View Poll Results: What Personnel Move (or Non-Move) Concerns You Most?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Relying on Greene and Berlin behind Bulger/No developmental QB

11 16.67%
  • Assuming that Witherspoon, Tinoisamoa, Culberson and Draft will be enough at LB.

19 28.79%
  • Not seeking an upgrade over Corey Chavous.

22 33.33%
  • Not obtaining a veteran starting CB.

5 7.58%
  • If Leonard is bulking up to play FB, is Pittman enough behind Jackson?

3 4.55%
  • Jacob Bell is nice, but we needed another veteran OL.

3 4.55%
  • Other (specify below).

3 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which Personnel Move (or Non-move) Cause You The Greatest Concern?

What aspect of the new roster do you think should have been addressed differently?

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Re: Which Personnel Move (or Non-move) Cause You The Greatest Concern?

While other areas remain a concern, the lack of adequate cover for Bulger is the most worrying. If his ribs don't hold this season (or he acquires another injury), we're going to be in deep trouble.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I went with "other". Not having a good enough set of receivers. Jury is out on Bennett; Holt's knee is a worry. Our draftees are unproven, and our hold overs from the practice squad have not demonstrated anything yet. Other than McMichael, all the receivers have some question marks about them.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I voted for our lack of linebacker depth. We did basically nothing to account for the loss of Chillar, and even with him our linebackers weren't the greatest. Aside from Spoon, we are relying on a guy who hasn't been able to stay healthy (Pisa), a special teams standout with one career start (Culberson), a guy brought in for depth purposes (Draft), and a handful of late round/undrafted rookies. A couple injuries here and we could be in serious trouble.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Here's a shocker.....

I went with the not obtaining a veteran CB.....

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I voted for not replacing Corey Chavous, with the Trent Green acquisition in close second. Chavous has the smarts to survive but is becoming a liability in the secondary. Is Green really an upgrade over the Gus Frerotte disaster of last year? It's nice that he knows the Saunders system, but other than that he doesn't bring much to the table. Maybe the Rams will get lucky and sign a solid 3rd option (a Ryan Fitzpatrick comeback with C. Palmer's little brother now on the Bengals? Byron Leftwich? Jeff George? Jim Everett?) by the time training camp is finished.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Safety spot is our biggest concern heading into the the season IMO. If this Bass kid works out and is a surprise (which I think he had a great upside last year) it might help....

stlramman is offline Registered User

I agree with cfh128 and voted for the LB situation. They once found a diamond in the rough by the name of London, and seem to be hoping that lightning strikes twice(in more ways than one) I was mildly surprised that they did not address this situation in the draft and instead only signed Rookie Free Agents. Hopefully Culberson makes them look real smart! An upgrade for Chavous would be my second choice.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I like Green but he has had one to many head injuries. Bulger took a beating last season. Lets hope our line stays health this year.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I went with the lack of a replacement for Chavous. With the budget being particularly tight this year, an underwhelming choice of free agents, and several pressing priorities in the draft that couldn't be ignored, I wouldn't have expected us to do much in most of the areas that are still lacking.

We could have gotten a developmental quarterback late in the draft, but it isn't going to make a big difference if we wait another year and pick one up in the next draft. Bulger easily has 3-4 more years before he has to be replaced.

Kawika Mitchell would have been a decent signing at linebacker and affordable at 5 years, $17.5 million, but Chillar spurned our offer and we couldn't afford Calvin Pace if we wanted him.

We couldn't afford a corner good enough to replace Brown or Hill in the lineup, and we are stocked up on young guys right now.

I think Leonard could still slide back into the halfback role even with some more weight on him, and we still have Travis Minor in a pinch.

We picked up probably the second best lineman available in free agency and added two more draftees. We hardly need more offensive linemen right now.

But safety I think we could have addressed. We could have gotten Steltz in the fourth, Corey Lynch was still on the board in the sixth, and Josh Barrett lasted all the way to the seventh. Granted, we didn't have any picks between 157 and 228, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to arrange a trade to get a sixth or seventh round pick. Or we could have made a play for Gibril Wilson in free agency, who is in his prime (26) and would have cost about as much as we payed Jacob Bell.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I would have gone with finding an upgrade over chavous, but there really wasn't anything out there draft or FA wise besides Gibril Wilson who I would have rather spent the money for him on Bell. I went with getting someone behind S-jax. It is a 2 back league we really don't have anyone behind him Pittman is still unproven, Minor is more of a special teamer and Leonard realy isn't being relied on as a RB anymore. There is still hope with guys like Michael Pittman out there.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Offensive linemen. Sure, bell is versatile, but can we guarantee either greco or scheuning or setterstrom can step into his spot?

Do we even have a starting center? We have a bunch of hopefuls, but nought is proven. I think the lack of a snapper could come back to bite us if it turns out neither Romberg or Setterstrom are what we're looking for at Center.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Waivng Isaac Bruce and not resigning Steussie

ramming speed to all

general counsel

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Looking at that poll it really makes me realize that they did address most of my concerns..

Of that list I voted for the LB corps one. I don't really know much about Culberson, a veteran would have been nice, but I can't count Culberson out either. There weren't really any good FA LBs out there and we just would have drafted another one if we felt Culberson wasn't good.

Also another OLman would have been nice. Although I think we're set with Bell now and could have a very good OL, I'm a little gun shy because of all the injuries last year

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i voted not upgrading the SS spot over Chavous...i do think Johnson and bassey have an outside chance of taking his starting spot,but it is a position that we really can be exposed by the top teams at and will when we play them!

our linebacker corp could be ripped to shreads should Will go down also...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast