Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

With Pisa cut and Leonard traded are rams chasing a big time W.R.

With Pisa being released and the rams trading Brian Leonard I can not help but think that these moves are being done for salary cap reasons and depth of course with Harris being aquired. It makes me think although nobody is saying it. That the rams are trying to make some salary cap room to bring someone in. Who or what can it be...... Will it be a W.R, another L.B...... who do you guys think; let the speculation begin....

I know I would love to see a guy like Plaxico or even Marvin Harrisson. I know that Plaxico has had his issues, but it would be really exciting to see him wearing horns. What about Derrick Brooks as a L.B this is pure speculation I have no facts on any of this guys, this is all based on opinion.

Go Rams 09

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: With Pisa cut and Leonard traded are rams chasing a big time W.R.

After the first paragraph I was yelling Plaxico in my head. It's not going to happen, but he won me a fantasy football championship two years ago, I've been a fan of his ever since. It's highly doubtful that we bring him in, but it would be pretty cool if we did.

And for those "character concerns", it's not like he shot somebody...crap he dis shoot himself??? I know NY is a lot different than Southern Illinois, but you would be hard pressed to find someone in my town without a gun. Sure its probably a shotgun, but they serve the same purpose- ok not really but work with me. I guess its a matter of your beliefs, and thats not what this thread or this forum is about so lets not make this a discussion on gun control.

Plaxico would make our team A LOT better. I mean I already think we could win 8 games, but Plax could push us into serous playoff contention.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Except that Plax won't even be playing for probably 8 games at least this year. And that's IF he's not in jail. He's everything that our coach and GM have said they don't want.

Pass!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

none of the above for me..

think Plaxico wouldnt be in consideration before the shooting let alone after it...what part of the four pillars dont people understand?

Harrison is 36..how does that fit in with getting younger?

i do agree that it does seem to me like they preparing themselves to make a move on somebody tho...

I agree with you guys and I see that you are getting the point that this thread is all about opinion that something is stirring. I am so happy to see that some people get it. As for the players mentioned I was throwing some names out there. I do not think that it would be plaxico because of the four pillars and the caracter issues.

As for Marvin sorry i totally disagree this man still has a couple of years left why not sign him to a 1-3 year contract. I would prefer the one year personally, because he does not fit in with the rebuilding and getting younger trend that the rams are heading in. Billy D and Spags have said that they were and are looking for young players with alot of upside.

Which I believe that we can all agree that has been happening, but I still can not help but think that something is going to happen. I mean getting rid of Pisa totally does not make any sense if it was not for salary cap reasons. I think he is another scape goat for salary cap reasons. The way I see it is if you are not is salary cap trouble why would you not keep him for depth. With all of the unpredictables, such as injuries.....

shower beers is offline Registered User

I believe Harrison is contemplating retirement anyway...

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Even with these cuts I'm not sure how "Big Time" we can go but I will venture a guess it will be another RB. Not because Jackson isn't great or that Darby and Pittman won't do well but I just think we are going to pound the ball so much we need depth here more than most positions.

I say McAllister, Dunn or Rudi Johnson.

BarronWade is online now Registered User

The Rams are getting younger so dont expect us to sign a guy over 28yrs old. Also if we get someone it will be someone with good character and no off-field issues. So no Harrison, Plax or Brooks.

I really dont think these moves means we get a bigger move. If both moves were for 2010 draft picks then maybe.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I know they are going young and building for the future... which they have done... but that doesn't mean they can't shift gear and now focus on one or two players with experience to help this year.

punahou is offline Registered User

hmmm if they are releasing a starting LB from a corps of weak LBS.. . it seems to me that this draft may have impacted the defense differently than we thought........Could it be that the Rams will put Lauranitis over the tight end? I have read speculation as such; thereby keeping Vobora in the Middle?............PS I have to use ....... as my proxy to get around the bogus internet restrictions doesnt show paragraphs at this sight for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I know they are going young and building for the future... which they have done... but that doesn't mean they can't shift gear and now focus on one or two players with experience to help this year.
    You stole the words right out of my mouth. That is precisely what I was thinking. That they want someone to help out for this year to maybe just maybe put them into contention. I can not help but get excited for what is to follow. Everybody, all the experts are counting the rams out. They are not giving them any credit for all of their free agent moves and they had a pretty descent draft. I think by making a move for a veteran receiver and, or another r.b. even just maybe a L.B it might just put them into playoff contention.

I just think that alot of people are saying that the rams are so far away. Well I for one do not believe that they are that far away I think you could see some signs of brilliance towards the end of the season and that with what they are doing that they could be a playoff team. Who knows that is why you play the games.

As for McAllister, Dunn or even Rudi Johnson it would give us someone that is at least proven.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    hmmm if they are releasing a starting LB from a corps of weak LBS.. . it seems to me that this draft may have impacted the defense differently than we thought........Could it be that the Rams will put Lauranitis over the tight end? I have read speculation as such; thereby keeping Vobora in the Middle?............PS I have to use ....... as my proxy to get around the bogus internet restrictions doesnt show paragraphs at this sight for some unknown reason.
    Where does some of these bogus rumors get started?

Lauranitis has NEVER played SLB. What makes you think he would now? He is going to be the MLB ...

Draft and Culberson can play the SLB. Witherspoon will play WLB. Draft can play WLB. Chamberlain can play either. Grant apparently has potential. Witherspoon and Draft can both play MLB if required, as can Vobora ...

There has been no speculation that Lauranitis plays the SLB over the TE, where did you get this?

shower beers is offline Registered User

It's been stated by the coaching staff that Laurinaitis will play at MLB. There's no controversy.

dvbear55 is offline Registered User

I could definitely see Derek Brooks come into play here.

Quote Originally Posted by dvbear55 View Post
    I could definitely see Derek Brooks come into play here.
    I agree 100%. I just do not think that Chris Draft or Quinton Culberson is the answer on the strong side. Although I do believe that Quinton can be coached up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast