Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Re: With Pisa cut and Leonard traded are rams chasing a big time W.R.

either a WR or to sign Atogwe Long-term

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I think that they should really try to bring in Harrison. We could get him to mentor Avery and our other young WR's for one or two years. IMO, it would be a great pick up if we could sign him for 1 or 2 years. Also, no one has been pursuing him this entire off season, so I think that he would be reluctant to ask for a big money contract. One thing I can say for sure is that cutting Pisa and trading Leonard was definitely to make cap room for someone.

dvbear55 is offline Registered User

You cant forget the fact that Spags coached with Plaxico. Although he may have some off-the-field-issues, he is still a great football player. We may have some interest in him as well.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dvbear55 View Post
    You cant forget the fact that Spags coached with Plaxico. Although he may have some off-the-field-issues, he is still a great football player. We may have some interest in him as well.
    Good point, I don't think anyone here has realized that yet. I like the idea, but I'm pretty sure Spags said that he doesn't want any guys with off the field issues. Plus the guy could be facing time in jail and if not that, suspensions for sure. I am down for a WR no doubt but maybe Plax would not fit "too" well.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dvbear55 View Post
    well..the fact he has observed Plaxico more closely than anyone on these boards is probably why we have shown no interest in him...plus the fact that Billy D has stated many times about the kind of people he wants on the Rams roster...e.g people with far more integrity than Plaxico..

people keeping on about Plaxico & Harrison...save the skin on your fingers..no matter how many times you type it out, it aint gonna happen..Billy D aint your parent and you aint nagging for ice-cream...accept it and move on already!!

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Hmm I'm suprised no one has mentioned Braylon since the draft.. He fits, although I don't know what they want for him at this point. I also wouldn't mind seeing rudi come in. I think he would be one of the most solid no @'s in the league

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

What about Junior Seau. i think hes got some heat still in him. I mean other than that 15 years in the league hes still pretty good in my opinion. Hes is 6'3 250 lbs, and can play any spot.

But i think a more reasonable thing would be to trade for a Big wide receiver. The rams i always felt needed a true big wide Receiver like a Randy moss, T.O, of course without the attitudes, so why not Marques Colston. Even though he would be really tough to get.

But A Free agent thats pretty solid is Ashley Lelie,He's 6'3 195. not bad, for the time being. or even Amani Toomer

but thats options other than that im puzzled. PLax is good if he didnt have probs.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -05-11-2009 at 03:34 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

What about Anqusn Boldin? I wouldn't mind having someone be the number 1 WR who came back two weeks or so AFTER BREAKING HIS JAW.

general counsel is offline Registered User

TX, would you give up a 2010 #1 for Boldin? I love boldin, but i cant see giving up a first round pick right now as there is a reasonable liklihood that pick will be a very high one and we may need it to take a qb.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

if we are going for a player i want it to be Edwards or Boldin,with Boldin my favourite

Brooks wouldnt be wanted here, he has always been a WLB and thats where Spoon is. Harrison is too old and cant get separation anymore.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Where does some of these bogus rumors get started?

Lauranitis has NEVER played SLB. What makes you think he would now? He is going to be the MLB ...

Draft and Culberson can play the SLB. Witherspoon will play WLB. Draft can play WLB. Chamberlain can play either. Grant apparently has potential. Witherspoon and Draft can both play MLB if required, as can Vobora ...

There has been no speculation that Lauranitis plays the SLB over the TE, where did you get this?
    go read the numerous information sites about Lauranitis. In fact-- somewhere even Spagnuolo stated that Lauranitis HAS played over the tight end-- and HAS played over the tight end before in college in cetain OSU defensive schemes.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    TX, would you give up a 2010 #1 for Boldin? I love boldin, but i cant see giving up a first round pick right now as there is a reasonable liklihood that pick will be a very high one and we may need it to take a qb.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I have alot of respect for you general consel, as you always bring inteligent and well thought out facts and opinions to clanrams. However, I must comment on this that I for one have also thought of a possible trade for a guy with this kind of domination in the game. I do not believe that the Cardinals would trade him to the rams even if the offer was spectacular for the simple reason that I do not believe they will trade him to someone in the same division.

As for people talking about Braylon Edwards I do not think he would be a good fit, he is sometimes inconsistent and can be a bit of a distraction and with what Billy D and Spags have been preaching I sincerely doubt that they would bring him in. As for Ashley Leslie....... are you kidding me......

Go rams 09

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    I think that they should really try to bring in Harrison. We could get him to mentor Avery and our other young WR's for one or two years. IMO, it would be a great pick up if we could sign him for 1 or 2 years. Also, no one has been pursuing him this entire off season, so I think that he would be reluctant to ask for a big money contract. One thing I can say for sure is that cutting Pisa and trading Leonard was definitely to make cap room for someone.
    I agree 100%. Nice to see someone agrees with me that these moves were made with the idea of making some cap room. I strongly agree and believe someone is definetly coming in the fold to wear HHOORRRNNNSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go rams 09

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    I've seen no signs of the good Harrison since his knee injury. The Colts were smart to let him go. No one is pursuing him because no one believes he can play anymore. IF the RAMS wanted a veteran WR to coach up the young guys they should have kept Holt.

The thoughts of EDWARDS are BOLDIN would really be a boast to the offense. If we can get one of these guys for maybe a 2nd and 4th round pick I say why not.

Go RAMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12