Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Peter King on the Rams

3. I think the Rams are down about as low as a team can go. Just think: A team with Marc Bulger playing quarterback is touchdown-less in four road games, having been outscored 114-19. You know what that tells me? How important a good offensive line is. The Rams' line is one of the worst in recent NFL history. Maybe in all of NFL history.
    From his Monday Morning QB article.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Peter King on the Rams

Nice to know we are in any way conncected, to anything "worst in history".

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Um... I think David Carr would assert that his O line in Houston was worse... that is, if he could remember what happened to him those first couple of years. I'm sure its a bit hazy at this point.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Well...uhh, I don't even know what to say. The line is probably one of the worst of all time. With that in mind, it all comes down to the conditioning of the team and it seems like we can't afford many losses to any players because not only are our 2nd string players not very reliable but the depth is also a concern. We just simply don't have enough players for the positions we need, good players for that matter. Why we got rid of Timmerman is still beyond me, and why we keep signing TEs to our roster is also mind-boggling. Again, Linehan needs to make his own luck with at least showing he can make some good decisions however he just doesn't...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Um... I think David Carr would assert that his O line in Houston was worse... that is, if he could remember what happened to him those first couple of years. I'm sure its a bit hazy at this point.
    Not that it's a cause-effect per se, but both of those lines contained Milford Brown.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Not that it's a cause-effect per se, but both of those lines contained Milford Brown.
    He sure is awful...

general counsel is online now Registered User

I dont think that there was much wrong with our depth going into the season. People keep forgetting that steussie was a CRITICAL reserve who was lost for the season in the last pre season game. McCollum is fine as a backup. However, you cant have ALL the backups playing at the same time and think that you are going to be very good or any good at all.

For the millionth time, there is NO TEAM IN THE NFL that would be competitive with the injuries we have had.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I dont think that there was much wrong with our depth going into the season. People keep forgetting that steussie was a CRITICAL reserve who was lost for the season in the last pre season game. McCollum is fine as a backup. However, you cant have ALL the backups playing at the same time and think that you are going to be very good or any good at all.

For the millionth time, there is NO TEAM IN THE NFL that would be competitive with the injuries we have had.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I completely dis-agree, the Ravens are missing just as many starters and they still stay competitive. They dont have Mcnair,3 starting o-lineman,and Heap and his backup Wilcox. I dont buy it, I can handle losing games because of injury but it's how bad we are losing now that is scary. If the Ravens can stay competitive with Kyle Boller at the healm why cant we? Coaching, anyone, anyone?
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I completely dis-agree, the Ravens are missing just as many starters and they still stay competitive. They dont have Mcnair,3 starting o-lineman,and Heap and his backup Wilcox. I dont buy it, I can handle losing games because of injury but it's how bad we are losing now that is scary. If the Ravens can stay competitive with Kyle Boller at the healm why cant we? Coaching, anyone, anyone?
    Those are fair points, but the Ravens still have a dominant defense which is what they are built around, so they don't need much on offense. The Rams are the opposite. If the Ravens had times where 7 starters were out on defense, that comparison would be valid. As far as being competitive, they just got punked by Buffalo.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

As of the start of last game, we had Barron, Incognito, and Romberg playing (3/5 of our day 1 starting line) and the line was still atrocious.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    As of the start of last game, we had Barron, Incognito, and Romberg playing (3/5 of our day 1 starting line) and the line was still atrocious.
    And the line is going to continue being atrocious until there is some stability and continuity. So far that has not even been close to happening. We'll have yet ANOTHER different starting unit against the Browns.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I have to disagree. Sunday's line (Barron, McCollum, Romberg, Incognito, Brown) is only 1/5th the same as day 1 (Pace, Setterstrom, Romberg, Brown, Barron) with Romberg, who is not out for an extended period, being the only consistent piece.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

keith m. klink Guest

tell ya what guy's , here is an o-line for our next game , and we would win . BARRON - T , McCOLLUM - G , ROMBERG C , INCOGNITO -RG , TIMMERMAN -RG , FRYE - RG/SUB , ARRON WALKER - TE . and as you can see , the whole right side of the line is GAURDS and a TE . and then just run JACKSON and LEONARD 65 times up the middle and sweep right all fricken day, NO interceptions , NO sacks , NO tipped balls or dropped passes , AND NO TERRELL . at 0-7 , you guy;s should be pretty much up for anything that isn't linehan's idea . but i think that you guy's would be too chicken to try it .

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    And the line is going to continue being atrocious until there is some stability and continuity. So far that has not even been close to happening. We'll have yet ANOTHER different starting unit against the Browns.

Stability and continuity. Very necessary elements of which we have been sorely deprived as a result of all the injuries and consequential changes (obviously). Oftentimes the word "cohesiveness" is used as one of the attributes to gauge a good OL. Forget that!

And you're right, Mike: it will be a different unit yet again Vs. Browns!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Those are fair points, but the Ravens still have a dominant defense which is what they are built around, so they don't need much on offense. The Rams are the opposite. If the Ravens had times where 7 starters were out on defense, that comparison would be valid. As far as being competitive, they just got punked by Buffalo.
    Agreed, the Ravens don't look good and don't look very competitive. I saw the Ravens injury point made a week or two ago (maybe by rammiser?) so I looked and we still had more players out then.

The fact is our injuries are a big cause of our downfall. That's not saying that they are the only reason, but they are a big reason. Playcalling, coaching etc fit into the puzzle also, but you can't just discount the injuries or compare us to another team because there is no comparison.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast