Shale is offline Registered User

Playbook: Bradford's debut analysis (video link)

Check out the analysis on Bradford on NFL.com ...

NFL Videos: Playbook: Bradford's debut analysis

"Digger" (dgr828, yeah, you now have a pet name from me!) will love the fact that they state "he does more bad than good" but it shows a lot of potential. Once the kid gets the reads he will be hitting a lot more of those 55 passes.

A week later, the future is still bright

</shale>

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Playbook: Bradford's debut analysis (video link)

Best part about that analysis, all things that can be worked on. Shoot man, I didn't realize how close we were to not just winning that game, but dominating it. Sam just needed to be a split second faster on a few of those throws, and bam we win by three TD's. THe kid will learn, I agree, his future is definitely bright!

(Digger= instant classic.)

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I like this trio of analysts. Especially Mike Mayock.....but come on Soloman Wilcots nothing like stated the obvious, "If they keep Bradford healthy he will get better".

GO RAMS!!!!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Seriously tantalizing stuff. And so much for the theory that The Rams WRs aren't getting open at all or that Shurmur can't design & call plays that will work.

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Yah from the playbook it looks like all of our plays got a receiver open. Just Bradford missed the throw. But he also made the throw plenty of times. Just a rookie thing. By the end of the season he will be making those throws.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Wow I didnt realize how open Bajema was untill i saw this clip. Too bad Sam was a little slow with his progression. Like said above though these are all things he will improve on. Also I dont think he did more bad than good I actually think he was very impressive for a rookie. He made mistakes but every rookie qb does. I'm excited to see this kid get better each week.
    Just Fix It

39thebeast is offline Registered User

So much for the Rams guys never being open. Shows how little fans can see without breaking down tape

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Wow I didnt realize how open Bajema was untill i saw this clip. Too bad Sam was a little slow with his progression. Like said above though these are all things he will improve on. Also I dont think he did more bad than good I actually think he was very impressive for a rookie. He made mistakes but every rookie qb does. I'm excited to see this kid get better each week.
    Agreed. I feel like I was one of the few people who was critical of Sam - albeit not that much, really - for the second interception just because I didn't feel like his throw gave the tight end any chance of making a play. But watching the coach's tape, it's clear Bajema was pretty wide open a few seconds earlier, and this was another missed opportunity. Still, I agree with you - that's something I expect Sam will improve upon as he continues to get used to the speed of the game and gains more comfort in the offensive system. The mistakes that showed up in this analysis all seemed to be things that are correctable with more time, practice, and experience.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Shoot man, I didn't realize how close we were to not just winning that game, but dominating it. Sam just needed to be a split second faster on a few of those throws, and bam we win by three TD's
    -----------------------------------------

Not to put a downer on things, but im sure the same could be said for arizona. They had various off target throws, and missed open receivers. It flips both sides. Anderson connected when it mattered, but the point is a more experienced Bradford might have read those early throws giving us a better chance to win that game. It all depends on what happens on the day

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Shoot man, I didn't realize how close we were to not just winning that game, but dominating it. Sam just needed to be a split second faster on a few of those throws, and bam we win by three TD's
    -----------------------------------------

Not to put a downer on things, but im sure the same could be said for arizona. They had various off target throws, and missed open receivers. It flips both sides. Anderson connected when it mattered, but the point is a more experienced Bradford might have read those early throws giving us a better chance to win that game. It all depends on what happens on the day
    Good point, that's why you play the game. Sure we were close, but ultimately didn't get it done, and sure, Arizona was close on a lot of plays too. But my point was, in the first time in three years, the plays were there to be made, just fractions of a second to late. With experience the game will slow down for Sam, and then we will special things happen, plays will be made, and the Rams will win games!

Bing69 is offline Registered User

I knew what you were getting at, just seems like everyone forgets about the other team and the plays they could have made too. Certainly i feel we had more oppertunities that Arizona had to win it, and hopefully Bradford will progess quickly enough to see them plays sooner and get the ball out

Joey is offline Registered User

I have to say for a first game in the NFL I was very impressed by Bradford. Just the way he managed himself and the game I thought was indicative of good things to come. Missing an open receiver or two isn't nearly as important as being an integral part of keeping the Rams in that game right till the end. I definitely thought at times the Rams were going to win that game, and that alone is a huge success for Bradford and the Rams. Good luck the rest of the way, I am stoked to see the Rams rise from the ashes, but the Niners are still going to take two from you this year. :-p