Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Pisa for jenkins-would you make that deal?

slightly different take on the situation. Would you trade pisa straight up for jenkins. I dont know how i come out on this, but consider this. Pisa hardly qualifies as a model of health. He has been banged up and he missed games last year. He is as tough as they come, but i believe he is still only average at best in pass coverage and with the abuse his body has taken, you could argue that he is an increasing health risk. With his new contract, he is no longer dirt cheap either.

Jenkins has risks and baggage for sure, he also has a lot more upside than pisa.

I dont know if i would do this deal,, but i think i would rather have pisa than a third round pick so i guess that means that i would trade a #3 for jenkins. I would certainly throw in butler.

I am often at my best when i am negotiating with myself.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa for jenkins-would you make that deal?

Hypothetically if we did trade Pisa for Jenkins and then in the draft Branch and Willis are both available to us, who do you choose?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Another question, cause I missed it somehow, why exactly are they trading Jenkins?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would do it in a split of a nano second.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

who proposed even trading pisa???? is this just a hypothetical situation???

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Another question, cause I missed it somehow, why exactly are they trading Jenkins?

One reason is that they are pretty deep at DT and Jenkins could be a cap casualty.

general counsel is offline Registered User

THey are also very disappointed that he has failed to show up for offseason workouts again. Last year, after his knee surgery, he weight got close to 400 pounds and they are concerned about whether his repaired knee will hold up over time, especially if he gains weight again.

They are cap strapped and would like to open up some space. They claim that they need linebacker, wide receiver and safety.

Jenkins is coming off a pro bowl year and they know that many teams really need a defensive tackle. They want to see if anyone will really pay up for him. Its unclear if they are going to trade him for the best offer they get, or are going to only trade him if they get a 1 or a 2.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ps if we got jenkins for pisa, i would take willis over branch, but willis wont get past buffalo picking ahead of us. In short, jenkins and willis is better than branch and pisa and i dont think thats a close call.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

If we didn't give him that extension, I'd probably say yes. But since we gave him that extension I think it's not a bright idea. He is one of the only players on defense that is/could be, entitled as a playmaker. I also wouldn't say we're real deep with LBs so I wouldn't do it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Drew is offline Registered User

in a word.... no!

The only reason why I say make the trade is that we are in desperate need at that position. Currently, I can't think of any team that is in a worse position at DT than the Rams. Whiffing on DT's in the last 4 or 5 year drafts have really hurt this defense. Letting Pickett go was a monstrosity. However, our offense is ready right now to make a run DEEP into the playoffs but not without help from the defensive side of the ball. Without that help, I see another season like the one in 2000 where the offense played lights out but the defense couldn't stop Poplar Bluff HS.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    The only reason why I say make the trade is that we are in desperate need at that position. Currently, I can't think of any team that is in a worse position at DT than the Rams. Whiffing on DT's in the last 4 or 5 year drafts have really hurt this defense. Letting Pickett go was a monstrosity. However, our offense is ready right now to make a run DEEP into the playoffs but not without help from the defensive side of the ball. Without that help, I see another season like the one in 2000 where the offense played lights out but the defense couldn't stop Poplar Bluff HS.
    Exactly, and we won't have this explosive offense forever, the more time we waste on waiting for our draft picks to form into better players (which we don't know if they will or not) the more the offense will become less productive. It is a very tough situation with that extension, but I change my mind, I think we probably should....

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Nope. Pisa may have injury issues, but he does show up for offseason training programs, and you have to admit any guy who plays lights out when injured is a keeper.

If Jenkins is such a hot deal, then why isn't Carloina being hammerred with offers? The Rams and Broncos are the only teams really looking at him from what I've heard.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Would you trade pisa straight up for jenkins.
    I would not make this deal. Pisa IMO is a special player with that intangible quality you rarely see. He's all heart, drive and tenacity with a leaders mentality and a very capable skill set. We need guys like Pisa Tinoisamoa, which is why the Rams locked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I would do it in a split of a nano second.
    Tx, I get the impression from this post and others that you do not think all that highly of Hawaii 5-0.

No, I really like Pisa. I like his motor. He plays hard. However, we're stuck. We do have Draft that can play some in Pisa's role. Rookie LB's can play and make plays where rookie DT's take a year or two to develop.

Pisa may be are only player on the defense that Carolina wants. It's not that I don't like Pisa, he just maybe the only bargaining chip the Rams have.

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Nope. Pisa may have injury issues, but he does show up for offseason training programs, and you have to admit any guy who plays lights out when injured is a keeper.

If Jenkins is such a hot deal, then why isn't Carloina being hammerred with offers? The Rams and Broncos are the only teams really looking at him from what I've heard.
    Giants are looking at Jenkins too. So far.

Anyway, I have no issues with Pisa at all. He has heart and he's a warrior, and when healthy, a playmaker.

But he isn't trade bait. He's beat up too much. One full season of separated shoulders followed by arm and hand injuries.

For us, it is a good thing Draft is behind him now, because I doubt he can make it through a season uninjured, and they left him in too long last year.

For other teams, he just isn't trade bait. Too much of an injury risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast