rammiser is online now Registered User

Pathetic effort all around.

I am not embarrassed that we lost to the Lions. I am embarrassed by the effort this Rams team put forth today. To get blown out by the Lions is not acceptable. This whole team played horrible today.

The coaching was terrible right from the start with the dumb decision to do an onside kick. Nice way to give a 0-4 team life.

Daniel Fells running and running when he should have gone down so we could take a timeout and kick a fg and at least have a little hope going into the half. Ron Bartell still cannot catch.

Amendola's fumble inside the five was a killer.

Why no runs when we were down just seven or maybe it was fourteen in the redzone? No instead three straight passes. Memo to the coaching staff we have Steven Jackson in the backfield.

This was truly an uninspired effort and an effort that was all to similar to the teams of the past 3 years. This team is not ready for success because the talent isnt there and the winning mentality isnt there. We are still a couple years away from being a team that can make a difference.

Just Fix It

rNemesis is online now Registered User

Re: Pathetic effort all around.

You hit the nail on the head with this one, Miser.

You know I just dont get it. And what makes me even more angry was the fact that most of the experts from different shows picked the Lions, to win, ABSOLUTELY no doubt will beat us. What do these guys know that we dont?

But thats beside the point. We truly are a couple of years away from competing unless we make some offseason acquisitions out of this world and a killer draft class. We just cannot seem to stop being so sorry out there on the field. We are so inconsistent that it scares me, especially after a loss like this. This just cannot continue like this, with this dearth of talent and strong coaching decisions. Bradford obviously has to and I beceitfully hope that he will improve. At least we have that.

I mean, lets look at what we have:

Good RB, might be getting banged up .
    Good QB who needs to improve.
    No one scary at WR, TE, so to speak.

I WANT to think that the defense is turning the corner of being a good defense, but after todays performance, Im not so sure about that. I dont know if certain matchups are problems for us, I dont know if we fail to adjust, I dont know if the players sometimes give up hope, but WHATEVER it is, it needs to be looked at. HARD in the film session. SO I will need to see how we play next week before I make any additional criticisms, but for now it is what it is. We got our a** cut again and these types of losses make you ponder deeply about the direction we are going.

What direction are we going in? Up ? Down? I dont know but maybe Spags just wants to win the divisional games. Just a bunch of random thoughts. I dont know if I have anything else to say at this point. I want to see how this team responds or else we are right back where we started...
    Last edited by rNemesis; -10-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, it seems........

"they are who we thought they were"

Back to the stumblin', bumblin', same ol' Rams.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Gee, most of your points are obvious!

Overall I don't think the team is as bad as you make them out to be.

lovetheramsnomatterw is offline Registered User

I can't believe we lost by 38 points in this game. I was so sure that we would make it competitive in the second half but instead it got worse. Did the team give up or are the lions that much better than we are?

I knew this game was big but we layed an egg today. I know we aren't considered a good team by any means but i expected a better effort than we got today. Things didn't go are way and it looks like most of the team packed it in after that.

MikeD is offline Registered User

Something I noticed today was that we couldn't put much pressure on Hill (Lion's QB) and Bradford was constantly under some sort of pressure...

Overall, our promising Defense broke down today, looked like a brain fart. Maybe wrong gameplan for the Lions?

Missed out opportunities, all true opportunities are a form of luck, and luck is when opportunities meet with preparation. Kind of what happened to us on the first two games. Things didn't land our way.

Lastly, I am wondering if it was just me or if others saw the same thing, but it looked like we were deflated before we even stepped out on the field? Seemed like we were not as motivated today as we were last week.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree that the team effort was pathetic, but there was one guy who put forth a stellar performace. Steven Jackson gutted it out and fought for 114 yards rushing, despite obviously still not being 100%. He's a warrior who has nothing to be ashamed of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Gee, most of your points are obvious!

Overall I don't think the team is as bad as you make them out to be.

I never said how bad they were. Come on man losing to the lions by 38 points who does that? The Lions are 0-4 no one loses to them by 38. This Rams team had shown improvement but today was a huge step backwards. This team looked totally un-prepaired today. I dont think i seen a more pathetic performance by this team then i saw today.
    Just Fix It

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Something I noticed today was that we couldn't put much pressure on Hill (Lion's QB) and Bradford was constantly under some sort of pressure...

Overall, our promising Defense broke down today, looked like a brain fart. Maybe wrong gameplan for the Lions?

Missed out opportunities, all true opportunities are a form of luck, and luck is when opportunities meet with preparation. Kind of what happened to us on the first two games. Things didn't land our way.

Lastly, I am wondering if it was just me or if others saw the same thing, but it looked like we were deflated before we even stepped out on the field? Seemed like we were not as motivated today as we were last week.

Well, if there is one constant with this incarnation of the Rams, its the ultra conservative nature of the coaching staff.

If its not the offense calling dunks and dinks, then its the defense with either vanilla pressure schemes, or the lack of any blitz schemes.

When we did blitz, our safety penetrated Hill, and caused what should have been an interception.

It could have been that the Rams were overconfident based on what they have done the last 2 weeks, but to go out the way they did vs Detroit's
    SECOND team QB is inexcusable IMO.

This game was another direct result of the coaching staff.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    This team is not ready for success because the talent isnt there and the winning mentality isnt there. We are still a couple years away from being a team that can make a difference.
    Oh, I'd say this speaks as to what you think of the current team.

So, we'll have to wait two more years to see a team that can make a difference?

No one is happy with the loss and your post is not the least bit enlightening.

Being as you posted this at the start of the fourth quarter it looks like you simply decided to kick your team when they were down.

I'm glad the players did not just go sit on the bench and rag before the end of the game.

Sefarian is offline Registered User

Lion's fan here, I come in peace. I just wanted to say that despite the score and how bad it may have been for you guys, I was really impressed by the overall play of your QB and starting RB today, given the circumstances. While I don't think anyone would try to claim that today was a... good performance by everyone on the Rams, I think you guys should be proud that they kept going and didn't give up.

I really do hope that your RB is able to stay healthy, though. Good luck with the rest of your season. And I hope your WR who came out early isn't seriously hurt. I always cringe when they have to bring out the stretchers.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sefarian View Post
    Lion's fan here, I come in peace. I just wanted to say that despite the score and how bad it may have been for you guys, I was really impressed by the overall play of your QB and starting RB today, given the circumstances. While I don't think anyone would try to claim that today was a... good performance by everyone on the Rams, I think you guys should be proud that they kept going and didn't give up.

I really do hope that your RB is able to stay healthy, though. Good luck with the rest of your season. And I hope your WR who came out early isn't seriously hurt. I always cringe when they have to bring out the stretchers.
    Great to come here with class and I know that stat wise, our offense got most of it but weren't able to bring it to where it counts the most. I wouldn't say we've kept going and didn't give up seeing that our defense was as disappointing as it was last season making Jahvid Best look like Barry Sanders.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Gag....that game was "atrocious", lets move on, the sooner the better...

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sefarian View Post

You guys deserve the win, we just didn't show up and played like the Lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Oh, I'd say this speaks as to what you think of the current team.

So, we'll have to wait two more years to see a team that can make a difference?

No one is happy with the loss and your post is not the least bit enlightening.

Being as you posted this at the start of the fourth quarter it looks like you simply decided to kick your team when they were down.

I'm glad the players did not just go sit on the bench and rag before the end of the game.

Did the players ever get off the bench? The players didnt have time to sit and rag they were too busy dragging ass. It's not very often i quit watching a Rams game i usually sit through all the bad defeats but i cant stand it when they arent even trying.

If your fine with performances like that then you must have had a wonderful Sunday.

Kick my team while they were down. Hell some one should kick them. That wasnt the Packers, or Patriots that just dumped them by 38 it was the 0-4 Lions.

This team had shown progress in the first four weeks of the season but laying down for an opponent i thought was a thing of the past. After today however I am not sure.

Was there even one aspect of this team today that functioned halfway decent besides Jackson?

Feel free to continue to pick apart my posts and not offer your opinion in any way what so ever, thats fine. If you were raising your champagne glass at the end of that game then your a different type of fan.
    Just Fix It