Thread: Pisa to IR?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Pisa to IR?

Often-injured linebacker likely to go on IR
    Associated Press

ST. LOUIS (AP) - The latest injury to St. Louis Rams outside linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, a broken right hand nearly identical to a break on his left hand, is likely to land him on injured reserve.

The Rams kept Tinoisamoa in the lineup despite assorted other ailments, including a dislocated left elbow that reduced him to one-armed tackling, until he was hurt again on Mondahy night against the Chicago Bears.

"Now he's in a position where it's really going to be difficult," coach Scott Linehan said Tuesday. "We're evaluating the likelihood of him being back this season.

"Nothing's been made official but there's a good chance by tomorrow we'll make that decision."

Tinoisamoa, a second-round pick in 2003, led the Rams in tackles each of his first three seasons. He's played hurt this year since sustaining the elbow injury in the second game.

"I talked to Pisa and I said 'Maybe just get it out of your system,"' Linehan said. "It's just bad fortune. He plays all-out, and holds nothing back."

Dexter Coakley, the likely replacement, got two starts in the middle of the season while Tinoisamoa was sidelined. Linehan said Raonall Smith is another possibility.

Another linebacker, special teams leader Isaiah Kacyvenski, could return after missing two games with his second concussion of the season.

"He looks like he's himself and about ready to get back on the field, so he has a real good shot at being out there this week," Linehan said.

Defensive end Leonard Little, sidelined in the fourth quarter Monday by breathing difficulties after taking a blow to the throat, underwent a CT scan Tuesday that revealed no problems. Linehan said the other defensive end, rookie Victor Adeyanju, will be questionable this week in his second attempt to return from a broken forearm. Adeyanju abandoned his effort to return after missing only game late last week.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa to IR?

Rams Notebook: Tinoisamoa may be out for year
    By Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/13/2006

As gritty and determined as Rams linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa has proved to be, the latest in a staggering series of injuries might finally have ended his season.

"We're evaluating whether it's realistic for him to even play" in the final three games, coach Scott Linehan said Tuesday, a day after Tinoisamoa suffered a broken right hand in the Rams' 42-27 loss to the Chicago Bears. Linehan hinted strongly that by today, Tinoisamoa might join five other former starters on injured reserve.

Tinoisamoa had played in all 57 games since the Rams drafted him in the second round in 2003 until he sat out Oct. 29 at San Diego and Nov. 5 against Kansas City. At that point, he'd suffered:

A dislocated left elbow Sept. 17 at San Francisco.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Bum deal, hopefully he will be 100% and make his first Pro-Bowl next year. Forget Coakley, he's past his prime, put in Smith, let's see how he dose. And I hope they activate Alston so we can see what he brings to the game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I agree on Alston, he just needs to be given a go. He is small, and might not work out. But we wont know until we try.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

he might be better off taking the rest of the season off and getting healthy, he is very banged up and could use the rest, no sense in making anything worse .

majorram is offline Registered User

Is there anything of Pisa left to put on IR????

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Pisa is like that crazy knight from Monte Python's the Holy Grail. The knight that has his arms cut off but still refuses to give up, calling it only a flesh wound. A true warrior. It is time to shut it down for the season and heal up for next. Pisa is the type of gritty warrior that all fans should appreciate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

ramsown is offline Registered User

well i think so because i want him of full health next year. i like people peing all warrior like but there comes a point where you need to stop or risk alot worse.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Get well soon Pisa, bummer.

Krames41 is offline Registered User

Yeah, put him on the IR so he is healthy next year. Give Smith or Kacyvenski a shot.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

With our season all but over, let's give Pisa some extra healing time and give Alston some time. I would hate to see Pisa suffer some kind of permanent damage.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I agree with what's been said so far, let's give Pisa some rest and activate Alston to see what he's got.

Another thing that I noticed from those press releases was that Adeyanju is trying to come back already. Damn that's fast when you consider his arm is broken, we may have another Timmerman/Pisa-style warrior on our hands there, at least shows Adeyanju has some serious passion for playing! Very encouraging I think, all he needs to do in the offseason is improve his pass-rushing moves to become more well-rounded in his skills, maybe Little can give him some pointers on that, and he could be a starter for the future (hmm maybe that means we should look at the *interior* defensive line first in the draft).