Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Pisa for jenkins-would you make that deal?

I wouldn't even touch this kind of deal until I see what the cap ramifications are from moving him only months after he signed an extension.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I keep seeing people say that Draft is behind Pisa on the depth chart. I highly doubt this will be the case. Draft should be starting ... let Pisa come off the bench. Fewer reps, fewer chance for injury. He's better being spotted into certain situations anyway, so his motor can always run full speed ahead ...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I keep seeing people say that Draft is behind Pisa on the depth chart. I highly doubt this will be the case. Draft should be starting ... let Pisa come off the bench. Fewer reps, fewer chance for injury. He's better being spotted into certain situations anyway, so his motor can always run full speed ahead ...
    If there's any lingering injury complications, you have a point, but if he comes back healthy, I don't see how you have a team captain who lead the Rams in tackles his first 3 years, coming off the bench. As far as his motor, I think it's safe to say it always runs full speed, regardless of how many snaps he gets.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Draft will be behind Pisa on the depth chart, but Pisa is injured that's why Draft's in front. We didn't just resign the cornerstone of our defense to sit on the bench. We can't keep our best players off the field. If Draft and Chillar both turn out to be better linebackers that Pisa, then fine he should sit but I doubt Pisa is the 4th best linebacker on the squad.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa for Jenkins - would you make that deal?

Pisa for Jenkins - would you make that deal?

Given all the above arguments, I must admit it is indeed tempting! a) Yes, Tinoisamoa is a playmaker, has a terrific motor and ... has been hampered with injuries. b) We now have Chris Draft.

c) We really need a Jenkins type of DT. A Pisa exchange could make the transaction with Jenkins possible. The likeliness of resolving our DT issues is good.

d) I think that if both Okoye and Branch are gone by #12, then Patrick Willis may be there for our pick.

With the variants of these and other components we may not be able to see in the equation (a second player, future draft selection, etc.), my answer to the main question would be "YES".
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-09-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Content

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Not for me, thankyou. I'd like to take into consideration the cap situation, and the fact that Pisa is one of our most dynamic players. I'm not so sure I'd like to lose that.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

IMO you don't give a guy a 5 year extension then a matter of months later trade him before a ball is snapped.It just doesn't make business sense,and I really can't see our FO wanting to throw his signing money down the drain and I wouldn't blame them..

z.nrd Guest

That's not a matter of opinion.

Right now Draft is the starter ahead of Pisa because Pisa isn't completely healed yet. He can't work out, he can't practice at full speed.

That doesn't mean Draft will be starting ahead of Pisa in September.

It just means that right now, Pisa still can't go.

Of course, it's also insurance. Pisa had multiple injuries last year and they reduced his effectiveness. On top of it, the lingering problem is his shoulder, and that's not good. They need Draft working there as insurance in case Pisa takes a long time to get ready. And in case he gets banged up again.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

No way.

:r

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

You don't have to be the best player on the team to be a captain. You can be a spot-duty nickelback and be the captain. Pisa has tons of heart ... that doesn't make him our best linebacker or even second best linebacker at that. He busts his ass every play, and never stops, plays through injuries, and is a leader. With that said, he occasionially gets lost in coverage and occasionally blows tackles. Doesn't mean that he isn't a warrior ...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

You don't have to be the best player on the team to be a captain. You can be a spot-duty nickelback and be the captain. Pisa has tons of heart ... that doesn't make him our best linebacker or even second best linebacker at that. He busts his ass every play, and never stops, plays through injuries, and is a leader. With that said, he occasionially gets lost in coverage and occasionally blows tackles. Doesn't mean that he isn't a warrior ...
    Don't all LB's occasionally get lost in coverage and blow tackles? Again, if there are injury issues with Pisa, his status on the depth chart is most definitely in question, but that's an unknown and it remains to be seen how it plays out. All I know is, before his injury parade last season, he's led the Rams in tackles from the moment he stepped on the field as a rookie.

Team captain, warrior heart and tackling leader. Sounds like the stuff a starter is made of, don't you think?

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

You don't trade a player like Pisa. He's a difference maker on the field.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

And you don't trade a player like Pisa for an overwieght NT, who has an injured Knee. Because you're knowing at his wieght hes gone have problems with his knees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12