RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Pittman is one tough SOB!

Pittman is going to play with a pulled hamstring, yet Jackson cannot play with a quad bruise?

Something is just not right about this situation ...

Regardless, kudos to Pittman for sucking it up, I appreciate that he wants to play through the pain and try to contribute ...

His attitude says it all, he told Haslett he was playing at the beginning of the week, guaranteed. And here he is ..

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Pittman is one tough SOB!

We he was cleared but got injured again. I honestly think it'd be wise if he sits it tomorrow also. But his dedication is pretty impressive.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

In my opinion, I do not want Pittman to play in this game. I would rather see Darby and Gado get some runs, because from what I have seen, Pittman is not a really good rusher. He has almost no outside burst, and is kind of slow. I want to see Gado and Darby play. Plus, if Pittman goes in there injured, there is a likely chance he will get a serious injury.

MrBean is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Plus, if Pittman goes in there injured, there is a likely chance he will get a serious injury.
    Agreed. Look what happened to Jackson when he tried to play injured. Yes he missed the one game and it only got worse trying to go against the Cardinals. Now it will be three games that he couldn't play instead of just two if he would of sat against the Cards. All my opinion of course.

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Pittman wont be needed next week and is fighting for a place in the team.

Jackson is a definate starter and our whole organisation is build around him.

Thats why Jackson will sit, and Pittman will go out and make his injury worse to try and win a new deal.
    Last edited by Action_Jackson; -11-08-2008 at 04:08 PM.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

When I read the title of this thread, I said to myself, "Wow, I wish we could say the same thing about Jackson." I'm quite disappointed in the amount of time Jackson has missed while with the Rams. Especially after holding out this preseason.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

We don't know the extent or seriousness of the two injuries-unless one of the Rams' doctors is offering opinions here -so it may be an apples vs oranges debate.

We also don't know at this point & may never know since there are two healthy options in the backfield for the Jets game-whether Pittman's injury will hinder his effectiveness.

I'm not an SJ apologist; I was extremely unhappy with the poor communication between SJ & the coaches last week, but he is undoubtedly a more important player for the future of The Rams than Pittman & decisions on whether to play him hurt should take that into account.

Does anyone have a link to a verifiable responsible source that describes SJ's injury as a "bruise"-used to be called a "charley horse" in my day, rather than a "strain" which is how I've read it described. Again, I'm not a team doctor but sounds like a big difference to me, especially for a player who had a torn groin muscle last year.

Speaking of horses,I guess it's time to bring out the dead one for its daily beating; is SJ's injury history due to his inherent fragility or height/running style or lack of proper conditioning or a combo of all the above or perhaps just another frustrating side effect of an ineffective offensive line which gets him creamed every game by monstrous D-linemen who should be blocked?

I don't give much credence to the assertions that SJ lacks toughness because of this injury situation. Isn't RB considered the most violent position in pro sports? The legs that SJ detractors seem to sneer at sometimes have actually broken arms of would-be tacklers & provided some of the most exciting moments, if not victories, that we as Rams fans have seen the last few years.

Kind of reminds me of the comments made about Bruce & Holt-even in their brilliant heyday- that they were "soft" because they supposedly hit the turf to avoid collisions with DBs.

I criticize his skills ( blocking and his "spin" move which I think may be responsible for his leg injuries as well)) or maturity which has, at times, seemed suspect, but I don't see him failing drug tests or getting into bar brawls or committing unsportsmanlike blunders on the field.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -11-08-2008 at 04:27 PM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    When I read the title of this thread, I said to myself, "Wow, I wish we could say the same thing about Jackson." I'm quite disappointed in the amount of time Jackson has missed while with the Rams. Especially after holding out this preseason.
    And I am glad my friend Moloch chimed up here. I was an indirect shot at Jackson. I just don't see how a quad bruise can turn into a career long type of issue. So what if he goes down for the season? What exactly are we playing for? Are we sending a message here that we can just cash in the season because we have a losing record?

How long is this "quad bruise" going to persist? Because fact is, if he cannot play this week, or the next, why not just IR him and get some young guys out there.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Aw c'mon, the dropoff in talent at almost every position on The Rams is what's killing our team, not SJ's injury. Even the majority of the first team wouldn't start for most good clubs,based on current form.

You really want to put our best offensive weapon on IR with 6 to play or see Leckey & Jenkins piled on top of him half a dozen times tomorrow?
    And aren't we already going to see the young guys without throwing SJ under the bus?

The injury epidemic- i think it's fair to upgrade from "bug" at this point- is insanely frustrating but it's more about shedding light on the real weaknesses than the root cause.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I play soccer and we are usually short on players so I find myself on the field for 90 minutes a lot of the time, playing with injuries. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding how these football guys get tired playing on one side of the ball for less time with a bunch of time outs, but I am sure the speed of the game and the physical nature of the game takes its toll.

Some injuries you can play through and ignore, while others you can't. I don't know enough about the different injuries to say if Jackson should be able to play through his injury or not. He did play in the last game and he was not very effective. I have a feeling that he and Hazlett have looked at the situation and they must feel that he is not capable of running in a manner that he needs to do to make yardage and break through tackles.

I am going put some faith in Haslett to make the right decision with the RBs. He has added in some new names and let's hope he finds the right combination to make it work. It would help if the OL had the ability to open up holes too. They haven't been helping any of the RBs out lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]