View Poll Results: Who Will Be The Rams Opening Day WRs?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Amendola

94 96.91%
  • Donnie Avery

79 81.44%
  • Mike Sims-Walker

92 94.85%
  • Greg Salas

80 82.47%
  • Austin Pettis

87 89.69%
  • Mardy Gilyard

13 13.40%
  • Mark Clayton

18 18.56%
  • Brandon Gibson

44 45.36%
  • Danario Alexander

78 80.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pick Six: Your Opening Day WRs!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Pick Six: Your Opening Day WRs!

Wheres the Joe West or Greg Matthews options??

DX (Kman look up his stats he runs a pretty quick 40 and has at least a 41 in vert we need to play this guy)

Salas (heard he gave bartell a ankle sprain so I want to see his route running in action)

Pettis (heard he has caught pretty much every ball since he put on horns kinda sounds like number 80 to me)

Avery (We can not give up on him yet but I would think this would be his last shot)

MSW (I have been trying to do the choppa city juke but it is humanly impossible lol so I guess I will just have to watch MSW do it)

Danny (The leading receiver last year deserves a job but if gilyard can step it up he might work his way in this spot)

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

In no particular order.

Amendola
    Avery
    Walker
    Salas
    Pettis
    Alexander

Here's the big IF. If Clayton is healthy and we resign him, someone from my list has to go. Who will it be? I really don't know.

kman is offline Registered User

sjacksonrules...was that 40 time pre or post shattering his knee? and either way 40 times arent the end all, be all for speed...theres a big differnce between game speed and running a 40 with track spikes and no pads..he seemd to not have much game speed to me...

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Danny Amendola - But of course. Plus, reports from camp indicate that he's making everyone look like they're Pop Warner players.

Donny Avery - Soooo fast. I'm really excited to see what he can do in this offense.

Danario Alexander - Incredibly gifted. We'd be stupid not to give him a chance to show his skills in our new offense.

Austin Pettis - Is this guy capable of dropping a pass? Plus, I hear he's been a bit feisty at practice. I'd love to see him fight Nhamdi for a fade against the Eagles.

Greg Salas - Everything I've heard thus far has indicated excellent routes and body control, two very important qualities in a reliable WR. I'm expecting a good preseason out of him.

Mike Sims-Walker - His first play with the first-team offense was a 50 yard TD. He brings the total package, and I'd love to see him develop into our #1.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    sjacksonrules...was that 40 time pre or post shattering his knee? and either way 40 times arent the end all, be all for speed...theres a big differnce between game speed and running a 40 with track spikes and no pads..he seemd to not have much game speed to me...
    You stated in your first post that the majority of his yards came on 1 or 2 plays. Doesn't that involve going deep like he did? And doesn't beating someone deep involve speed?

Anyways, I love DX. With his talent and potential there is no way we let him go. The games that he did play in he clearly had an impact. CLEARLY!! If you can't see it you must be blind. DX if healthy, is the clear cut #1 of this group no questions asked.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Sosa, DX is talented, but he's too raw to be considered a true #1 just yet.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Sosa, DX is talented, but he's too raw to be considered a true #1 just yet.
    I agree, but compared to the WR's we have now, I dont see how DX's talent holds him back. On our team he is the most talented WR. I'd like to think he and MSW would be on the outsides with Amendola in the slot. The only reason he didn't start every game and play every down last year was because of his knee. This year if hes good to go, I can't see why we'd hold him back.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

For me:

Danario
    Gibson
    Amendola
    Sims-Walker
    ^ No Particular Order, just those 4.

And 2 out of: Salas, Pettis, Avery. Whoever makes it out of camp and preseason best.

I am one of those that is still a big fan of Brandon Gibson

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Gilyard is out for sure. And as much as it hurts to say. It seems Mark Clayton reign has come to an end in STL

richtree is offline Registered User

I thought that since we weren't carrying a fullback -- McD's will take a 7th WR

DX is our clear #1?? noo way...I specifically remeber the one big play he had...He made a nice fake move and then just outmuscled his defender about 40 yards downfiled...hell, i can get down the field too for 30-40 yards, doesnt make me a burner.....
    trust me, i wouldnt mind having him on the roster, but if they only take 6 guys...IMO MSW, Avery, Amendol, Pettis ,Salas are ahead of him...hes going to be fighting for that 6th spot with Gibson and Gilyard..
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

and im not blind..."CLEARLY" he had an impact in every game he was in??? really??

wk 7 vs. TB.. 1 catch for 7 yds
    wk 13 vs. ARZ 2 catches 20 yds
    and the biggest game of season vs. SEA 3 catches 14 yds...
    he had 3 solid games and 3 stinkers...actually it said he played in 8 games so you can say 5 stinkers bc that means he got no catches in the other 2...
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Gibson may be a surprise, but I just don't like him Seems like he could be a Brandon Lloyd prototype. Boy I love having the knowledge that McD took an underachiever like Lloyd and turned him into a weapon DC's feared.[/QUOTE]

The thing about Lloyd is he's always had great hands and a flair for the spectacular catch. I don't see that with Gibson.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    While I voted for Avery to make the team, I wouldn't be shocked if we traded/cut him by the end of camp. I've always liked him, and believes he has much better hands than given credit for, but it doesn't seem like small speedsters like Eddie Royal and Bethel Johnson produced much in McDaniel's system.

Good to see Danny Boy is in the lead, I guess it is just a noisy minority that still doubt him because he is "short" and "can't stretch the field", no matter his production on the field.

Gibson may be a surprise, but I just don't like him Seems like he could be a Brandon Lloyd prototype. Boy I love having the knowledge that McD took an underachiever like Lloyd and turned him into a weapon DC's feared.
    The thing about Lloyd is he's always had great hands and a flair for the spectacular catch. I don't see that with Gibson.

By the way disregard my previous post, got the Quote/Reply thing mixed up.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

MSW
    Avery
    Gibson
    Salas
    Pettis
    Gilyard

I think someone is getting moved and I think the player with the most value (and least unrealized upside) at this point is Amendola. Pettis and Salas can do the job there. Also, I can imagine Kendricks in the slot some. If the team doesn't keep a FB, instead of a 7th WR, I can imagine another TE because of Kendricks flexibility. (was he a gymnist?) :-) This will mean Gilyard gets a shot.

I also think DX gets PS'd <if he's eligible> or IR'd <mysterious injury of some sort> before camp closes.

And.....Mark Clayton is in the wings just in case.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -08-05-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: organizing my thoughts
    Semper Fi!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast