RamWraith is offline Registered User

Pisa down-graded-- plus more

Rams | Tinoisamoa limited in practice Friday
    Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:00:37 -0700

St. Louis Rams LB Pisa Tinoisamoa (hand) was limited in practice Friday, Oct. 27, and was downgraded to questionable on the team's injury report.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa down-graded

Tinoisamoa itching to play
    By Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    10/28/2006

For the second time this season, linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa is listed as questionable on the Rams' injury report. Under NFL guidelines, that means he's 50-50 for Sunday's game at San Diego.

Under Tinoisamoa's guidelines, though, he's about 99.9 percent, despite the broken bone in his left hand that he suffered Wednesday in practice.

"If anybody can do it, he can," coach Scott Linehan said Friday.

Tinoisamoa, whose left elbow has been dislocated twice this season, has played in all 57 games since the Rams drafted him in 2003. That includes the San Francisco game Sept. 17, when he was questionable because of a sprained foot.

It was in that contest that he first injured his elbow. He missed the second half but suited up the following week at Arizona. Linehan said he fully expected Tinoisamoa to play vs. the Chargers.

Linehan explained that Tinoisamoa was downgraded from probable on Thursday's report mainly because he was in for only about half the snaps at Friday's practice. Team medical personnel have struggled to create a comfortable cast for his hand.

"That's the issue," Linehan said. "We'll just keep experimenting and try to come up with something that will work for him."

Tinoisamoa, who did not speak with reporters Friday, said earlier that his determination to play even when injured probably was a byproduct of an active youth.

"When I was younger, I refused to be hurt," he said. "I can't let that mentality change now."

Tinoisamoa's backup is veteran Dexter Coakley, who got in extended work with the first unit this week.

"I'm prepared," Coakley said. "If Pisa plays, I'm going to keep a close eye on him. If he can't go, I'll definitely try to make some plays and help us win the ballgame."

The presence of Coakley, who is filling a reserve role for the first time in his 10 NFL seasons, is a calming influence, Linehan said.

"That's the great thing about the depth I think we've created at the linebacker spot," he said. "Dexter is ready. You don't really worry about it."

Newcomer Isaiah Kacyvenski could fill in if needed, although the bulk of his experience is at middle linebacker. He was limited to special-teams duty in his first two games with the Rams after signing as a free agent. The bye week afforded him time to catch up with the defensive scheme.

"It's a different type of defense here, but I definitely feel more comfortable," said Kacyvenski, who was released by Seattle on Sept. 30. "I got into the playbook hard during the bye week and met with the coaches plenty. I'll be ready to go."

Betting brothers

Wide receiver Torry Holt had a personal reason to root for the Cardinals in the World Series. He had placed what he termed "a small wager" on the outcome with his brother, Terrence, a safety for the Detroit Lions.

Anticipating a Cards championship, Torry said Friday that he expected Terrence to ship him "a bundle of clothes. It's getting cold. Buy me something up in Detroit that'll keep me warm."

Holt said he shivered Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, where he attended his first Series game. Still, he said, "It was fun. I had a real good time.

"The stadium was rocking, all the chants and all the music, smelling the corn dogs and the pretzels and the popcorn. And being bundled up."

Holt said that while watching Game 3, the contrast between football and baseball struck him.

"Watching baseball, you have to develop patience, because the game's not as high-wired as our sport is," he said. "And those guys standing out there in the outfield in that chilly weather and waiting for something to come their way ... I admire their patience to play baseball."

Ramblings

Fullback Paul Smith (eye) was removed from the injury list Friday. "He's good to go," Linehan said. ... Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron was among three finalists for the Rams' head-coaching job that went to Linehan. Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera was the third.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa down-graded-- plus more

I hope the coaches and the medical staff are watching out for Pisa, becuase he will never take himself out of a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]