RamWraith is offline Registered User

Pisa and his shoulder

OK...I am no doctor, but why are they saying Pisa might miss a few weeks? They are claiming he had a seperated shoulder, but went back in to play, but he is not helathy to do it again? I am confused. I also saw this:

Broncos | Lelie OK Following Shoulder Dislocation - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:54:54 -0700

Denver Broncos WR Ashley Lelie (shoulder) had a shoulder dislocation during the Sunday, Sept. 12, game against the Kansas City Chiefs. The shoulder popped back in during the game. Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said Lelie should be OK.

Now again this makes me wonder. We are already thin at this position and now Martz is looking at holding him out. Does this sound like being a little gun shy because of Turley incident?

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa and his shoulder

You know,I was thinking the same thing.It seems to me that the Rams have had a history of sitting out a lot of players with minor to moderate injuries.I understand that sometimes it's best to be cautious,but our players seem to sit out longer than what is the norm compared to other teams.I could be wrong on this,but it just seems like our Rams are slower to heal....
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, I'd imagine they'll monitor his progress this week and see if he can practice, and go from there. Obviously the Rams would benefit from his intensity and skill against the Falcons, but this could be exactly what Tommy Polley needs to step up in his contract year. I hope Pisa can play, because I think his absense is a pretty big one for the defense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tanus is offline Registered User

ive dislocated my shoulder a few times and there can definitely be a difference. the first time i did it, it just popped out and then popped back in and i was literally fine in like 10 minutes. the next time it popped out i had to pop it back in myself and it hurt for a good 2-3 weeks after that.

im no doctor, but that is just my personal experience. it could be a similar situation where lelie's popped right back into place and pisa's had to be set back in.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Maybe it's because one guy catches the ball, and the other guy tries to dislodge the ball.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Martz isn't exactly Mr. Upfront with injuries. I know the NFL said they were going to crack down on false or privatious injury statements, but is Martz testing it now?

Wouldn't it be nice to let Atlanta design their offense under the belief that Pisa won't be there. Then come Sunday, he's in the lineup. Oh, I'm probably reading too much in to it, but we won't know for sure until Sunday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think the NFL's guidelines for injury reports is in regard to Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm not sure if there are any guidelines for Monday or Tuesday reports.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Martz is staying in the guidelines. He dosen't have to disclose anything until Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. He has gotten into so much trouble with the fans by talking, now when he isn't talking he's getting questioned.

You go Martz. Don't say anything till you have to.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I think the NFL's guidelines for injury reports is in regard to Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm not sure if there are any guidelines for Monday or Tuesday reports.
    Excellent, no need to say anything until Martz has to. Leave the 'cons guessing. I like it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Last night on the local channel 4 (Hawaii) news the sportscaster announced that Pisa Tinoisamoa had dislocated his shoulder and would be out 3 to 4 weeks. This morning when I went to the St Louis Post Dispatch Rams section I fully expected to see an article devoted to Pisa's injury. No article... The local sportscaster never mentioned a source--he just made the statement.
    Perhaps he spoke to Five-O himself as when Pisa played for U of H he was no stranger to local tv or Robert Kalakaua, the sports guy who broke the news.

Stay tuned........

GO JRAMMS!!!!!!!!!