throwback week

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: pettis can play

general counsel is offline Registered User

pettis can play

Pettis is improving every week. I think he has a place on the team in the future. You can just see him gaining confidence out there. He is elusive and he has done a good job holding onto the ball of late.

Brandon Lloyd, Blackmun, Salas, Amendola, Pettis. Nice basis for a group of wide receivers, especially if by some miracle DX can get and stay healthy.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    MauiRam and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: pettis can play

Pettis definatily has improved, i will give him that.

i wouldnt mind that line up, but whos our 6th or 7th wr(i dont ask whod be the last place wr, cause Clayton could be a #3 along with DX and Gibby, just wondering who you have else staying)? That leaves Clayton, Curry, Gibson and DX. i think CLayton and DX stays, with Curry possibly edging one of them out cause of ST. theres gonna be some hard decisions for the FO this offseason, but i dont think many will be too suprising.

p.s. God i want Blackmon, and if somehow we get Jeffery instead, id still be happy.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I agree with this. Salas was improving until he got hurt. And as you say, Pettis is getting better. I do not think these guys will be the next incarnation of Avery and Burton. The Rams have the framework of a deep receiving corps, and if they were all healthy, I think there'd be a lot less clammoring for that "game breaker" people want. The acquisition of Lloyd was big; now we must re-sign him.

I do not think we can ever count on DX as being anything more than an occasional contributor. He is simply too fragile with his troublesome knees to ever be counted on to play a full schedule. It's a shame.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Hopefully whoever did that 2 part youtube of the game last week can do it again for us that missed most of it....

rep points if ya can !!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good to hear, good to know this about Pettis. Thanks.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

He seems like he can make plays and has shown good hands.I want to see more seperation from him though. At this point seperation is a problem for all our wideouts apart from Lloyd.

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

What I like about Pettis can be summed up in three letters. Y.A.C.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

With every week it seems the game is slowing down for him and he is improving.He is bound to break 1 of these punts mark my words i can feel he he has great moves just needs to be a little more decisive and hit the whole faster.I think him and Salas are our future 3/4 and with a full offseason i can see them really contributing next season.Next year if i had a choice i would draft blackmon or alshon,then our 1/2/3/4 would look like this.Brandon Lloyd/Justin or Alshon/Salas&Pettis/Clayton&DX,honestly i love Danny but i think he might be expendable honestly to make way for the young bucks.We seen what danny can do any honestly he has very little homerun threat but pettis and salas i think have the capability to take it the distance any given play specially pettis.And i hate Gibby and Curry doesnt belong playing WR lol.Just my opinion take it how u will

Rambos is offline Registered User

I agree Pettis is coming around and Salas did more then improve he established himself as a nice WR that can get YAC yards.

This is what I know for sure next year, we have to sign Lloyd and Amendola. Not sure who the other number two outside weapon will be. Lloyd will not be cheap and Danny needs to be paid going to be interesting. Maybe that's why the Rams are looking at the back up O line men, we need to find some cash to pay these two for sure.

These four alone next year day one will be a huge upgrade IMO.

Lloyd
    Amendola
    Salas
    Pettis