ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

PFT Week Six power rankings

Week Six power rankings
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2010 8:47 AM ET
    Week Six is in the books. Which means that it's time to rank the 32 teams regardless of division and conference lines.

Though it's all meaningless, you'll read them. And you'll react to them.

Perhaps loudly.

Have at it.

1. New York Jets (No. 1 last week; 5-1): Winning at Denver isn't easy, especially when the Broncos are wearing those nausea-inducing orange jerseys.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 3; 4-1): Some think the Steelers are the best team in the league. If they were, the Steelers would have commemorated Big Ben's return with something better than an 18-point win over an overmatched Cleveland team with a rookie quarterback.

3. New England Patriots (No. 5; 4-1): We prefer that Tom Brady confine his trash talk to comments on grooming.

4. New Orleans Saints (No. 7; 4-2): The Saints are starting to look a little bit like the team they were last year.

5. Indianapolis Colts (No. 6; 4-2): Every team should be so lucky to have a quarterback with whom Father Time is catching up.

6. Baltimore Ravens (No. 3; 4-2): This team will be a force to be reckoned with come January. Again.

7. Philadelphia Eagles (No. 15; 4-2): Maybe Andy Reid should use Mike Vick for one series and Kevin Kolb for the next.

8. Tennessee Titans (No. 9; 4-2): At a time when few teams have two competent quarterbacks, the Titans are lucky to be in the minority.

9. New York Giants (No. 11; 4-2): Cue the "how will the NFL manage to play two conference title games in the same stadium?" crowd.

10. Atlanta Falcons (No. 4; 4-2): The Falcons haven't won in Pennsylvania since 1988, including 0-2 so far this year.

11. Houston Texans (No. 13; 4-2): Andre Johnson's ability to get away with pass interference may have saved this team's season.

12. Chicago Bears (No. 8; 4-2): And here are the Bears we expected to see this year.

13. Miami Dolphins (No. 16; 3-2): Maybe the Dolphins should offer to play all their games on the road.

14. Green Bay Packers (No. 10; 3-3): It's fitting, we suppose, that on the same weekend the Packers welcome back to Lambeau Field a receiver who pretended to show them his ass, they'll also be seeing a quarterback who allegedly showed someone something else.

15. Minnesota Vikings (No. 19; 2-3): The Vikings will need much more than 188 yards of offense if they hope to keep winning.

16. Kansas City Chiefs (No. 12; 3-2): The Chiefs may have learned much more in two losses than they did in three wins.

17. St. Louis Rams (No. 23; 3-3): If Sam Bradford stays healthy, the Rams could rule this division for the next five years or longer.

18. Seattle Seahawks (No. 24; 3-2): With two games in four weeks against the Cardinals, a changing of the guard could be coming in the NFC West.

19. Washington Redskins (No. 14; 3-3): On the Redskins' final scoring drive, Donovan McNabb played with a Super Bowl sense of urgency. For most other quarterbacks, that's a good thing.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 17; 3-2): The hot seat warmly welcomes back Jack Del Rio.
    21. Arizona Cardinals (No. 21; 3-2): The ultimate test of a team's relevance? When on a bye, does anyone notice?

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 18; 3-2): It's good for this team to periodically be reminded just how far it still has to go.

23. Denver Broncos (No. 22; 2-3): The Broncos blew a prime opportunity to beat an elite team on a day the rest of the division stumbled.

24. Dallas Cowboys (No. 20; 1-4): With all the great teams at the top of the AFC, maybe Cowboys owner Jerry Jones doesn't really want to play in the Super Bowl he'll host.

25. Cincinnati Bengals (No. 26; 2-3): See Arizona.

26. San Francisco ***** (No. 30; 1-5): The presence of nine men during a field goal try wasn't a mistake.The goal was to make the Raiders laugh so hard that they wouldn't be able to block it.

27. San Diego Chargers (No. 25; 2-4): With the Patriots coming to town and Antonio Gates in a walking boot, Norv Turner could be inching toward getting the shoe.

28. Detroit Lions (No. 28; 1-5): And yet another one-game winning streak snaps for the Lions.

29. Oakland Raiders (No. 27; 2-4): Adam Schefter's report regarding the Raiders' willingness to trade anyone on the team technically was incorrect. He left out the fact that they're also willing to trade their coach.

30. Cleveland Browns (No. 29; 1-5): With a trip to New Orleans next on the agenda, the Browns could crawl into their bye week at 1-6. Which could persuade Mike Holmgren to run Eric Mangini out of the building.

31. Carolina Panthers (No. 31; 0-5): The crappy quarterback carousel continues, with perhaps the best chance of avoiding 0-16 coming this weekend against the *****.

32. Buffalo Bills (No. 32; 0-5): With a late break or two, "bye" actually could have beaten the Bills.
    Almost enough to make one feel warm and fuzzy while at the same time having greater expectations >8)

RnD

GO RAMS!!

locazn is offline Registered User

Re: PFT Week Six power rankings

Awesome!! We are finally getting some respect! Wow we are actually passed the 20s in the rankings! The future is very bright...Time to start climbing further up the charts ! Go RAMS!!!

Rich86 is offline Registered User

meh its still a backhanded compliment with this healthy bs. the same thing could be said about 31 other qbs. 2 fluke injuries in 2 games does not make you frail...dude has been getting smacked around this season three times as hard and just dusts it off.

richtree is offline Registered User

I don't think any cares about power rankings. It's nice to not be the worst, but I have higher expectations. I am mad about two early loses to Cards and Oakland and see a tough stretch of games after the bye. SF, Atl, Den, AZ, NO, SF, Seattle

I care about going .500 or better though that schduele.

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

I've talked about this on another thread, but the author mentioned the Seahawks having 2 games coming up against Az. Furthermore, they have a real favorable schedule moving forward. At 3-2, they have a legit shot at 10-6 (this is more indicative of their ridiculous schedule than the quality of their team).

This is why we MUST win these "coin-toss" games like the one this week in TB...we've got to keep pace with the Squawks.

GO RAMS!!!!!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Wow Mike Florio actually showing the Rams some respect.

I thought I saw a pig fly past my window this morning.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

funny every power ranking other than this one shows us below the pack of 3-2 and 3-3 teams. (highest ranking of 21) I would give it a few more weeks. Hopefully with a road win at TB we can climb respectably above some of those declining 3-2 teams like KC, Jax, and TB.

At any rate, beats being at the bottom of the barrel!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The key here in my mind is that we are the highest ranked team from the NFC WEST!!!!!! BOOYAH!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Nevermind.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Nevermind.
    Okay.

I, also, remember what Thumper's mommy told him.....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    remember what Thumper's mommy told him.....
    what did she tell him?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The key here in my mind is that we are the highest ranked team from the NFC WEST!!!!!! BOOYAH!
    There is only one of many power rankings that have us higher than any team of the NFC West. As for all others they have the Tards much higher, and Squawks a position or two higher.

Too early yet I can't wait until we win next week, and I am guaranteeing a win, to see where we rank. I have a confidence in this team that I haven't had since GSOT days. Bring it!

GO RAMS!!!

yeah that's right I'm going zorro on this one!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    what did she tell him?

Thumper shuffled his feet, shyly, and repeated his Mother's sage words to Bambi, "If you can't say nuthin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all"....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Thumper shuffled his feet, shyly, and repeated his Mother's sage words to Bambi, "If you can't say nuthin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all"....

now I know!

Go Rams!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That looks just about right to me. We beat the Redskins handily, so we should be above them; but I don't know how we would fare against the Vikings or Packers. I also agree with the text there.

Samurai Mike's team is a paper tiger.

Kurt and Anquan took the Cardinals' hope of contention with them when they left.

Before the Seahawks have a team that can go deep into the playoffs, they're probably going to need a new quarterback, a genuine starter at runningback, some receivers, and to figure out how they can be ranked 29th in total passing yards allowed despite having played one less game than most of the rest of the league.