Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pittman

zingers16 is offline Registered User

Pittman

I have been wondering why people have us drafting a RB or taking a free agent RB. Is there something about Pittman that I haven't heard? I thought he played well in Jackson absence.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Pittman

I agree. I think Pittman and Darby can be pretty solid back ups.

Will we have a Lendale White and Chris Johnson combo? No.
    Will we have a Maurice Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor combo? No.

What we know is that Jackson is our starter. He needs to stay healthy. Pittman and Darby can come in and play their roles out. They are pretty reliable options for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

The team's performance was pretty pathetic in the absense of Steven Jackson partly due to the underperforming of Pittman. He is also not a strong enough running back to be the starter if Jackson gets injured.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

2008 Stats:

Pittman- 79 rushes/296 yards, 3.7 avg.. 18 receptions 132 yards, 7.3 avg..

Darby- 32 rushes/140 yards, 4.4 avg.. 19 receptions 183 yards, 9.6 avg..

FYI

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    The team's performance was pretty pathetic in the absense of Steven Jackson partly due to the underperforming of Pittman. He is also not a strong enough running back to be the starter if Jackson gets injured.
    We need a back whether it be Pittman, Darby or someone else that can give Jackson a breather. Someone that the coaching staff has confidence in. An over worked Jackson will put him on the injury list again. The goal of the coaching staff should be to play Jackson of course but to also spell him enough to prevent injuries. It's a very fine line.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Barring a free agent pickup, or a surprise move in the draft, there is absolutely no reason why Darby should not be the backup ...

He is as fast as Pittman, a more physical runner, more shifty, has better hands ...

And most importantly, he can pass block! Not one time this year did I see a blitzer beat Darby. A matter of fact, I saw him pancake a defender or two. He's an aggressive player. He was at Bama, and he still is ...

The guy had a rough senior year at Bama and his stock dropped. Trust me, he is a competitor and he wants to prove his worth. He is an excellent all-around back ...

And don't forget the excellent job he did returning kickoffs, almost 26 yards a pop ...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Pittman had one good game two years ago and Darby isn't a backup the Rams can rely on to carry the load. This league has morphed to the point that you need two backs to win. The Rams right now don't have that. Hightower/James, Parker/Moore.

Oh yes I can. Hightower played a big part in that running game all year.

How many did Pittman/Darby have?

"You're breaking my balls Mcknight" gotta love Cartman

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Don't forget Peterson and Chester Taylor.

I like Darby better than Pittman. Pittman seems very slow at times, and really isn't elusive. Meanwhile, Darby is more all-around. His speed is decent, he's a good blocker, he can break tackles.

That being said, I also think that there are some good running backs in the mid rounds this draft. C.J Spiller and Devin Moore would add the element of speed to our running back corps. There are also a couple of well rounded guys too.

Pittman needs to go, but I say we keep Darby.

I would like to have Darby and Burton return kicks and punts, instead of Looker and who was it? Travis Minor? Ugh.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We need a back whether it be Pittman, Darby or someone else that can give Jackson a breather. Someone that the coaching staff has confidence in. An over worked Jackson will put him on the injury list again. The goal of the coaching staff should be to play Jackson of course but to also spell him enough to prevent injuries. It's a very fine line.

yes. it is a fine line. But hey! no worries! there's this 2nd round draft pick that was a phenomonal and crushing rb and fb in college. his initials could stand for 'Built Tough' and he's even already on the Rams roster! This is great!!! oh wait- he's been on the roster for two seasons already... He was our 5th string running back behind SJ, AP, KD, and TM? Ouch, that's no good.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Pittman had one good game two years ago and Darby isn't a backup the Rams can rely on to carry the load. This league has morphed to the point that you need two backs to win. The Rams right now don't have that. Hightower/James, Parker/Moore.
    I don't get this kind of statements ...

What evidence do you have the Darby cannot handle the load?

Pittman and Darby didn't have any TD's for two reasons:

1. Because we never have the ball on the goalline.

2. Jackson is going to get ALL the goalline carries...

It's a product of the offensive production, not necessarily the value of the player ...

And you're kidding about Hightower's production right? 399 yards on 2.8 YPC? Most of that coming against us. He scored alot of TD's because they couldn't rely on James on the goalline. Hightower hasn't shown me anything ...

The fact that you think James/Hightower is a great one-two punch is laughable in itself. Jackson had more rushing yards than them COMBINED in fewer games. Arizona didn't get to where it is because of it's running game ...

Running backs are a dime a dozen. It is the easier position to translate from the college ranks to the NFL. If their is a great offensive line, just about anybody will have success running behind it. Look at the Denver Broncos. Hell, even Trung Canidate was a successful backup here before he got hurt ...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Running backs are a dime a dozen. It is the easier position to translate from the college ranks to the NFL. If their is a great offensive line, just about anybody will have success running behind it. Look at the Denver Broncos. Hell, even Trung Canidate was a successful backup here before he got hurt ...
    How about Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Maurice Clarret, etc.

And how about that Lawrence Phillips who we all dearly know.

Joking aside, I agree with your post. Edgerrin James and Tim Hightower don't keep any defensive coordinators up at night, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    How about Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Maurice Clarret, etc.

And how about that Lawrence Phillips who we all dearly know.

Joking aside, I agree with your post. Edgerrin James and Tim Hightower don't keep any defensive coordinators up at night, that's for sure.

And Terrell Davis, Ryan Grant, and many others ...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I don't get this kind of statements ...

What evidence do you have the Darby cannot handle the load?

Pittman and Darby didn't have any TD's for two reasons:

1. Because we never have the ball on the goalline.

2. Jackson is going to get ALL the goalline carries...

It's a product of the offensive production, not necessarily the value of the player ...

And you're kidding about Hightower's production right? 399 yards on 2.8 YPC? Most of that coming against us. He scored alot of TD's because they couldn't rely on James on the goalline. Hightower hasn't shown me anything ...

The fact that you think James/Hightower is a great one-two punch is laughable in itself. Jackson had more rushing yards than them COMBINED in fewer games. Arizona didn't get to where it is because of it's running game ...

Oh, I don't have any scientific or stats or links or videos or soundbites to back my statement up. Call it my gut, which grows every year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast