Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtah6245 is offline Registered User

Re: Pats interested in S-Jax?

I say make the trade but only for Maroney, a 1st pick and 3rd pick in the 2010 draft. If the Rams are rebuilding then rebuild by accumulating as many future draft picks as you can. The Rams has the Colts and Saints coming up in two of their next three games and is looking at being either 0-9 or 1-8 with only seven games left in a season which is a wash.

Truth is offline Registered User

I'd be willing to listen. They'd have to offer us enough to make a difference (not this season). The fact is we have MANY glaring holes. Jackson can't fill those holes. Not trading him solely because the Rams won't fill seats is very short sighted. We've lost 16 games in a row. Just having Jackson won't bring us a winning season.

I'd also like to see SJ get the recognition he deserves. That won't happen while playing with the Rams.

Bottomline for me is, if the price is right, put Jackson on a flight.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

You speak the truth, Truth.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. On one hand, I love Steven and I want him to be a Ram forever, but on the other hand thinking of the future of the team, it'd be a good idea to get as many of NE's draft picks as possible, they have too many to begin with anyways...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

eldfan is offline Registered User

Yes the Pats really need SJ today what would they do without him.
    :ramlogo:

39thebeast is offline Registered User

We would need more draft picks than that IMO it would have be something like Maroney and Leigh Bodden their 1st and 4th this year and the raiders 1st next year and then a 5th and 2011 that would could become up to a third. So in total 2 players and 4 picks. Then we should consider it if not forget it

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I would jump all over that were it more than speculation. One thing the Rams don't have to worry about is they're fans knowing they've given up trying to win this year because any realistic Ram fan knows it doesn't matter whether they've given up or not. They are just not a team (at this moment) that is going to win much regardless of the effort.

Whether it could happen is certainly anybody's guess, but as far as compensation goes, the Rams would be foolish not to look into it.

The Raiders 1st will no doubt be a top ten pick, which would mean 2 picks in the top ten for a team that is admittedly in rebuilding mode. How they could pay them is certainly a concern, but one I'd love to have.

There certainly is the potential to get rich quick IMO.
    So we're on the hook for two $60 million contracts instead of one? Forget that. It's not worth it.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think people are over-valuing top ten draft picks. I believe Steven Jackson is worth more than a top ten pick. What are the odds of finding a player of Steven's caliber again? We would be trading a proven commodity for an opportunity to gamble in the draft, with the odds of receiving a lesser talent certainly greater than getting a better one. On top of that, as someone else said, we'd have two more 60 million dollar contracts on our hands, to go along with the two we have from the past two seasons, Bulger's contract, the cap hit from Jackson, and whoever we bring in, in free agency next year. We wouldn't be able to afford rebuilding a team at that point, because we would have too much money tied up in too few positions. Definitely not worth it.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I would listen, if we get enough picks, Maroney, and be out from under SJ's contract. We are going nowhere fast this season and additional picks next year could help build for the future. If this were the past front office I would not trust them with any picks, but I would trust who we have in place now to make wise and decent use of the picks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I just can't picture this happening. We spent last year rebuilding the D, and I predict we will be focusing on the O-Line in 1010.

In today's game, he was a horse. His cap is huge, I just cannot see the Rams trading Jackson.

MVP to Little today for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    I just can't picture this happening. We spent last year rebuilding the D, and I predict we will be focusing on the O-Line in 1010.

In today's game, he was a horse. His cap is huge, I just cannot see the Rams trading Jackson.

MVP to Little today for sure.
    I don't think it will happen either. I'm just saying that I would be willing to see what was being offerred. I wouldn't just say NO. Salary cap issues might not be an issue if the trade happens in the off season, and we wind up with a season without a salary cap (as may happen without a CBA).
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    So we're on the hook for two $60 million contracts instead of one? Forget that. It's not worth it.
    We don't necessarily have to keep both picks.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    number 3: we have no offense this year, but next year when it comes to trying to win again, we'll be dealing with Maroney.

I played Fantasy Football in Maroney's league - he didn't pick himself...what does that say?

We don't necessarily have to keep both picks.
    Have you noticed how hard it has been to shop our pick the last two years? Teams don't want high first rounders, because of the financial cost. If we get two, we're stuck with both.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Have you noticed how hard it has been to shop our pick the last two years? Teams don't want high first rounders, because of the financial cost. If we get two, we're stuck with both.
    I have noticed. So maybe we should call George Steinbrenner or Mark Cuban and inform them that the Rams are for sale.

I have noticed. So maybe we should call George Steinbrenner or Mark Cuban and inform them that the Rams are for sale.
    They can't do anything about the salary cap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast