Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Playcalling to blame for Seattle loss? No way ...

Was he rolling his eyes when he said that?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Was he rolling his eyes when he said that?
    It kills you that the players like, respect and support Linehan doesn't it?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Linefan View Post
    Were not all on the same side. Avengerram doesn't want to see the Rams win. All he cares about is being right about Linehan. If tragedy strikes and Linehan is fired, he'll gloat and never let us hear the end of it. Then, if the Rams improve at all next year, he'll say "I told you so."
    Wait...what? You've been here all of seven minutes and you're making accusations like that? Maybe the limited amount of posts you can view as a lurker has distorted your perception of the truth, but the objective for ANY Rams fan is to see their team win. That's why we're called fans. That's why we're a part of a board called Clanram.

And you're worried about someone gloating?

Talk up, bud.
    Don't worry though, when Linehan comes back in 2008 and the Rams win the Super Bowl I'll be sure to gloat!
    Contradictions, here? IIf the Rams improve next year under Linehan, you'd be "sure to gloat!" If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black i'm not sure what is.

Of course, Linehan will get snatched up by another team and do great. Then we'll get our last laugh against Avengerram, but it will be bad for the Rams.
    Name me one coach from the past 10 years who got fired from one head coaching job in the NFL, only to walk right into another and win a superbowl their first year. Jon Gruden doesn't count as there was compensation (First round draft picks.)

But the point is, I don't think anyone truly wants to have the "last laugh" around here.
    Though we have differing opinions, everyone gets along, and that's what makes the Clan such a great forum. These personal attacks are bad, mate. It upsets our general unity as a Clan, and, worst of all, you get bad karma. "You do realize its just a message board, though, right?"

I think raiderh8rmike, nick and I should start a club. We seem to be the only ones (maybe a couple of others) who have a brain when it comes to Linehan.
    I don't see Nick or Mike arguing anywhere that Linehan is the greatest HC we've had in a long while, or that the Rams are certain to win the superbowl. I'm damn certain they don't think that Av is some sort of evil conspirant, who has "created his own little world where he is king."

The general premise of the few Linehan faithful is not that he is the best HC in the world, but that he's had too many injuries to his franchise to allow the organisation, (and us fans) to successfully evaluate his talent under the circumstances. We want to see how he goes with a healthy roster, but if he stays, we stay healthy and we still stink, I'd have no problem admitting I was wrong, and that Av and the rest of the Scott Linehan Opposition Party really did have their heads screwed tight.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It kills you that the players like, respect and support Linehan doesn't it?
    Let me ask you this...

If a newspaper reporter put a microphone in front of you and asked "what do you think of your boss," would you be candid, or diplomatic?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Let me ask you this...

If a newspaper reporter put a microphone in front of you and asked "what do you think of your boss," would you be candid, or diplomatic?
    Like many other players none too impressed with their coach, I think I might say nothing.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

This is excellent entertainment guys. Keep up the good work. This is better than actually watching a Ram game.

Let me ask you this...

Spin things anyway you want Av, Linehan's players have been fiercly loyal to him. Maybe if the player comments were vague or rare or even remotely critical, you might have a point, but they have not been and you don't. The players have spoken with detailed conviction time and time again in support of a coach they obviously like and respect.

The fact that Linehan's players back him tells me they think he's doing what needs to be done, and they know better than any fan group on a crusade.

I'll admit that Bulger's eye roll had me questioning Linehan, but that incident was obviously nothing, was quickly forgotten and is now a distant memory. Since then, Bulger has repeatedly praised Linehan and gone far beyond what might be called "diplomatic" in his statements to the press. As long as the team leaders continue to support Linehan, so will I.

By the way, I'm an independant contractor so I have no boss to be candid or diplomatic about.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

fiercely loyal you say.....wow. I have not seen or read anything to make me beleive that the players are fiercely loyal to Linehan. There is no mutiny at the moment, but that does not mean they support their current head coach or even believe in him.

Great response Bar-bq to our new, very vocal, poster Linefan. Linefan....haha You can't come in here and upset the Clan's balance that easily. I seriously doubt you will be creating any binding groups as a newcomer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    fiercely loyal you say.....wow. I have not seen or read anything to make me beleive that the players are fiercely loyal to Linehan. There is no mutiny at the moment, but that does not mean they support their current head coach or even believe in him.
    Have you read the many comments by Bulger and those of Holt and Draft to name a few? They paint a pretty convincing case for loyalty. You can fiind them scattered in many articles that have been posted here at ClanRam.

I can understand the Linehaters not wanting to accept the players supporting Linehan because it flies in the face of the campaign they're trying to wage.

I must admit Utter, you're one of the only posters I've seen that makes the case that the statements don't reflect support for Linehan. The prevailing stance for the vast majority of Linehaters is that the players are paying lip servce, being diplomatic or just plain not being truthful.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Let me ask you this...

Your question seems like it assumes you don't like your boss and have to choose between honest about your dislikes or hide them through diplomatic answers. But if you like your boss, you don't have to worry about these things and can just speak freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I don't see Nick or Mike arguing anywhere that Linehan is the greatest HC we've had in a long while, or that the Rams are certain to win the superbowl. I'm damn certain they don't think that Av is some sort of evil conspirant, who has "created his own little world where he is king."

The general premise of the few Linehan faithful is not that he is the best HC in the world, but that he's had too many injuries to his franchise to allow the organisation, (and us fans) to successfully evaluate his talent under the circumstances. We want to see how he goes with a healthy roster, but if he stays, we stay healthy and we still stink, I'd have no problem admitting I was wrong, and that Av and the rest of the Scott Linehan Opposition Party really did have their heads screwed tight.
    Absolutely outstanding post that nails the way I see things with Linehan and the debate. Great job as usual Bar-bq. I have to spead it around before I can give you Rep
    points, but rest assured, they're coming mate!

Have you read the many comments by Bulger and those of Holt and Draft to name a few? They paint a pretty convincing case for loyalty. You can fiind them scattered in many articles that have been posted here at ClanRam.

I can understand the Linehaters not wanting to accept the players supporting Linehan because it flies in the face of the campaign they're trying to wage.

I must admit Utter, you're one of the only posters I've seen that makes the case that the statements don't reflect support for Linehan. The prevailing stance for the vast majority of Linehaters is that the players are paying lip servce, being diplomatic or just plain not being truthful.
    Perhaps I have not been reading enough of the articles, but I have not read anything that gives me a feeling that the players are behind Linehan.

Lip service is common. We all do it, especially when we are being paid to be part of a group. Truthful comments are not the norm in today's society.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lip service is common. We all do it, especially when we are being paid to be part of a group. Truthful comments are not the norm in today's society.
    I guess this makes it unanimous.

I guess this makes it unanimous.
    I am just talking about my work in this case. I am not a football player and I don't know enough about what the players are saying or not saying to make the call. All I know is that no statement made by any of the Rams players has convinced me that they are loyal to Linehan. I would give lipservice to the coaches and the press if I was getting the kind of money that they are, and then I would get my agent to look around for another team if I was unhappy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am just talking about my work in this case. I am not a football player and I don't know enough about what the players are saying or not saying to make the call. All I know is that no statement made by any of the Rams players has convinced me that they are loyal to Linehan. I would give lipservice to the coaches and the press if I was getting the kind of money that they are, and then I would get my agent to look around for another team if I was unhappy.
    Okay Utter. We're just trying to have fun, right?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast