View Poll Results: Who Will Be The Rams Opening Day WRs?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Amendola

94 96.91%
  • Donnie Avery

79 81.44%
  • Mike Sims-Walker

92 94.85%
  • Greg Salas

80 82.47%
  • Austin Pettis

87 89.69%
  • Mardy Gilyard

13 13.40%
  • Mark Clayton

18 18.56%
  • Brandon Gibson

44 45.36%
  • Danario Alexander

78 80.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pick Six: Your Opening Day WRs!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Pick Six: Your Opening Day WRs!

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    and im not blind..."CLEARLY" he had an impact in every game he was in??? really??

wk 7 vs. TB.. 1 catch for 7 yds
    wk 13 vs. ARZ 2 catches 20 yds
    and the biggest game of season vs. SEA 3 catches 14 yds...
    he had 3 solid games and 3 stinkers...actually it said he played in 8 games so you can say 5 stinkers bc that means he got no catches in the other 2...
    Well I am not too sure where you got your stats from, but here is what I got.

Week 6 vs. SD : 4 catches, 72 yards, 1 touchdown...he was the reason we won that with that long 42 yard TD from Bradford.

Week 7 vs TB : 1 catch, 6 yards.

Week 12 vs Den : 4 catches, 95 yards. Huge impact with that long reception of 45 yards.

Week 13 vs Ari : 2 catches, 20 yards.

Week 16 vs SF : 6 catches, 99 yards. Another huge reception of 46 yards.

Week 17 vs Sea : 3 catches, 14 yards.

All season : 20 receptions, 306 yards, 15.3 average, 1 touchdown. Some seem to think that we lack a deep threat, and clearly when given the chance, DX stepped up and provided that. Thanks for offering your false stats.

kman is offline Registered User

I respectfully disagree about Amnedola..if anything hes the safest bet to be on the team..he had 85 catches last year..hes a proven player, valuble return guy, and hes not even getting paid that much...hes a slam dunk..hes the Wes welker of this offense and it sounds liek McDaniels loves him...Avery was our #1 guy up until he had the knee injury..hes our fastest guy..hes making the team..DX is not practice squad eligble...MSW is close to a sure thing, Pettis and Salas are high draft picks, not getting cut..so to me comes down to DX, Gibson, and Gilyard..a month ago id say DX easily of the three, but it sounds like Gibson and Gilyard are doing really well..havent heard much form DX at training camp..
    Im not DX bashing, but I just dont get why everyone thinks hes such a lock...theres a reaqson why no one drafted him, and got minimal interest as an UDFA...his knee is a BiG issue, and hes just not as expolsive as he was pre-injury...
    Fargo Ram Fan and ManofGod like this.

false stats??? I said he had 3 good games, and 3 stinkers, and i listed the 3 stinkers, which were the same you listed..my stats are correct, i just didnt list all the games he was in, becuase my main point was "CLEARLY" he was NOT a factor in EVERY game he was in like you claimed..
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

but thanks for mentioning the specifics of the good games he had...3 plays of 40+ yards= half of his total yardage for the year...he had 3 big plays all year, which accounted for the bulk of his stats..

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Durability issues, speed issues, hands issues, experience issues, playbook smarts issues, versatility issues, Sam synergy issues, MCD offense compatibility issues.....whew...a Rams WR meeting has more issues than a Best(Worst?) of Maury Povich compilation DVD.

My list shuffles significantly depending on the issue considered, especially since they've only had one freakin' day of practice with all the guys on the field, never mind a game.

The guessing is fun & can be informative and thought-provoking, for sure, but if someone is crowing in a month's time that they had the correct list this early, I may well need surgery and/or medication to stop my eyes from rolling wildly in my head.

but thanks for mentioning the specifics of the good games he had...3 plays of 40+ yards= half of his total yardage for the year...he had 3 big plays all year, which accounted for the bulk of his stats..
    That is the point. We want a deep threat. Does anyone complain that DeSean Jackson's yards come from 80 yard heaves? No, and with good reason. Its not like DX cant catch the ball 10 times a game, we just didn't want to take many chances last year.

Last year DX was injured and recovering. Did you expect him to catch 10 passes a game? No. Just wait till he has the offseason to train and recover, and then we will make a judgement. With rarely anytime to practice and rarely anytime to recover, he put up some terrific plays.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

It's hard to make a solid list before we see what happens in the preseason, but these would be my 6:

DX
    Amendola
    Avery
    Pettis
    Salas
    Sims-Walker

As much as I love DX and Avery, with their injury histories, I'm going to hold my breath and hope they stay healthy. I'd add Gibson as a 7th receiver just in case. I'd keep Clayton in the picture as well.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I think either Gibson, Avery or Alexander will be our #2. whoever isn't will be cut imo. None of three are slot receivers, Alexander needs to stay healthy and Gibson and Avery have limited potential imo(yes Averys fast but he's not a good route runner and the staff already doesn't love him)
    Why would you cut a guy who was vying for the #2 spot? Surely they would be better as depth than on another team. #2 or cut makes no sense to me.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Sims-Walker
    Amendola
    Avery
    Pettis
    Salas
    DX

Now i honestly have no clue who will come out to be the #1 many might think Danny but theres alot more talent on this roster than last year.
    As much as i respect Gibson and his workhorse mentality, i just think he tapped out his potential last year. IMO he just isnt gifted enough to be great. All the other wide-outs have much more potential.
    As unproven as these men are i think they complement each other pefectly. We have size and speed with MSW and DX. Blazing speed with Avery. Great hands and route running with Danny, Pettis, and Salas.

IMO tho only locks already are MSW, because hes just too talented, and Amendola. Him and Bradford just have to good of a chemistry together already and it wouldnt be wise to break that with a young QB.
    ManofGod likes this.

heres a nice clip of DX in the biggest game of the year last year..

‪Danario Alexander Dropped Pass That Cost St. Louis Rams a Playoff Birth‬‏ - YouTube

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I thought that since we weren't carrying a fullback -- McD's will take a 7th WR
    I would think probably not. When you're looking at those last roster spots, you need guys who are going to contribute in multiple ways. You can't fill your whole special teams unit with receivers who can't tackle.

‪Danario Alexander Dropped Pass That Cost St. Louis Rams a Playoff Birth‬‏ - YouTube
    Very disheartening to watch again, but dont worry, we didn't lose the season because of that one play.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

unless they get injured or completely suck in training camp these 5 are guarantees:
    Amendola
    Avery
    Sims-Walker
    Salas
    Pettis

We drafted them so pettis and salas will be given a shot. We just signed Sims-walker unless he sux he will be there opening day. Amendola and and avery will be back given previous production (avery 5TDs in 2009 with the Qbs we had)

Clayton is not 100%. Gilyard has done absolutely nothing. It will be a battle of DX vs. Gibby. I believe Gibby is more consistent than DX. But the one that loses will be on the practice squad

JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User

Thats actually a tougher catch than many people make it seem to be, Heartbreaking still, but DX is arguably the WR with the most potential on our roster, the guy is right around 6ft 4 215lbs, 4.46 forty, and a 41 inch vertical, all just months after knee surgery. I dont see how we could let him go at this point.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I had high hopes for Dx and thought he would be good this year. I went to camp one day this year and didn't see much out of him other then him being the first player to the toilet (within 15 minutes of being on the field). I have read several other threads from others that have been to camp. Most have not said much good about his camp so far.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast