• 3 Post By RamFan_Til_I_Die
  • 1 Post By Flippin' Ram
  • 1 Post By Rambos
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Per Jim Thomas

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Per Jim Thomas

"Apparently, he's going back to more of a run-first concept."

He's saying the Rams are going back to a run first offense. If they are going with a run first offense with Dahl, Wells and Williams in the middle, they might win 1 game the rest of the year.

Also, sounds like Pead will be disciplined for violating team rules. It'll be interesting to see if he makes it through the season.

Asked who is less likely to be back in 2014 between Finnegan, Wells and Dahl, he said Dahl. Considering Jones is ready at Center and Finnegan is the 3rd or 4th best CB on the team and making $8+ million, that's shocking.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Per Jim Thomas

Larry curly Moe oh my........

bruce4life is offline Registered User

What did Pead do now?

This guy has yet to get a shot, its pretty discouraging for a player to be doing well in game times but be benched for " no reason at all" ... BS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Asked who is less likely to be back in 2014 between Finnegan, Wells and Dahl, he said Dahl. Considering Jones is ready at Center and Finnegan is the 3rd or 4th best CB on the team and making $8+ million, that's shocking.
    Did Thomas have any insight into why Finnegan's game has completely deteriorated?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    What did Pead do now?

This guy has yet to get a shot, its pretty discouraging for a player to be doing well in game times but be benched for " no reason at all" ... BS
    It's been reported that Pead did something along the lines of missing curfew or being late to meetings. Pead has acknowledged he needs to get his act together.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Run first is great if you have a line that can open holes and talented RBs. At this point we seem to have neither. I definitely think we need to try and figure it out and run more, and more efficiently, but to make that the highlight of our offense at this point, seems futile at best.
    RamDez, r8rh8rmike and macrammer like this.

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Maybe by running more efficiently could help the team in the long run. Finnergan is getting up in age. Plus $8M could help out the team in the long run if they cut him.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Run first is great if you have a line that can open holes and talented RBs. At this point we seem to have neither. I definitely think we need to try and figure it out and run more, and more efficiently, but to make that the highlight of our offense at this point, seems futile at best.
    My thoughts exactly. To now try and make the running game the identity of a team that spent the off-season building for an explosive passing game with the likes of Austin and Cook to compliment Givens and Bradford, well, seems nuts. Just who is going to be the centerpiece of this running game? Richardson, with a bad wheel? Pead, who can't even stay on the field? Stacy, who never gets used? Cunningham, who hasn't shown he can produce? It seems like a desperate plan, especially considering as you noted, an OL that gets no push, other than pushed around by the opposing defense. Heaven help us...............

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I don't really get this philosophy, especially when we drafted explosive receivers and an O-line that emphasizes on pass protection. If we wanted to go through a run-first philosophy, we should've gotten Larry Warford, Eddie Lacy, guys that will fit this philosophy well. Fisher's forcing a square peg on a round hole at this point and if he doesn't allow Bradford to run the offense through his strengths, things will get uglier.
    clarasDK likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I agree with Fisher. Bradford isn't Brees or Manning, he can't carry the team on his arm, we need a running game to allow our receivers get open.

My issue is that I don't think our RB core is good enough. I like Richardsons tallent, but he isn't a power runner, he's a 3rd down back. I'm done with Pead until he proves me wrong. I hope Fisher sees something in Stacy or Cunningham and he is getting ready to unleash them.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Last year we went with the power back on the field first and setting the tone with his physical play. Then we would go with the speed back after the defense had to deal with the power back. This year we have yet to play our power back Stacy and have been soft with DRich and Pead.

The only change I can see is not just playing Stacy but starting him. Have him set the tone even if it's a two yard run someone needs to pay the price to tackle him. Zac goes 5' 8", 224 lbs lets get him going. We used two picks to go get this guy use him. We can change the pace with DRich and Pead.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    My thoughts exactly. To now try and make the running game the identity of a team that spent the off-season building for an explosive passing game with the likes of Austin and Cook to compliment Givens and Bradford, well, seems nuts. Just who is going to be the centerpiece of this running game? Richardson, with a bad wheel? Pead, who can't even stay on the field? Stacy, who never gets used? Cunningham, who hasn't shown he can produce? It seems like a desperate plan, especially considering as you noted, an OL that gets no push, other than pushed around by the opposing defense. Heaven help us...............
    I keep hearing in my head...."We will fix this" "We will fix this" is this the fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    The only change I can see is not just playing Stacy but starting him. Have him set the tone even if it's a two yard run someone needs to pay the price to tackle him. Zac goes 5' 8", 224 lbs lets get him going. We used two picks to go get this guy use him. We can change the pace with DRich and Pead.
    I'm all for starting Stacy, but there has to be a reason the Rams have not seen fit to use him, giving him exactly 1 carry the entire season. If there was ever a time to see what he can do, it's now. Nothing else has worked. It'll also be interesting to see if Fisher follows through with his plan to use Austin in the backfield.

I think it's important to try and establish the running game, but to do a complete 180 and make the offense a "run first" proposition seems like a desperate course of action, especially with a rushing "attack" that has so far been DOA. I guess if you're going to give it a shot, you might as well try it against the worst rush defense in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I keep hearing in my head...."We will fix this" "We will fix this" is this the fix?
    Looks that way.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

One thing that is certain is that we can't have Daryl Richardson in the backfield on passing downs. His blitz pickup/blocking last week was horrible.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    One thing that is certain is that we can't have Daryl Richardson in the backfield on passing downs. His blitz pickup/blocking last week was horrible.
    Not sure if it's related, but Richardson tweeted to a follower that he will not be starting against the Jags.

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Not sure if it's related, but Richardson tweeted to a follower that he will not be starting against the Jags.
    I'm not opposed to Richardson and believe he is a viable staring RB in the league. The fact is, there have been no holes to run through. If the Rams had Arian Foster in the back field I'm not sure they'd have better production. We've had the same issue in previous seasons when fans were outraged that Jerome Bettis and Steven Jackson were dancing behind the line.

Thomas said nothing about excuses for Finnegan but supposedly Finnegan or someone within the Rams are saying he's been injured somehow but is now getting healthy. Since he wasn't on the injury report, I consider those to be do-over excuses. You play bad for 4-5 weeks, blame a mystery injury and if you can turn it around, nobody gives much credence to the bad weeks.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -10-02-2013 at 06:02 PM.