HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Pisa and Spoon, twins separated at birth?

The more I've looked at Spoon and Pisa, they appear to be nearly identical on the field. Here's their season average over their short careers (Pisa, 3 seasons; Spoon, 4 seasons)

Per Season

Spoon - 89 tackles, 2 sacks, 1.8 ints, 7 pass def., 0.5 FF
    Pisa - 88 tackles, 1.7 sacks, 1.7 ints, 5 pass def., 1.7 FF

On the field nearly identical.

Now here's my thought........Spoon was considered a hot commodity on the free agent market. Won't Pisa be that same commodity next year? Do we really want to see Pisa hit the streets next year?

Surely, the FO is working on an extension with Pisa. Anybody heard anything?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa and Spoon, twins separated at birth?

Are they the same size?

Cuz to use that analogy, I don't think we would feel comfortable with 5.0 as our MLB.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Spoon is 6'1" 231
    Pisa is 6'1" 235

That scares me the lighter guy is mlb.
    Just Fix It

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

They are basically the same weight. A couple of pounds don't mean anything. Do you really think that the MLB should be heavier?

This reminds me...I said I would post those pictures of Pisa .... I should get on that. I would not have guessed that Pisa is 6'1". He did not look that tall to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I wonder if for now we are putting spoon in the middle, if were gonna run alot of 3-4 I think we will need another MLB anyway... Wouldn't it be sweet to see fletcher come back somehow!! or maybe just a trade up for hawk!!!!!! man it's fun to wish

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737
    I wonder if for now we are putting spoon in the middle, if were gonna run alot of 3-4 I think we will need another MLB anyway... Wouldn't it be sweet to see fletcher come back somehow!! or maybe just a trade up for hawk!!!!!! man it's fun to wish
    I don't think the 3-4 would necessitate another MLB. That hybrid, such as what the Pats run, simply moves a DE/OLB tweener back and forth from a 2-point stance to hands down and vice versa. The transition between the 3-4 and 4-3 (as I understand Haslett's defense, for what little that is worth) is not a transition from the interior of the front 7, but the exterior of the front 7.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I don't think the 3-4 would necessitate another MLB. That hybrid, such as what the Pats run, simply moves a DE/OLB tweener back and forth from a 2-point stance to hands down and vice versa. The transition between the 3-4 and 4-3 (as I understand Haslett's defense, for what little that is worth) is not a transition from the interior of the front 7, but the exterior of the front 7.

Ok thanks for the insight, We would still need another player to fill that role though won't we??? if not who would we use to switch back and fourth

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737
    Ok thanks for the insight, We would still need another player to fill that role though won't we??? if not who would we use to switch back and fourth
    Your guess is as good as mine. I believe it's just semantics really depending on which side the pressure is brought from. The 4-3 OLB, on the pressure side would slide inside to cover either an interior gap or fall into coverage.

Don't get me wrong, we will need more workable LBs on board to pull this off. Plus, we don't have that tweener at this point. Personally, I think Little at this point is our best effort, and I'm not excited about moving a 30 year old DE back to the position that we moved him from 6 years ago. The best long-term bet would be Hargrove, but he still hasn't grasped the 4-3 DE spot. Maybe Chillar on the outside, but I don't know that his rush skills are good enough to cover the outside spot, or at least I haven't seen them yet.

It's going to be interesting to say the least.
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-31-2006 at 02:32 PM.