ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Pickle shot at Rams....

Workout equipment in team weight room covered in laundry and mail
    The exercise bikes are draped with dress shirts and pants. The weight benches are stacked with boxes of old mail and magazines. And many of the barbells are being used as bookends, paper weights or to prop up broken furniture. The evidence is clear: the St. Louis Rams have not used their workout room in a while.
    “We always get this equipment with the intention of working really hard and getting in shape – the best shape of our lives, in fact,” said quarterback Marc Bulger. “But then we just get caught up in our busy day-to-day schedule and, well – you can see what happens.”
    Wide receiver Torry Holt says he definitely plans to use all of the exercise equipment soon.
    “We’d clean it all up and workout now, but we’re in the middle of the season. I wouldn’t want to get too sore and affect my play on the field, you know?” he said. “But, totally, once the new year comes around I’m going to workout. A lot. I say that every year, I know. But this year I really mean it.”
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark....

RnD

GO RAMS!!

sig51 Guest

Re: Pickle shot at Rams....

Man that's sad...

Big-Dave314 Guest

what a joke no wonder we suck

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Wait... hold on. The Rams, a professional football team doesn't use the effing weight room? The weight room is being used as a supply closet and junk storage? What the hell, man? Does the team not think it needs to work out, you know, to build muscle to actually do their jobs? If this is true, in that they don't use the weight room at all, I don't even know what I'll think. If they really don't workout, and I still find that hard to believe, no wonder our offensive line is crap. No wonder we have tons of injuries. That HAS to be made up...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I thought we had a beast strength coach, LeDuc. Surely this can't be true. No wonder half our team has been on IR. If true that is just sickening.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

I'd like to know where this supposed "quote" came from. I don't buy any of this.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark....
    What exactly is a "pickle shot"? Do you have a link for this "quote"? I guess I'll have to assume that this is a sarcastic attempt at humor ..

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, it sounds like a parody of what most people do with their home gyms. Kind of funny, though.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Hey guys..

Pickle shot means that it came from sportspickle.com.... we are not supposed to post links and I (silly me) thought the title of the thread would be sufficient clue...

For those who don't know Sports Pickle it is a sports humor and satire site similar to The Onion

>8)
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Hey guys..

Pickle shot means that it came from sportspickle.com.... we are not supposed to post links and I (silly me) thought the title of the thread would be sufficient clue...

For those who don't know Sports Pickle it is a sports humor and satire site similar to The Onion

>8)
    Thanks for clarifying that R&D! Never heard of the site, but I just checked it out now. Deninitely good for a giggle now and then ..

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

seriously are some of you guys really that gullible?? lol, the sports pickle is hilarious! and if anyone is really that clueless to take this thread seriously, then please talk to my girlfriend. i wish she was that gullible and naive lol

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT View Post
    seriously are some of you guys really that gullible?? lol, the sports pickle is hilarious! and if anyone is really that clueless to take this thread seriously, then please talk to my girlfriend. i wish she was that gullible and naive lol
    Sorry dude, i guess i was just searching for a reason why we are so bad. The Rams sure do look like they don't lift weights sometimes.

YodaRam Guest

Hey guys..

>8)
    WHeeeewww!.... Thanks for clearing that up RnD! The phrase "Pickle shot" can be taken in a couple of different ways. Some could have you arrested.

I suppose the thing that threw me off regarding the pickle shot was an actual .. well .. pickle shot. I have a good friend who lives on several acres in a rural area here on Maui who recently fabricated a "Spud Gun" for his young son. (for those of you who might covet such an apparatus I'll include this link: The Original Potato Cannon) When visiting one day not so long ago, my friend inquired as to whether or not I would like to see the potato cannon in action. I thought it a splendid idea at the time and agreed. Soon thereafter the air was reverberating with cannon shots (believe it or not, ignited hairspray is the propellant) and potatos were easily sailing over the length of a football field. The time passed quickly, and it was not long before their supply of squds was exhausted. A while later a wild rooster began crowing loudly perhaps 80 or so yards away from where we were standing on my friend's lanai, (think porch), My friend not being a fan of crowing roosters, asked his son to fetch a pickle from the refrigerator inside. The young lad soon reappeared with a medium sized pickle, which his father snapped in half inserting one half into the cannon .. I'd love to be able to say that the pickle scored a direct hit, but it didn't .. perhaps there was too much hairspray .. as the pickle apparently lacked the structural integrity found in a common spud and subsequently broke into smaller pieces -- kind of a shotgun effect with very little range. The rooster remained unscathed and lived to crow another day .. Sorry for rambling on so, but it was this experience that came to mind when a saw the title of this thread .. In closing I would like to say:

GO RAMS !!!!!!!!!