View Poll Results: Which player added/retained this offseason will have the biggest impact on 2014?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenny Britt

9 40.91%
  • Greg Robinson

5 22.73%
  • Aaron Donald

4 18.18%
  • Rodger Saffold

2 9.09%
  • Other(who?)

2 9.09%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QUINNtessentialTruth
  • 1 Post By mde8352gorams

Thread: Which player added/retained this offseason will have the biggest impact on 2014?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Which player added/retained this offseason will have the biggest impact on 2014?

Obviously, I made a similar poll involving G. Williams, and he's running away with it.

This poll should be a lot more balanced.

Re: Which player added/retained this offseason will have the biggest impact on 2014?

This choice is a lot tougher than the previous poll.

I think any of these guys could prove to be the most valuable in 2014.

I went Saffold. He has proven he's Pro-Bowl caliber guard, and an above average(at least) tackle. He's been a key piece to our offensive line, and we really lucked out when the Raiders voided his contract. Now, if he could just stay healthy, he will be one of the best in the league.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: Which player added/retained this offseason will have the biggest impact on 2014?

Who do I want it to be?
    Kenny Britt, because that means our offense could be an actual threat. Which leads to entire Offense getting better including Bradford.

Who do I think it will be?
    Aaron Donald. Placing him in that line, I think he will get a TFL and some sacks. He will also make it easier for Long and Quinn on the outside to step up there game even more (Even better than Quinns last year). And in my book that also counts
    Bar-bq likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I think all of the names listed will have a sizable impact. To make the poll a bit more interesting I'm going to add Tre Mason to the conversation. He's more athletic than ZS and and will probably have more exciting make them miss type runs, but Zac will still be the "bell cow" back with more yards.

By the same token I would also consider Lamarcus Joyner as I suspect he'll be inserted at Free Safety unless another DB surfaces. I just feel LJ will be the best at the spot as we can find a nickel back amongst the other CB's on the squad.

Go Rams!
    RealRam likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

It's really hard to judge an individual offensive lineman's impact on his own, particularly an interior lineman.

The Oline must work as a unit.

So for that reason, IMO, it's a tossup between Aaron Donald, Kenny Britt or other, provided injuries are not a major factor.

Said another way, I don't think it will be an individual Olineman.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -06-16-2014 at 08:42 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Here's hoping KB will come in seriously determined to return to his best form AND PERFORM. I'm rooting for him to be part of our 2014 impact players.

emuen is offline Registered User

I voted other, as Joyner will have the biggest impact of the players added. Finnegan played poorly, and McGee was a disaster at CB. With all the nickle-packages of todays NFL, you need three CBs that can't be picked on by the opposing team. Hopefully Joyner can get the job done.

Randart is offline Registered User

Well 3 of us think our new starting left guard could be this guy... We will or should be able to run equally well to either side now and have better pass pro. Even though it is a weakness in Greg's game I think being inside at guard with two Vets flanking him should allow the rookie to adjust quickly. For our offensive line the way it is setup he could have been the best choice for us in this draft! We were pretty thin at guard but now with the signing of Joesph and Barrett getting healthy it is a deep position for us. If Greg Robinson is making a big to huge impact for our team we have to be rolling it up on offense! This is exciting, hope as some of you said all these guys can make an impact, that would be ideal!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It's really hard to judge an individual offensive lineman's impact on his own, particularly an interior lineman.
    That's just simply not true.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RuffRams View Post
    Who do I want it to be?
    Kenny Britt, because that means our offense could be an actual threat. Which leads to entire Offense getting better including Bradford.

Who do I think it will be?
    Aaron Donald. Placing him in that line, I think he will get a TFL and some sacks. He will also make it easier for Long and Quinn on the outside to step up there game even more (Even better than Quinns last year). And in my book that also counts
    I agree 100% with this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    That's just simply not true.
    Interesting. I'd love to hear you elaborate on this. For what it's worth, I don't know heaps about how easy or difficult it is to grade individual linemen.