Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Perhaps threatening people is nothing new for Turley

I found this on the PD, and the person who posted this found it in the archives of the Rampagers newsgroup I belong to. It's from ESPN the Magazine, and while I'm not entirely sure on the issue, I suspect it's from March 2002, as that's the only issue that comes up in a search of Kyle Turley at the magazine's website.

In 2000, after a 22-month marriage that produced a daughter, Haley, Turley's wife, Kelly, filed for divorce. She also obtained a restraining order, claiming Turley had threatened to "kill the three of us, so we could be together in heaven," and that he would "be just like O.J. Simpson and I would be like Nicole Brown Simpson." As Turley rattles off his side of it -- denying the first threat, saying the second was taken out of context -- he rubs his neck and grimaces. The speedometer starts climbing: 70 ... 80 ... 85. Then, as he settles down, it drops, but only to 80.
    Kind of interesting, given current events, wouldn't you say?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Perhaps threatening people is nothing new for Turley

It is possible that Turley made some threats, but I am sure that Martz must have said a few obnoxious things himself.

Unfortunately it just goes to prove that Martz does not really have control over the players or himself.

It is a shame that all this talk has to be aired in public. We don't need to feed the announcers. They already have plenty to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Turley was an ass when he was on the Saints.

Why would anyone think he would be something other than an ass just because he joined the Rams?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

But if he can play up to his abilities, and keep his mouth shut just a teensy weensy bit more, then he'd be a great addition to this team next year.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If he can play up to his former top level and keep his mouth shut, fine. I'm not holding my breath, though.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The dude has some issues. I could care less if he comes back or not. The Rams need to plan on him not returning.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Yup.......

Why would anyone think he would be something other than an ass just because he joined the Rams?
    and once again.....yup!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Maybe other "asses" within the 'aints disorganization led to this label. What he did in the NYJ game as an 'aint was both good and bad. Good that he came to the rescue of his QB and bad was his reaction once he got unjustly kicked out. See the replay of what the NYJ player was doing to Brooks' head and neck and then make your call.

Haslett and his antics and Benson and his stupidity are nothing new in New Orleans or the NFL. Turley was loved by the whole community more than the aforementioned. That had something to do with his availability. I try not to give any credibility to any comment made by a spouse in a suit where millions of dollars are involved.

Who are we playing Sunday? The Jets? If some jets player tries that crap on one of our players, I sure hope that a teamate steps up like Turley did during that infamous Sunday night game!

Peace

FLO
    Last edited by fearlessone; -01-01-2005 at 02:53 PM.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Issues off the field NEVER help a team win.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    The dude has some issues. I could care less if he comes back or not. The Rams need to plan on him not returning.
    Agreed. Our O-Line needs help, but they can do without a re-conditioned factory second with a mouth and a short fuse. "Potential" and "bad attitude" do not sit well together. (Ryan Leaf, anyone?) So what if he has produced. As this season has shown us...our team can't rely on, and expect to succeed with recycled, formerly productive players (Chandler, Dishman, Sehorn?)

Wow...that was way too serious for me. :tongue:
    Last edited by Scidog68; -01-01-2005 at 08:51 PM.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

RamTime Guest

You think Turley is the only one in the NFL that acts like this?

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    You think Turley is the only one in the NFL that acts like this?
    No...But none of the others affect OUR locker room. None of the others provide negative fodder for the media regarding OUR team. None of the others leave gaping holes in OUR O-line while re-habbing away from OUR facility. The rest of the NFL's ****-ups can suck wind and pound salt. They are no more than footnotes in a colorful league. But when they impact OUR team they become a distraction; an embarassment; a liability.
    I know my view seems rather narrow, RamTime, and you are absolutely correct. However, with regard to the Rams organization and all of the negative BS turds swirling around the media toilet, Turley is NOT the kind ( or caliber) of player we need to be cleaning up after. He hasn't been active all season and the only thing the media has to say about him involves shouting matches and death threats. His reputation preceded him and made me, at least, say, "WTF?" As long as he produced and played team ball he was worth it. Guess what?
    I know we will be keeping him- salary cap hell. But unless he shuts the hell up, toes the line and helps this team he should be back-up to someone who can do the job and cares about his contribution to the team.

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnd..........I'm spent. Whew.

Hooah

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=Scidog68]No...But none of the others affect OUR locker room. None of the others provide negative fodder for the media regarding OUR team. None of the others leave gaping holes in OUR O-line while re-habbing away from OUR facility. The rest of the NFL's ****-ups can suck wind and pound salt.

Wait just a moment here! Let's say that maybe KT was telling the truth about MM making him practice a little early ! You know ,(it was his back) that he had all the problems . Anyone that has had back problems will know just how painful it is ! of course i'm not taking Turley's side on the matter but, we all know that MM opens his mouth a little premature at times! Don't we?

I agree with fearlessone! I hope our players would have my back at crunch time!

and as far as KT not rehabbing at Rams park, maybe he has found another rehabilitation place that is too his liking! Wouldn't you chose your choice of rehab if concerning your career and lively hood?...

I certainly would...........The Rams i'm sure do not have anywhere close to the best Dr's now would you think?

Not too mention having the BEST attourney's!...................................For we at the Ramclan have that Prestige !!!!! Isn't that right AV!!!!!

I have your back Av!!!

RamTime Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    No...But none of the others affect OUR locker room. None of the others provide negative fodder for the media regarding OUR team. None of the others leave gaping holes in OUR O-line while re-habbing away from OUR facility. The rest of the NFL's ****-ups can suck wind and pound salt. They are no more than footnotes in a colorful league. But when they impact OUR team they become a distraction; an embarassment; a liability.
    I know my view seems rather narrow, RamTime, and you are absolutely correct. However, with regard to the Rams organization and all of the negative BS turds swirling around the media toilet, Turley is NOT the kind ( or caliber) of player we need to be cleaning up after. He hasn't been active all season and the only thing the media has to say about him involves shouting matches and death threats. His reputation preceded him and made me, at least, say, "WTF?" As long as he produced and played team ball he was worth it. Guess what?
    I know we will be keeping him- salary cap hell. But unless he shuts the hell up, toes the line and helps this team he should be back-up to someone who can do the job and cares about his contribution to the team.

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnd..........I'm spent. Whew.
    ***** OK! *****

Wait just a moment here! Let's say that maybe KT was telling the truth about MM making him practice a little early ! You know ,(it was his back) that he had all the problems . Anyone that has had back problems will know just how painful it is ! of course i'm not taking Turley's side on the matter but, we all know that MM opens his mouth a little premature at times! Don't we?

I agree with fearlessone! I hope our players would have my back at crunch time!

and as far as KT not rehabbing at Rams park, maybe he has found another rehabilitation place that is too his liking! Wouldn't you chose your choice of rehab if concerning your career and lively hood?...

I certainly would...........The Rams i'm sure do not have anywhere close to the best Dr's now would you think?

Not too mention having the BEST attourney's!...................................For we at the Ramclan have that Prestige !!!!! Isn't that right AV!!!!!

I have your back Av!!![/QUOTE]

So what. He hurt his back. Is he the first? No. His back is his weakness. Don't you think that the Rams club would be interested in protecting their not inconsiderable investment?
    So MM's got a big mouth. Does that give KT the green light to run off and not keep anyone back in St. Loo updated on his progress? I would want my EMPLOYER and my TEAM involved in my rehab to insure that I still had a job when I came back. Wherever that might be.
    His on-field performance was never the issue. Play mean. Play hard. But leave the asshole on the field. Don't bring it into your HC's office. Stay out of the negative LimeLight.
    If you aren't taking KT's side then what are you doing? He is a liability to this team. His return to playing condition is questionable at best. If not for the salary cap hit we would take, I would say to kick him to the curb.
    I don't believe that KT will be back with this or any other organization. Ever. His back injury will never really heal and this season spent waiting will have been in vain. Not to beat a dead horse, but, IMHO his days are over.
    Even if I'm wrong and he comes back, how productive do you think his repaired back will allow him to be? Will he be worth what we paid for him? Will he be worth what we've had to put up with from him this season? I say no. If he REALLY wanted to play next season, he would be doing everything in his power to insure that he would be ready. I've heard nothing about KT's back rehab at all. Where is he? What regimen is he sticking to? Do the team trainers know? Do they feel he can come back?
    With what little he has shared with anyone, I can not in good conscience defend him or his actions.
    I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just don't like where the KT saga is dragging this club and can't understand the Devil's advocate position. In this instance. Sorry guys. I try not to be so serious all the time.

Oh...and our Legal Guys rock, AV.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -01-02-2005 at 01:13 AM.

Hooah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast