Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa, Pisa, Pisa what are going to do with you?

Courtesy of Pro Football Weekly:

March 23, 2005

Updated at 3:30 p.m. EDT, April 12, 2005

There were more than a few team insiders shaking their heads after the Rams indicated earlier this offseason that they were planning on going with a pair of players in new positions at the starting safety slots — Adam Archuleta (from strong safety to free safety) and Pisa Tinoisamoa (from weak-side linebacker to strong safety). Quickly dubbing the move as “The Not-So-Great Experiment,” detractors reasoned that both players had deficiencies in pass coverage, particularly Archuleta, who was plagued by back problems last season. Now, it appears, the experiment will probably never see the light of day, with the Rams having second thoughts about moving Tinoisamoa away from the weak side, where he was by far the team’s most effective ’backer last season (we hear Tinoisamoa was never really enamored with the proposed position switch). It remains to be seen, though, whether Tinoisamoa will remain on the weak side; the Rams are saying that Tinosiamoa and free-agent addition Dexter Coakley will definitely start, but that it had yet to be determined which outside positions they would play. So who’s the other projected starting safety along with Archuleta for the time being? The nod by default probably goes to Michael Stone, a “tweener”-type free-agent pickup who played sparingly in Arizona and contributed mostly on special teams. All the more reason, it would seem, for the Rams to very seriously consider a safety-first approach in the fast-approaching draft.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    No offense but that is the stupidest thing I've heard, Pisa is at best below average in pass coverage, he would get burnt left and right. Like that other guy said this isn't Madden it's real football. Pisa is a backup on any good Defense or special teams capt. I really like the guy but he hurt us too much with bad coverage or missed assignments and blown tackles our linebackers make all the opposing teams highlight reels.
    I agree, he's a nice "ROLE" player. He wouldn't start on any other team,except maybe the Lions...release him or give him a back-up role...I'm tired of these undersized LB's.....got some beasts who can clog up the middle and run.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Keep him as a backup and possibly find a special teams slot. Pisa is a good locker room guy, plays 100%.

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

Out with the old and in with the new. I am not sure he will be anything more than a role player in spags new deffensive strategy. I dont think he would fetch anything more that a high fourth or fifth round pick so if he is not willing to restructure than peace out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12