Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,180
    Rep Power
    43

    Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    This video is to keep the NFL players playing this upcoming year. You can go to the website and sign the petition and keep the NFL going!



    I really hope we have a season next year because our team is looking better and better. With a solid offseason here I really feel like we can make a good run in the playoffs.

    LETS DO IT GUYS!! GOOO RAMS!!!!!!


  2. #2
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,663
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    If they want to play, they should work their asses off to get a deal done. Simple as that. They're the ones that started the talk of not playing.

    Also, the owners should work equally hard, to be clear. I don't want to hear complaining from either side if they manage to not have a season, it will have been their own doing.

  3. #3
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,180
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    If they want to play, they should work their asses off to get a deal done. Simple as that. They're the ones that started the talk of not playing.

    Also, the owners should work equally hard, to be clear. I don't want to hear complaining from either side if they manage to not have a season, it will have been their own doing.
    You're right BW, sucks that the fans have to suffer. Our team was really gonna be on the rise too. In my mind, this has to be done...I don't care how, just finish the damn deal.

  4. #4
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,663
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    I think if Goodell fails to bring everyone together and get something done, he is a failure as a Commissioner, no matter what else he may or may not have achieved. Someone new will have to be brought in. I still have fairly high hopes that the owners aren't stupid enough to let a lockout/strike happen, because it has *never* been good for a sport. Just look at how long it took MLB to build up again, and the NHL is still trying to recover.

  5. #5
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,294
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    If I were a political cartoonist, I would envision two hulking thug characters on either side of a golden goose. The thugs would be labeled "Owners" and "Union". The goose would be labeled "NFL". And each thug, with a hand on the neck of the goose, would be saying the exact same thing: "Do what I say, or I'll cut its throat. I'll do it!"
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #6
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,180
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I think if Goodell fails to bring everyone together and get something done, he is a failure as a Commissioner, no matter what else he may or may not have achieved. Someone new will have to be brought in. I still have fairly high hopes that the owners aren't stupid enough to let a lockout/strike happen, because it has *never* been good for a sport. Just look at how long it took MLB to build up again, and the NHL is still trying to recover.
    I've never liked Goodell personally. If a lockout were to happen I would not be opposed to bringing in a new Commissioner.

    A lot of the new rules I don't like either. The OT rules I hate. Nothing I can do about it I guess and owners liked it, but just play the game is was meant to be played.

    The continuous fines and all the head to head contact is getting out of control. Soon we will be watching flag football on T.V.

    And AN 18 GAME SEASON?! You kidding me? C'mon....I know you're all in it for the money because its a business but damn...

  7. #7
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    If I were a political cartoonist, I would envision two hulking thug characters on either side of a golden goose. The thugs would be labeled "Owners" and "Union". The goose would be labeled "NFL". And each thug, with a hand on the neck of the goose, would be saying the exact same thing: "Do what I say, or I'll cut its throat. I'll do it!"


    you mean like this?

  8. #8
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,294
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    very similar, yes.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  9. #9
    Bosna-Ram's Avatar
    Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    34
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    Let us watch!!! What about the fans? Lower you ticket prices NFL.

  10. #10
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    they won't have to lower the prices if there is no NFL next season.

  11. #11
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosna-Ram View Post
    Let us watch!!! What about the fans? Lower you ticket prices NFL.
    Sad part is I read I think it was on stl post dispatch that they are thinking about raising ticket prices at the EJD.

  12. #12
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Petition! LET THEM PLAY!

    I can't imagine there won't be a season, my only concern is getting our team into practice to learn this new offense!

Similar Threads

  1. Jet vs Rams: Play by play on the internet?
    By supachump in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -08-14-2009, 06:04 PM
  2. Will to play OLB
    By tdog08 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: -03-23-2009, 11:46 PM
  3. Rams players draft petition to keep Haslett
    By NJ Ramsfan1 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -12-28-2008, 11:01 PM
  4. Preseason: To play or not to play?
    By laram0 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
  5. Petition to the Fans in the Dome
    By djccon in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-21-2002, 09:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •