Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Patriots!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Patriots!

I hate the Patriots with a passion and when I saw this game on the schedule I almost threw up. Thinking that the outcome of this game was going to be real ugly for us. Then having to deal with all the Patriots fans around here. UGH!!!!

Well the Patriots aren't as good as expected. At least not yet. Their offense is better than average but their defense is worse than average. I really feel like we have a shot to win this game. The key is our front 4 on defense. The Giants have shown the entire NFL the key to beating the Patriots and slowing down their offense is pressure on Tom Brady. Brady is like a surgeon in the pocket but as soon as he has to move his feet his surgical skills drop tremendously. Their secondary is probably the worst in the NFL. This past Sunday they managed to make Mark Sanchez look like an ALL-PRO.

With that said and our RAMS looking better than I expected. (Kudo's to Jeff Fisher)
    I really feel like we can win this game.

GO RAMS!!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Patriots!

We have to learn how to score touchdowns. I mean, lets get back to basics and find out our strengths when it comes to the red-zone. We should have no trouble at all moving the ball up and down the field. They have a few good players on D, but they can't do everything. They are 23rd when it comes to Yards per game allowed. I think we will be successful running the ball, and even passing it. We've got to control the ball, eat up the clock, score TD's and not FG's, and get a few turnovers on the other side.

Its going to be near impossible to stop all the weapons, but if we can put them in some hard situations, we can succeed. Apply tremendous pressure, get a turnover or two, and score early and often and we can pull one through.
    rammmm likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

We need to contain Ridley, PERIOD. While the Patriots passing game is one of the NFL's finest, their running game's finally starting to show some fire. Our D last week had their youth exposed, hope they'll learn from it and contain them in every aspect of their offense. I have faith Schotty will bring a gameplan that'll bring TDs to the table.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Pressuring the quarterback is the key to our high motor defense and rotating our linemen is the key to that. We were struck a blow when Sims went down.

Also I think Rogers exposed Bradley Fletcher in this game and the Cheatriots were watching.
    laram0 likes this.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post

Also I think Rogers exposed Bradley Fletcher in this game and the Cheatriots were watching.
    Yes, film at 11.
    fearsome foursome likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

THIS IS CHEATRIOTS WEEEK!!! I hate them as well!! Stupid cheating piece of ****%! lol anyways, I would love it if we win this game and we have a better than average chance to beat them.... ( In all honesty we should have Cheatriots week on ClanRam everytime they play)
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -10-23-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    rammmm likes this.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

The Rams should have their corners mug the Cheatriots receivers to throw off their timing.
    rammmm likes this.

Haste is offline Registered User

I think we have a real shot offensively against them with the way their D has been this year. I am worried about stopping Ridley and Gronk though; who can cover Gronk effectively? I'm guessing our rookie CB gets exposed along with maybe Dahl or Stewart.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

We cant beat the top tier teams with this offense. Our offense is just plain horrible
    live4ramin and rammmm like this.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I love the optimism, I really do. I just don't see how we can win this game unless we put up points (and I don't mean ones that come in garbage time). We really have to either keep pace with New England's offense or limit them throughout the entirety of the game AND still score enough points.

I hope it happens but I really see Brady going to work on us.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Based on what I saw in London when the Bucs hosted the Cheatriots there some years ago there will be like >60% patsies fans there and the rest will be a mixture of all other 31 NFL teams.....

So they have more homefield than we have. But I will be there and scream my guts out! And it would be so sweet beating them!

GO RAMS!

(How many SB's have the patsies won since cameragate? Yep 0)

moravcik69 is offline Registered User

We are talking about Elite QB's in Brady and Rodgers, there is no shame in the D struggling against them. We need to look at the Giants template for beating the Patriots, pressure and time of possession, and you know what? I reckon Jeff Fisher, who looks like a pretty good hire at the moment, may just have an idea of how to do that.....Can't Wait!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

The Patriots are a flawed team so the Rams definitely have a shot. It also seems like you shouldn't be allowed to be a Patriots fan if you live in England....
    live4ramin likes this.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Rams will get crushed by .... 20 POINTS!! Sorry its just the sad reality .. If Brady gets as much time as Rodgers did....disaster zone

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Rams will get crushed by .... 20 POINTS!! Sorry its just the sad reality .. If Brady gets as much time as Rodgers did....disaster zone
    This is one of those posts where you just want to come back and say "I told you so" just to be right instead of recognizing that the Rams are improved. Why go into the game already thinking we will get killed, what's the point? Why watch the game? You just saw us lose by only 10 to a potent Packers offense, and you saw the mediocre at best Jets take the Pats to OT, or maybe you haven't seen any of it.

It's not reality until it happens. It's only your opinion as of now, and you know what they say about opinions.
    Ramblin` Ram likes this.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast