Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Pisa no longer a Ram ...

ST. LOUIS, MO – The St. Louis Rams released linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, the team announced today.

“This was a difficult decision based on a lot of factors,” said Rams Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo. “I have a great deal of respect for Pisa and wish him all of the best.”

Tinoisamoa, a six-year veteran, led the team with 135 tackles (88 solo) in 2008, after spending part of the 2007 and 2006 seasons on the reserved/injured list.

The Rams selected Tinoisamoa in the second round (43rd overall) of the 2002 Draft. That season, he became the first Rams player to lead the team in tackles as a rookie with 121 tackles (70 solo).

---

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa no longer a Ram ...

WOW!! This is a shock. Well, upon further review maybe not. At any rate, why didn't the Rams at least get something for him in a trade like they did with B. Leonard?

Looks like Spags and Billy are doing their spring cleaning with a vengence.

GO RAMS!!!

WHAT SAY YE?

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

This is very sad

Good Luck Pisa, always loved you as a Ram

general counsel is offline Registered User

What makes you think that they didnt try to get something for him in a trade?I bet that we did try to trade him and for whatever reason, there was no market. Spags didnt wake up this am and decide pisa wasnt in his plans. This obviously was known by the draft (and for sure after we made the laurinitis pick) and therefore, its logical to assume that we tried to trade him and couldnt. The only other possibility i can think of is that there is some lingering injury issue that has surfaced recently at minicamp, but i think that is a longshot. More likely, we are just trying to get younger and with pisa's contract, no one wanted him.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

rammmmm is offline Registered User

I wonder what brought that on. I wonder which team will pick him up. Hmmmm, could he come back to haunt us?

rampower is offline Registered User

Do we really have so many LB's we could ditch him? Strange. Really strange. Dont get it.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Man, I had a ton of respect for Hawaii 5 O, but I suppose respect only gets you so far in the NFL. I'm sure a lot of people are going to be upset about this, including me, but it's important to look at this from an objective view. He currently didn't have a position, had a history of injuries, and I'm not totally certain of his contract, but it was probably more than what a backup should get. One more point, of course it would have been best to get value for him, so I'm sure BD tried to trade him. I suppose the fact that we couldn't even get poor value for him may speak volumes for how other teams saw him. Either that or they figured we would just release him anyways... I have stood behind the front office so far, so it would be extremely hypocritical of me to complain about this move. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I support our FO.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

I don't really see why we couldn't trade him. But whatever. He was never really a long term solution at strong side anyways. Better to give Culberson a shot at it, and if he sucks then we always have draft.
    That one guy who loves pisa and made the thread "the underrated linebacker named pisa" is probably pissed.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, this is a bit shocking, but it looks like Pisa was the odd man out. If anything, it shows that Spags has a very clear vision and that he's not afraid to make the hard decisions in order to turn things around. I'm sorry to see a guy with such dedication and heart go, but if he doesn't fit the plan, so be it. I wish him the best.

rampower is offline Registered User

Just find it strange when we dont have too many Lineackers. Maye they need the ash for Atogwe or Free Agency, but if there was a cap hit, I do find it odd. More so if any of the starting guys get injured.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    What makes you think that they didnt try to get something for him in a trade?I bet that we did try to trade him and for whatever reason, there was no market. Spags didnt wake up this am and decide pisa wasnt in his plans. This obviously was known by the draft (and for sure after we made the laurinitis pick) and therefore, its logical to assume that we tried to trade him and couldnt. The only other possibility i can think of is that there is some lingering injury issue that has surfaced recently at minicamp, but i think that is a longshot. More likely, we are just trying to get younger and with pisa's contract, no one wanted him.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree that Pisa's contract was probably the motivating factor here, but don't you think we could have gotten at least a 5th round pick for him or so? Makes no sense that a guy who has done nothing in this league, like Leonard, at least had some trade value.

Another factor to consider is that the Rams may really like Chris Chamberlain, the OLB we picked up from Tulsa last year. He is younger, healthier, and certainly more cap-friendly than the Rainbow Warrior. Maybe Spags really liked what he saw of him in the mini camps.

The intrigue grows and grows.

WHAT SAY YE?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If you are going to do this, why wait so long? It's not that I hate the move but why not make the move a long time ago when there are free agents still available?

Sorry I have difficulty understanding that the guy that lead the team in tackles couldn't be traded for a backup something.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Sounds like another positional logjam/cap savings move like Brian Leonard.

Boy, DeSpags are playin' hardball,aren't they?

I'm sure there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth or coconuts in Hawaii this week.LOL

Sorry hawaiianpunch; I liked Pisa,too. I'd blame the prior regime before DeSpags for creating the problem,though.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Understand why Pisa could not be traded is easy - nobody wants that huge contract. It's a real simple proposition ...

He's gone, time to move on and figure out what we can do with the money we saved.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    I don't really see why we couldn't trade him. But whatever. He was never really a long term solution at strong side anyways. Better to give Culberson a shot at it, and if he sucks then we always have draft.
    That one guy who loves pisa and made the thread "the underrated linebacker named pisa" is probably pissed.
    Because us as fans overvalue players on our team. A solid player like Pisa to us is just another player to the chargers, patriots, or colts..

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast