Revenge is offline Registered User

The plan all along?

With A.J Feeley out this week with a injury to his hand, Sam Bradford will start. but I think even If A.J Hadn't gotten injured, Sam would still end up starting this game. the plan I think was to ease Sam through the first 2 games, and then Let him start the 3rd game where the starters play into the 3rd Qrt. the only difference now is that Spags can say that Sam is only starting because of the Injury to A.J, I think it's clear that Sam will be our opening day starter, IF he drives us down the field againts the Pats.

Go Rams

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: The plan all along?

I don't know. His first two performances did nothing to earn him the starter role, even with mitigating factors such as bad o-line play and weather aside. Combined with the short time between games (Meaning fewer practices) I would have predicted Feeley to start this game, and give Sam at least a chance to start the 4th game if for no other reason than to see him with the first team offense.

I would have thought that was in the plan from the start if Bradford played well, but unfortunately he didn't. At least not well enough to prove he should start this game, but he gets to anyway. I have no doubt Bradford will continue to get better, just saying that I don't think he would start this game if Feeley hadn't hurt his thumb.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
    With A.J Feeley out this week with a injury to his hand, Sam Bradford will start. but I think even If A.J Hadn't gotten injured, Sam would still end up starting this game. the plan I think was to ease Sam through the first 2 games, and then Let him start the 3rd game where the starters play into the 3rd Qrt. the only difference now is that Spags can say that Sam is only starting because of the Injury to A.J, I think it's clear that Sam will be our opening day starter, IF he drives us down the field againts the Pats.

Go Rams
    BIG IF. If he does, he starts clear cut. If not, then he sits and works on his craft until he gets another chance and proves himself.

Am I confident that he can do it ? Not really based on what Ive seen. Personally , either he is not ready yet or the offense just sucks on the whole. It is just TOO stagnant with no real threats, not to mention an O-LINE that, even though has talent, still has a lot of work to do and a lot to prove. But what I DO know right now is that one of these two is sucking. Do I hope he drives us down the field? Hell yeah! But it still has to happen , and what better a team for us to play than the Pats. This is the perfect test for Bradford. I REALLY HOPE HE KICKS YOU KNOW WHAT. It just wont look good or be a good thing for this offense, and this franchise's future, for Bradford to have anything other than a successful opening drive. I mean come on now guys, can we please get this show rolling for God's sake? We are 6-42 or something like that over the last three seasons, our offense sucks, and we havent had a franchise QB since kurt Warner ( Bulger was ok but he just didnt feel like it). WE NEED TO GET THE TRAIN ROLLING ON OUR FUTURE. When all of this is happening, dont you think anxiety, pride, and other feelings come into play? Dont you want to see the ball moving down field and the offense putting up points ASAP? If you dont want to see that then you must have not been watching Rams football for the past three or four years.
    Last edited by rNemesis; -08-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

The Plan may have been for SAM all along, and his play has been mediocre at best so far.
    What SAM needs are some weapons. WE are very weak at the receiver spot and we all know that the line needs alot of help. Without Steven Jackson the rest of the runningbacks are non-exsistant.
    Ofcourse, Bradford was the 'Plan all along'. Along the same lines, the Rams need a good GamePlan with Bradford being at the helm.
    This game, Thursday night against the Pats will determine if SAM starts or sits game 1 of the regular season. If he can impress against New England, I'll be the 1st to say.."PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM!" for Openning Day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trevor is offline Registered User

It'll be his first real test to see him play at a pro level.. I'm hoping that he does awesome.