Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Pathetic ...

... defines the general attitude of this board, and the sentiments of many fans. I truly wonder how many of you even watched the game today, or how many watch them at all ...

It's ignorant to blame Shurmur for all the failures in the second half ....

Knowing where he came from, I am certain the conservatism is as much Spags as it is Shurmur ....

Last year at this point, we were 0-7 and outscored 211-70 ...

Now we are 3-4 and margin is 120-131 ...

The selfish attitudes on the board are vomit inducing ...

You would think we were Super Bowl contenders ...

Young coaching staff, 4th youngest players in the league, rookie QB, MASSIVE learning curve ...

There are coaching issues ...

There are execution issues ...

There are issues on the road ...

Good gosh, get over yourselves. You don't know near as much as you think ...

I would have never thought the atmosphere could be worse here than last year, but after a 1 point loss to a 4-2 team, it actually is ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-24-2010 at 06:04 PM.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Re: Pathetic ...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    ... defines the general attitude of this board, and the sentiments of many fans. I truly wonder how many of you even watched the game today, or how many watch them at all ...

Knowing where he came from, I am certain the conservatism is as much Spags as it is Shurmur ....

Young coaching staff, 4th youngest players in the league, rookie QB, MASSIVE learning curve ...

I would have never thought the atmosphere could be worse here than last year, but after a 1 point loss to a 4-2 team, it actually is ...
    wow I'm speechless....
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Agreed here, pardon my rudeness putting the blame on Shurmur but even the players are subject to fault for their poor execution in the second half. Even with the win against the Chargers, I still predict a 6-win season at the very least, yes it's bad for the higher winning standards we've put up after beating the Redskins, Seahawks, and Chargers but a significant improvement compared the horrid '09 season. But just remember, though Bradford is no ordinary rookie, he still makes typical mistakes of one.

Just be glad the Whiners lost to the Panthers but then I'd be worried also seeing that we're facing them next week.

Truth is online now Registered User

While I believe the play calling in the 2nd half was...uninspired, it's not all on Shumur. Spags has a headset on. If he didn't agree with the play calls, he can make changes. And, let's face it, the guys on the field just didn't execute in the 2nd half.

This was not Bradford's best game...for whatever reaso. He's human, he'll have off days.

My anger/anxiety/disssappointment stems from the lack of execution on the part of the defense. SOOOO many missed tackles, and 2 missed interceptions that were right in the hands of defenders. Missed INTs are nothing new, but are real killers for this team.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I think at least with some of us you're dramatically misunderstanding how we feel.

I think this season is great, I love watching the games (unlike last year) and watching the young players grow. I still think I have the right to point out failures that I see occurring when I see them occur on a regular basis. With Bradford I know that he will tend to see his mistakes and then correct them, but I find myself wondering about that with shurmer.

Also, I did not blame this loss entirely on the coaching staff. Of course there were miscues, errors and poor plays and decisions on the part of the players, of course a lot of this comes from them being young and inexperienced.

My observation is that there are serious issues in the second half of every or nearly every game, we lack the ability or instinct to finish opponents off. I believe it is in part the coaching, specifically in the department of adjustments, but I can only go off what evidence I can see.

The game was a lot of fun, but it was very frustrating to lose a game we should have been able to put away and seeing the team in the *exact* situation they were in the game before.

But I guess observing continuing trends and being frustrated by losing a game we should have won is some how selfish and a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    wow I'm speechless....
    Well its not rocket science why many of the long standing members of this board, whom made it what it once was, no longer post here at all, or do so very infrequently ...

Same reasons why I am writing this crap post instead of something productive and intuitive. I guess I just haven't learned yet ....

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I don't know about you, but it is definitely not okay for me to sit and watch the game, watch us go up by 11 in the half, and drop 12 unanswered points and have absolutely no answer to an average Tampa Bay team....

Am I only blaming Shurmur? Hell no... The players have a big part in the loss too. Failure to execute...

However...since when is giving out excuses like candy on Christmas for blowing a very winnable game acceptable?

Well its not rocket science why many of the long standing members of this board, whom made it what it once was, no longer post here at all, or do so very infrequently ...

Same reasons why I am writing this crap post instead of something productive and intuitive. I guess I just haven't learned yet ....

Nahh I get you. I guess we just have to let some vent. I didn't get to see the second half. I was sooo confident with how we were moving the ball, just had no idea what would transpire. i was looking at the play by play on yahoo sports and seems like it came down to the defense. In that heat plus being on the field so much... oh well it happens.

Keep your head up this is still a better season than last.

GO RAMS!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

live4ramin is offline Registered User

A dome team can't sit on a lead in ninety degree heat. Once again we tryed to play mistake free football and the only mistake we made was not trying to win.

Infiniti, your indignant posturing and arrogant attitude is what unsettles this board. It's getting tiresome. Mr. Infiniti, have you no shame?
    The break, don't bend offense.

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    A dome team can't sit on a lead in ninety degree heat. Once again we tryed to play mistake free football and the only mistake we made was not trying to win.

Infiniti, your indignant posturing and arrogant attitude is what unsettles this board. It's getting tiresome. Mr. Infiniti, have you no shame?

Or maybe the poor overall attitude and ignorant posting has worn on me? No, you are right, it must be me ....

I guess 61 rep, or 5500+ rep points, was handed to me because of my "indigant posturing and arrogant attitude"?

I think not. I earned it through providing intelligent insight into intelligent conversations. So, either I have lost the ability to be insightful, or the intelligent converstation is gone ...

I have no problem calling it how I see it. Unfortunately, today's society has bred a group which cannot handle this ...

we lost because of those stupid white pants
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    we lost because of those stupid white pants
    Hmm. If we won by wearing blue on blue last week, why would we not wear blue on blue this week...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Hmm. If we won by wearing blue on blue last week, why would we not wear blue on blue this week...

case and point thank you!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

SavageRam is offline Registered User

This was an excrusiating loss today. Sometimes a loss like this can be more painful than losing 44-6.

Trading wins and losses every week can be harder to witness too because of higher expectations from a now more energized fan base. Losses like this can be like reopening a wound that won't heal, well for me anyway.

Steven Jackson was questioned after the game today about what it felt like to shatter Eric Dickerson's franchise rushing record. He said, "all I want to do is win."

Jackson's sentiment was an unselfish, emotional one after such a game. I share his desire to win as a fan, and hopefully with other fans here... it's the opposite of selfishness or arrogants, IMO

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

looks like somebody has got the painters in again..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast