MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

PFW Whispers ...

• Chargers RB Darren Sproles remains the most frequently mentioned free-agent possibility in St. Louis as a change-of-pace backup to Rams RB Steven Jackson. But another attractive option generating some behind-the-scenes buzz at Rams Park is Cadillac Williams, who took on a new role this past season in Tampa Bay as an effective backup behind LeGarrette Blount. "Cadillac would be a perfect fit behind Jackson," one team insider said. "I hear he had no problem accepting a part-time role in Tampa. The one thing you have to wonder about, though, is whether the Bucs would really be willing to let a guy like that leave."

• While the Rams appear genuinely excited about the potential of second-round TE Lance Kendricks, we hear there is some concern about his durability, as nagging injuries tended to limit his practice time at Wisconsin ..

Any love for the Cadillac here? I'd rather have Sproles, but it probably will come down to money. Just out of curiosity, if it came down to a choice between Darren Sproles, or Barry Cofield, which of the two would represent more value for the Rams .. Cofield would likely get more snaps, but Sproles can be electric ... Thoughts ??

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFW Whispers ...

I don't buy that any of those comments came from anyone who is a true "insider." In fact, from what I've seen, PFW considers beat local beat writers to be "insiders."

I'd vote NO on Cadillac, by the way, and I'd also take Cofield over Sproles.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't buy that any of those comments came from anyone who is a true "insider." In fact, from what I've seen, PFW considers beat local beat writers to be "insiders."

I'd vote NO on Cadillac, by the way, and I'd also take Cofield over Sproles.
    NFL "team insider" definition: An individual commenting on a team while situated indoors.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=MauiRam;386292]
    • While the Rams appear genuinely excited about the potential of second-round TE Lance Kendricks, we hear there is some concern about his durability, as nagging injuries tended to limit his practice time at Wisconsin ..
    [Quote]

...sigh.... no comment....:disapointed:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=RAMarkable;386304][QUOTE=MauiRam;386292]

...sigh.... no comment....:disapointed:
    Kendricks didn't miss a single game in his last two years at Wisconsin.

SLSG Guest

No to Caddy, yes to Sproles

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I'll take DT Colfield or Gaurds Blalock or Joseph.
    The Rams can sign a RB that is a camp casulity and bring him in at a reduced rate. I would rather have the O'Line and D'Lines beefed up than a back up RB.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I'll take DT Colfield or Gaurds Blalock or Joseph.
    The Rams can sign a RB that is a camp casulity and bring him in at a reduced rate. I would rather have the O'Line and D'Lines beefed up than a back up RB.
    Agreed Shan, We need a decent guard for Goldberg then fill in the other spots with lesser known players.
    I do like Sproles but doubt the Rams splash big money on a 3rd down change of pace back when that same money can be used more wisely on the more important lines.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I like Sproles over Cadillac. Sproles is also an excellent special teams player.