• 2 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 2 Post By Curly Horns
  • 1 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER
  • 1 Post By macrammer
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: Perspective

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Perspective

Having just gotten power restored after three days and living in the middle of this horror show on the Jersey Shore that Hurricane Sandy brought, I realized just how insignificant football is in the grand scheme of things. Suddenly made a 45-7 loss not really important. I'm sure after the bye week and things settle down around here it may be a bit different, but this event was an eye opener for sure.

Some random thoughts:

Dez- I feel your pain. Went to a 48-3 loss vs. the Jets the year Haslett took over in mid-season. I've been to six away Rams games in a row- all losses. Sometimes I wonder why bother.

The Rams are shopping Steve Smith? If they're lucky, they MIGHT get a bag of footballs for him.

This Steven Jackson trade talk is crazy. When was the last time a bonafide star- even if he is past his prime- got traded midseason in football? This isn't baseball, where that happens frequently.

Time to get back to good football. No excuse to come out of this bye and not fight SF tooth and nail. Pride alone after last week's fiasco should prevent that from happening. Plus, it appears Amendola and Saffold might be back.

The second season starts Nov. 11th.
    live4ramin and laram0 like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Perspective

I take it you and yours came away uninjured? Which would be the best news possible in a natural disaster.

Hope your lives return to normal as soon as possible.

Take care!

live4ramin and laram0 like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Having just gotten power restored after three days and living in the middle of this horror show on the Jersey Shore that Hurricane Sandy brought, I realized just how insignificant football is in the grand scheme of things. Suddenly made a 45-7 loss not really important. I'm sure after the bye week and things settle down around here it may be a bit different, but this event was an eye opener for sure.

Some random thoughts:

Dez- I feel your pain. Went to a 48-3 loss vs. the Jets the year Haslett took over in mid-season. I've been to six away Rams games in a row- all losses. Sometimes I wonder why bother.

The Rams are shopping Steve Smith? If they're lucky, they MIGHT get a bag of footballs for him.

This Steven Jackson trade talk is crazy. When was the last time a bonafide star- even if he is past his prime- got traded midseason in football? This isn't baseball, where that happens frequently.

Time to get back to good football. No excuse to come out of this bye and not fight SF tooth and nail. Pride alone after last week's fiasco should prevent that from happening. Plus, it appears Amendola and Saffold might be back.

The second season starts Nov. 11th.
    Good to hear you've made it through that terrible storm. Whenever I see that hurricane, tornado and snowstorm weather hit, I'm glad I'm in earthquake country instead of that stuff.

Anyway, good to hear you're okay.
    laram0 likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

macrammer is offline Registered User

Hi Frank,

Glad to hear you guys are ok? That was some storm huh? Thanks for the perspective but having lost my lovely earlier this year at age 53, I get it. Football (sports in general) are enjoyable but certainly not the end all be all. Take care and glad to hear from you.

Mike
    laram0 likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

You're absolutely spot on about perspective NJ. Dealing with sports is easy, dealing with life is tough. Glad to hear you made it through Sandy and that you've got your power back. Sounds like there are alot of people who aren't as fortunate. I wish you all the best as you get your life baxck to normal.
    laram0 likes this.