throwback week

View Poll Results: Which player will STOP disappointing us in 2008?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Bennett - healthy and motiviated, he'll cause matchup problems for small CBs.

16 29.09%
  • Alex Barron - he'll finally mature and live up to his potential.

9 16.36%
  • Richie Incognito - no... he'll finally mature and live up to his potential.

9 16.36%
  • Claude Wroten - will make the most of his last chance.

4 7.27%
  • Pisa Tinoisamoa - will stay healthy and become a playmaker.

1 1.82%
  • Tye Hill - will play so well that nobody, not even Tx, will question his ability.

11 20.00%
  • Somebody else?

5 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which Player Will Finally STOP Disappointing Us?

Who will emerge in 2008?

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Which Player Will Finally STOP Disappointing Us?

It was a tough choice for me between Incognito and Hill, but I've gone with the latter. I hope he becomes a stud, aided by our new pass rush.

I've resigned myself to the fact that Barron is going to be average at best. Sort of like Kwame Harris or Kenyatta Walker. If Tinoisamoa were to stay healthy, we all know what he can do, but I wouldn't put the house on it. Wroten I'd love to see emerge but will have to surprise me. And Bennett....oh Bennett. What ever will we do with you?

Milan Guest

I voted for Alex Barron. Not because I believe he will, but because I'm hopeful he will, he's a first round draft pick and it would help us out a lot if he played like one.

Ramer Guest

I think Bennett is going to show us why we picked him up last year.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

I chose Bennett. Yeah he's getting overpaid, by im going to give him the the injury excuse. I believe he has the chance to strive in this vertical offense of Al's. His size should give him an advantage as well. Theres a reason why this guy has big expectations next year, And I think he can live up to them.

stlramman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I voted for Alex Barron. Not because I believe he will, but because I'm hopeful he will, he's a first round draft pick and it would help us out a lot if he played like one.
    I voted for Barron for the same reason. I am hopefull that the coaching staff will ride his *** so hard that he will finally realize his potential. This is his make or break year.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Cogs. Saunders will end up straightening the kid out, even if it takes giving the kid a jock strap wedgie. Nah, serious, he will finally turn his agression into productivity.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

tough one between hill and Barron for me. I'm actualy a semi' barron fan and this year I think he will settle in a RT and play well just hoping Pace stays healthy. If not i'd with T-Hizzy

Chris58 is offline Registered User

For fun, I went with "other" as in Josh Brown. Now that he can't beat us with FG's in the final seconds of games, I'm hoping his kicking success for us will bring good fortune.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I went with Incognito because his main issue seems to be reining himself in. He seems to have the talent to succeed at his position, and he definitely has the competitive fire for it.

The trouble with Barron is that he still struggles as a right tackle, but his relative strength as a pass blocker is better fitted for the more pivotal left tackle slot. He might ultimately be a solid right tackle, but he's not going to be a mauler in the running game. On the other hand, he's already jumpy on the right side without having to go against the opposing team's top pass rushers as often. So at this point I'd feel uneasy forecasting him as a starter on the left.

Hill...well, I don't know what to expect. He has looked pretty good for a young guy, but how many times have we heard that about Fisher, Butler, Bartell, Hill, Wade...? We've always got young corners with potential. He seems to be continuing what is becoming an unfortunate Rams tradition of players keeping stride with the receiver but not playing the ball.

Bennett is just a maybe. New system, competition from the rookies, big boots to fill. He could benefit from a move back to the outside. Or maybe not. And how much was his performance last season hampered by injury? There are just too many unknowns for me to guess how he'll pan out this time around.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I chose Bennett. Hes proven in the past that he is a solid wr in the nfl. Last year was just a bad year for many of the rams. But unlike most of the players on the list, Bennett is a proven wr and i believe he will return to form this year.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

ive gone for Hill in light of our supposedly improved pass rush

rampower is offline Registered User

On the basis of the fact that we have saunders, a hopefully healthy offense, I went for bennett. He has been quite a good receiver in this league. Incognito, Barron, Wroten have all been disapointing one way or another, pisa injury prone and our D has lost a linebacker, gained a lineman who may take time to adjust, so I feel hill will play well, but the biggest dramatic turn around will be bennetts.

Unfortunately for him though he wont do enough to stop people thinking about his predecessor.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd say there's a good chance for any of them except Wroten and Barron. You can't fix stupid, nor can you fix immature & lazy. These two have incredible physical talent, but "work ethic" is not something that develops. You either got it or you don't.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamOfDenmark Guest
    I voted Incognito - not that I think he's been a big disappointment so far for the 3rd rounder we used. But he can get a lot better and I think this will be his breakout year where he takes advantage of his intensity without the penalties and becomes a real mauler in the run game while more than holding his own pass-blocking. Incognito at RG and Bell at LG - I want to see us pulling those guards and putting them out in space in front of Steven Jackson on outside runs occasionally, and I'm pretty sure Saunders agrees, it worked to perfection for him in KC and I think it could work here too.

I wanted to vote for Pisa he can be a real playmaker when healthy but I just can't bet anything on him making it through a whole year without injuries - looking at history it doesn't seem likely. It's a shame because he can be good when 100% healthy - he has the talent and will to make it, but injuries stop him. I hope he proves all us doubters wrong by staying healthy.
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -06-02-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast