thoey is offline Registered User

In perspective...

There are a lot of us here that have been long time fans. And, there are those that have been recent fans. I am not trying to down play our recent brethren, but you can not expect 1999-2000 to happen over and over again.

As anyone can tell you, the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. But along with that comes a rebuilding time. The RAMS are in that time.

I hope that we have the pieces in place so that next year we are competative, but we have to wait and see. For right now, I will sit and watch and cheer for a win each week.

But we are done for this season.

This space for rent...

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: In perspective...

Thoey, I agree that we can't have the '99 Rams every year. I also know that this is a rebuilding year. But - is it REALLY over?
    Seriously, chances are we will not see the post-season this year. But, we can still hope to see a 10 - 6 record this year if the Rams pull it together.
    Last year we made the playoffs with an 8 - 8 record. 10 - 6 isn't that bad.
    I don't know about you, but I'm going to to enjoy our last 7 games. Maybe we will get that wildcard spot, maybe not. But, the season isn't done for me until the last snap of the last game...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think it's over. Just a hunch but I do think that this year is going to be very difficult to make the playoffs now. The Rams are in transition and every team faces this with the salary cap.

We whiffed on the LB's in the offseason so far. They (Claiborne and Coakley) just haven't but that fear into opposing offenses. The Rams went with the money they had it just wasn't enough.

Furrey at S is a blessing in disguise. He's always around the ball. It's just tough when Fisher seems like a play away from the IR.

The D line is molding, but needs experience. Hargrove has to learn to stay home and quit chasing the ball.

We lost our coach due to a medical situation. Bruce went down early in the year, Holt was hurt along with Bruce. Bulger down too. Injuries and youth have wrecked the team this year. Let's hope the Rams play out the season with pride and get ready for the draft.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I have to dis-agree completely on this. We lost to a very good Seattle team on their turf. We have 7 games left and I see 2 of them as being possible losses but also winable. We are 4-5 and even if we lose 1 or 2 more we finish 9-7 or 10-6. That is not far fetched to happen.

Here is the remaining schedule.

Cardinals-Should be a win in the dome.
    @Texans-Should be a win unless we play like week 1.
    Redskins-This could go either way.
    @Vikings-Also could go either way but their d is soft like ours.
    Eagles-I like our chances here.
    Whiners-Win
    @Cowboys-Possible chance to win could be a huge make or break game.

Now with that remaining schedule how can you say it's over? We are playing better than we were and lost a tough game in Seattle. We have won 2 out of our last 3 and probable will win at least 2 in a row coming up. It's not over till the lights go out.
    Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Cards - win
    @ Texans - win
    Redskins - loss
    @ Vikings - loss
    Eagles - maybe
    Whiners - win
    @ Cowboys - loss

That would put us at either 7-9 or 8-8. Either way, it won't get us to the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong, it's been known to happen.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, it could be worse. Look at Baltimore. They are in shambles without any type of light at any end of the tunnel.

At least the Rams have started the rebuilding process with selections like Barron, Terrell, Jackson, Bartell, and others. I like what I see in Ivy. However, the LB corp is one of the major disappointments in this team. Glad to know that contracts aren't guaranteed, just signing bonuses.

It's extremely doubtful this team makes the playoffs this year, but it's extremely encouraging the direction that the Rams seem to be heading. I like the D line. Butler comes back next year. The O line gets a bunch of experience this year. Curtis has solidified his place amongst the WR's. The Rams need to focus on S and LB help in the draft.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I hope next week we have Archaleta back.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I am not trying to down play our recent brethren, but you can not expect 1999-2000 to happen over and over again.
    It has been done. See pats 3 SB's in 4 years during the salary cap era. But you are correct, it will never happen with low expectations.