RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Players we should look into getting.

I was looking at the ESPN Rumors and some players that are availible. And we should look at getting some of them:

Corey Simon DT Eagles
    Grady Jackson DT Packers

Doresett Davis DE Broncos
    John Abraham DE Jets
    Charles Woodson CB Raiders
    Orlando Ruff LB Browns

I mean If we got Simon or Jackson that would really plug up the middle. Right now we are having trouble in the Secondary and Charles Woodson would certainly help that. If Hargrove doesn't work out Abraham or Davis could fill in. If nothing else Davis would give us depth. And Ruff would give us depth at LB cause like others I don't like Robert Thomas. But the ones in bold are the ones I think we should look into.

RamsFan16

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Players we should look into getting.

I Wouldn't Touch Charles Woodson. He's Damaged Goods, Only Plays Half A Season Every Year For The Raiders. I Think We're Fine For Now, If We Keep It In-house And Build From Within. We're Ok!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The only three I'd be interested in are Woodson, Abraham, and Simon. But that said, I don't think it's worth going after any of them.

Woodson would be virtually impossible. He signed his franchise tender, which is valued at $10,537,000. Which means in order to trade for him, we'd have to clear that much room under the cap to acquire that contract. As I understand it, even if we agreed to a new deal with him, we'd have to clear that room to acquire him via trade since that's his current cap number.

Abraham's the same way - I don't think he's even signed his tender yet, which he'd have to do before a trade could be completed. That means clearing $6.7M in cap space to acquire him. Same goes for Corey Simon. His tender is for $5.13 million, and he hasn't signed it. So not only would we have to trade picks to acquire these players and cut some guys from our roster to make room under the cap for them, but then we'd have to sign them to big long term deals, because that's what all three want.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Ok thanks guys for not smashing me for this thread. Thanks for your opinions
    RamsFan16

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Ok thanks guys for not smashing me for this thread. Thanks for your opinions

LOL.........RamsFan16...........LOL.......Nobody means to smash you here! It's all good!LOL

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I was looking at the ESPN Rumors and some players that are availible. And we should look at getting some of them:

Corey Simon DT Eagles
    Grady Jackson DT Packers

Doresett Davis DE Broncos
    John Abraham DE Jets
    Charles Woodson CB Raiders
    Orlando Ruff LB Browns

I mean If we got Simon or Jackson that would really plug up the middle. Right now we are having trouble in the Secondary and Charles Woodson would certainly help that. If Hargrove doesn't work out Abraham or Davis could fill in. If nothing else Davis would give us depth. And Ruff would give us depth at LB cause like others I don't like Robert Thomas. But the ones in bold are the ones I think we should look into.
    I'd love to see us get some of these guys as well, but the economics of the situation just won't allow it. Between carving out enough cap room and sacrificing entire future drafts to get them, I just can't see it happening. Having said that, I would love to see Grady Jackson here. Yes, I know his function is basically the same as Pickett and Kennedy, but there's just something you have to like about this morbidly obese mountain of a man in the middle of the D-line.

As for Woodson, my acute case of Postonitis flares up just thinking about him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'd love to see us get some of these guys as well, but the economics of the situation just won't allow it. Between carving out enough cap room and sacrificing entire future drafts to get them, I just can't see it happening. Having said that, I would love to see Grady Jackson here. Yes, I know his function is basically the same as Pickett and Kennedy, but there's just something you have to like about this morbidly obese mountain of a man in the middle of the D-line.

As for Woodson, my acute case of Postonitis flares up just thinking about him.
    Maybe its that he is 345 pounds?
    RamsFan16

BobNWeave is offline Registered User

Pass on all

I think the DT's will be fine this year, looking for Kennedy to really break out. D end may be a place to look to upgrade but I think Hargrove is a stud in the making. Little hasn't been the same since well, I don't like talking about it. LB- I think 5-0, Claiborne & Coakley are a good group. Corner-Yes, help us please! But not Woodson. I don't know why we didn't pursue Smoot.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Having said that, I would love to see Grady Jackson here. Yes, I know his function is basically the same as Pickett and Kennedy, but there's just something you have to like about this morbidly obese mountain of a man in the middle of the D-line.
    Not when that moprbidly obese mountain of a man is currently on the PUP list.

Still on that subject, has anyone noticed that Jimmy Kennedy and Ryan Pickett look bigger. I was watching the game and just happened to notice that we now have two fat guys clogging the middle.

GameTime is offline Registered User

I thought we did a great job this year in the free agent market. good players at a value price. Have the rams ever signed a big time free agent other than faulk a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime
    I thought we did a great job this year in the free agent market. good players at a value price. Have the rams ever signed a big time free agent other than faulk a few years ago?
    Well, actually Faulk was a trade.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I assume we are not counting the human air conditioner aka jamie duncan as a big free agent signing. He created more breezes with his swing and miss style of tackling than any recent ram of memory, including the much maligned rich coady. The good news with duncan was at least he was out of position enough to avoid missing the tackle on every play.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Have the rams ever signed a big time free agent other than faulk a few years ago?
    Aeneas Williams was a big signing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Aeneas Williams was a big signing.
    I believe he too was a trade.

GameTime is offline Registered User

I stand corrected on the Faulk non-signing. Good Call