RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Per our "reliable" friends at RotoWorld ...

The Titans were ready and willing to trade something for Holt, but Holt adamantly refused to restructure his contract to make the deal work ...

Ghost Guest

Re: Per our "reliable" friends at RotoWorld ...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The Titans were ready and willing to trade something for Holt, but Holt adamantly refused to restructure his contract to make the deal work ...

Is it just me or does it seem like Torry has it in for the Rams? I think he Refused to restructure so he could prevent the rams from gettin ganything in return for him.. I hope that Torry wouldnt do something like that, but I guess it's possible. I could just sense that something was off with him.. Or maybe I am looking too much into this.. maybe he just didn't want to play for the Titans.. maybe he just wants to play in Carolina.. maybe not.. Or maybe he is thinking about retirement.. Oh goodness my Brain is starting to roam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like Torry has it in for the Rams? I think he Refused to restructure so he could prevent the rams from gettin ganything in return for him.. I hope that Torry wouldnt do something like that, but I guess it's possible. I could just sense that something was off with him.. Or maybe I am looking too much into this.. maybe he just didn't want to play for the Titans.. maybe he just wants to play in Carolina.. maybe not.. Or maybe he is thinking about retirement.. Oh goodness my Brain is starting to roam.
    I honestly think Holt is frozen in the GSOT era and still thinks that those currently in charge owe him something. If he is holding a grudge, he's holding it against the wrong people, as the entire regime has done a 180 ...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I hope we play whatever team he goes to, and Bartell doesn't allow him one catch.

Come on Holt, you of all people should know your glory days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I hope we play whatever team he goes to, and Bartell doesn't allow him one catch.
    ... and why not have it be during one of the 3 games the Rams wear their throwback jerseys and really rub it in, eh?

this is truly a hard one. I get the feeling that Torry was just completely finished with the Rams and has unrepentantly "stuck" it to them, which is upsetting. Then again, he's got his reasons, so its hard to be too angry.

the quintessential 80's rock song comes to mind.... "don't go away mad.... just go away"

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont know why he wouldnt restructure

he definitely isnt going Carolina where he wants to go because they have too many WRs already and they dont have the cap space to sign him. If he refused because he wants the money left on his contract then he isnt going to get it because as soon as he gets released and signs with a new team they will give him a contract with a similar structure to the one he would get had he restructured with the Titans

he will probably end up signing with the Titans anyway, since they were the only team to show interest in him enough to attempt a trade. So the only logical explanation for him not wanting to restructure would be to break down the trade talks so the Rams would have to release him and as a result not get anything for him

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

He probably just wanted the chance to make his own decision. Imagine if your employer informed you that they were about to lay you off, but if you would agree to take a pay cut to go to work in another city for the competitor of their choice, then they would get something out of it. It's just possible that you wouldn't feel too inclined to do them any favors.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I honestly think he is overestimating his value at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I honestly think he is overestimating his value at this point in his career.
    Absolutely agree on that one ...