Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By Goldenfleece

Thread: A Pivotal Three Weeks

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

A Pivotal Three Weeks

The Rams have three very winnable games the next three weeks. There is absolutely no reason to think they cannot win them and in my opinion, must take advantage of this part of their schedule and go at least 2-1, especially with games vs. Green Bay, New England and San Francisco all in a row starting week 7.

Let's start with Seattle. They have a rookie QB. They're coming off a short week. They're coming off a lucky piece of incompetance/good fortune with their last second TD on Monday night. And we're playing them at home. To me, this is must win. Even the record up going into what will be a tough intra-divisional match-up vs. Arizona.

Arizona is a bit better than people probably thought they'd be, but hardly a juggernaut incapable of being beaten. Kevin Kolb and/or John Skelton aren't going to remind anyone of Dan Marino. And again, we're at home. Gotta' win your home games.

And Miami is not a good football team, their win vs. Oakland notwithstanding. Though we'll be on the road, we will have the benefit of 10 days off and extra rest from the previous week's Thursday game.

On top of that, Jeff Fisher is a better coach and has much more NFL experience than the three head coaches of our opponents. These are the games you have to take advantage of to show that A) we have indeed made significant improvements to our football team and B) we will be relevant in Nov/Dec during the last third of the NFL schedule.

Gotta' get the job done. It starts this Sunday.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: A Pivotal Three Weeks

I agree NJ this stretch especially the next two home games that will be played on a very short week being a Thursday night game.

Fisher has to be telling this team look if we can beat the Hawks on Sunday that will make a statement. We will be 2-2 and then have a chance to face the Cards that maybe 4-0 as they face the Fins this week. Thursday night national TV against a 4-0 team, this could be the moment to gain some respect from your peers.

First things first we have to play great this week and beat the Hawks.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I hate to say it but both Seattle and Arizona have very tough defenses. If anything they both need to improve on offense. Does that sound familiar? These are 2 very tough games for us....keeping my fingers crossed!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I hate to say it but both Seattle and Arizona have very tough defenses. If anything they both need to improve on offense. Does that sound familiar? These are 2 very tough games for us....keeping my fingers crossed!

Agreed. Our offensive line is going to have their work cut out for them. That's the crucial element between a win and a loss in my opinion. Our defense can certainly contain all of those offenses.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    The Rams have three very winnable games the next three weeks. There is absolutely no reason to think they cannot win them and in my opinion, must take advantage of this part of their schedule and go at least 2-1, especially with games vs. Green Bay, New England and San Francisco all in a row starting week 7.

Let's start with Seattle. They have a rookie QB. They're coming off a short week. They're coming off a lucky piece of incompetance/good fortune with their last second TD on Monday night. And we're playing them at home. To me, this is must win. Even the record up going into what will be a tough intra-divisional match-up vs. Arizona.

Arizona is a bit better than people probably thought they'd be, but hardly a juggernaut incapable of being beaten. Kevin Kolb and/or John Skelton aren't going to remind anyone of Dan Marino. And again, we're at home. Gotta' win your home games.

And Miami is not a good football team, their win vs. Oakland notwithstanding. Though we'll be on the road, we will have the benefit of 10 days off and extra rest from the previous week's Thursday game.

On top of that, Jeff Fisher is a better coach and has much more NFL experience than the three head coaches of our opponents. These are the games you have to take advantage of to show that A) we have indeed made significant improvements to our football team and B) we will be relevant in Nov/Dec during the last third of the NFL schedule.

Gotta' get the job done. It starts this Sunday.
    I completely agree. The Seattle game itself is a pivotal one. We need to win this weekend big time.

Rambos is online now Registered User

We will have an extra 3 days to prepare for the fins should help us in that game.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Well, we'll certainly get an idea where the Rams are in their rebuild process after these 3 games and in the NFC West in particular. It turns out that the Redskins have a very bad defense so that game may not have been the barometer some hoped for in judging the Rams offense. We'll know way more after these 3 games.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

With the rest of the division playing as surprisingly well as they have the last few weeks (I can't believe I'm saying that), we're going to need to take every opportunity to take them down a peg. If we can't take Seattle at home, it'll be a bad sign. Their defense is good, but I don't think they have the kind of pass rush that we've faced against the Bears and Redskins (before they lost Orakpo). Seattle was 19th in the league in sacks last year. I'd rather Sam had time to throw against a good secondary than take hits all game from a good defensive line while trying to throw on the run against a suspect secondary. Their offensive line is somewhat banged up, they have a rookie quarterback or possibly a quarterback controversy between Wilson and Flynn, and they don't really have a Larry Fitzgerald or even a Michael Crabtree in the receiving corps (unless Sydney Rice suddenly starts playing like it's 2009). I'm not saying it'll be an easy game, but it's the kind we have to win if we want to be playing for anything other than high draft picks in December.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what is happening out in Arizona. They're ranked 31st in offensive yards in the league. Ryan Williams has taken three games to break 100 yards rushing! They don't have an Anquan Boldin or even a Steve Breaston opposite Fitzgerald. Their defense is good but not elite. On paper, there's not a lot of reason to think they'd be much better than they were last year, and yet they've knocked off two good teams in the last two weeks. Hard to tell what we're really up against there at this point. Can they keep it up or are they going to fall back to earth sometime in the next few weeks?

I agree that Miami does not look like a particularly good team right now. If we can contain Reggie Bush, we should be able to win that game.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -09-28-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    live4ramin likes this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

It IS an interesting & frustrating moment for this new regime. A lot of the pieces they brought in,imo, specifically for the NFCW are not up & running yet or already out of the picture.And strangely,some of the big acquisitions for The Hags & Curds are also in various states of mystery.Wilson starting over Flynn. Rice is warming up but Tate has outshone Braylon Edwards. Who's the AZ QB this week ? Wells is out for a while,no ? Floyd hasn't set the world on fire.

All three teams have some strengths but are seriously flawed in ways that it's difficult to predict an overall advantage.Ugly dogfights, both games, I'm thinking.How healthy The Rams are when the smoke clears will heavily influence the Miami game. Not sure these guys can win on the road without a stronger run game & that means at least a healthy SJ & no more injuries to the OL.

Home games take on even more significance because of the London gig as well.Why can't it be considered an away game for both teams ? May have fattened Stan's wallet but a lousy deal for the team.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-28-2012 at 03:54 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Wait a second the season starts NOW!!! Why do I say that??? Well we don't know what kind of impact these replacement refs had on our players. Hopefully this week will emerge Fisher new brand football and our defense will be all out. If this is the case I like our chances. Just a thought with Brockers back and our defense coming up key stops our offense can spend more time on the field developing. I'm calling a low scoring game at the dome Rams 13 Seahawks 10

one game at a time!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

taking care of the football will be huge these next 2 games. i think both games are going to be about possession and field position. we CAN get into a defensive battle with these two teams no doubt, but our O has to push the issue and and do something with the ball to keep those defenses on their feet. we were in that game last week against the bears. in the beginning we put ourselves in position to win but the bears did better when we made mistakes.