Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Players we should look into getting.

    I was looking at the ESPN Rumors and some players that are availible. And we should look at getting some of them:

    Corey Simon DT Eagles
    Grady Jackson DT Packers

    Doresett Davis DE Broncos
    John Abraham DE Jets
    Charles Woodson CB Raiders
    Orlando Ruff LB Browns

    I mean If we got Simon or Jackson that would really plug up the middle. Right now we are having trouble in the Secondary and Charles Woodson would certainly help that. If Hargrove doesn't work out Abraham or Davis could fill in. If nothing else Davis would give us depth. And Ruff would give us depth at LB cause like others I don't like Robert Thomas. But the ones in bold are the ones I think we should look into.

    RamsFan16

  2. #2
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    I Wouldn't Touch Charles Woodson. He's Damaged Goods, Only Plays Half A Season Every Year For The Raiders. I Think We're Fine For Now, If We Keep It In-house And Build From Within. We're Ok!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,522
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    The only three I'd be interested in are Woodson, Abraham, and Simon. But that said, I don't think it's worth going after any of them.

    Woodson would be virtually impossible. He signed his franchise tender, which is valued at $10,537,000. Which means in order to trade for him, we'd have to clear that much room under the cap to acquire that contract. As I understand it, even if we agreed to a new deal with him, we'd have to clear that room to acquire him via trade since that's his current cap number.

    Abraham's the same way - I don't think he's even signed his tender yet, which he'd have to do before a trade could be completed. That means clearing $6.7M in cap space to acquire him. Same goes for Corey Simon. His tender is for $5.13 million, and he hasn't signed it. So not only would we have to trade picks to acquire these players and cut some guys from our roster to make room under the cap for them, but then we'd have to sign them to big long term deals, because that's what all three want.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  4. #4
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Ok thanks guys for not smashing me for this thread. Thanks for your opinions
    RamsFan16

  5. #5
    talkstoangels61's Avatar
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    53
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Ok thanks guys for not smashing me for this thread. Thanks for your opinions


    LOL.........RamsFan16...........LOL.......Nobody means to smash you here! It's all good!LOL

  6. #6
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I was looking at the ESPN Rumors and some players that are availible. And we should look at getting some of them:

    Corey Simon DT Eagles
    Grady Jackson DT Packers

    Doresett Davis DE Broncos
    John Abraham DE Jets
    Charles Woodson CB Raiders
    Orlando Ruff LB Browns

    I mean If we got Simon or Jackson that would really plug up the middle. Right now we are having trouble in the Secondary and Charles Woodson would certainly help that. If Hargrove doesn't work out Abraham or Davis could fill in. If nothing else Davis would give us depth. And Ruff would give us depth at LB cause like others I don't like Robert Thomas. But the ones in bold are the ones I think we should look into.
    I'd love to see us get some of these guys as well, but the economics of the situation just won't allow it. Between carving out enough cap room and sacrificing entire future drafts to get them, I just can't see it happening. Having said that, I would love to see Grady Jackson here. Yes, I know his function is basically the same as Pickett and Kennedy, but there's just something you have to like about this morbidly obese mountain of a man in the middle of the D-line.

    As for Woodson, my acute case of Postonitis flares up just thinking about him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #7
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'd love to see us get some of these guys as well, but the economics of the situation just won't allow it. Between carving out enough cap room and sacrificing entire future drafts to get them, I just can't see it happening. Having said that, I would love to see Grady Jackson here. Yes, I know his function is basically the same as Pickett and Kennedy, but there's just something you have to like about this morbidly obese mountain of a man in the middle of the D-line.

    As for Woodson, my acute case of Postonitis flares up just thinking about him.
    Maybe its that he is 345 pounds?
    RamsFan16

  8. #8
    BobNWeave is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,IA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Pass on all

    I think the DT's will be fine this year, looking for Kennedy to really break out. D end may be a place to look to upgrade but I think Hargrove is a stud in the making. Little hasn't been the same since well, I don't like talking about it. LB- I think 5-0, Claiborne & Coakley are a good group. Corner-Yes, help us please! But not Woodson. I don't know why we didn't pursue Smoot.

  9. #9
    ZigZagRam's Avatar
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Having said that, I would love to see Grady Jackson here. Yes, I know his function is basically the same as Pickett and Kennedy, but there's just something you have to like about this morbidly obese mountain of a man in the middle of the D-line.
    Not when that moprbidly obese mountain of a man is currently on the PUP list.

    Still on that subject, has anyone noticed that Jimmy Kennedy and Ryan Pickett look bigger. I was watching the game and just happened to notice that we now have two fat guys clogging the middle.

  10. #10
    GameTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    St Louis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    I thought we did a great job this year in the free agent market. good players at a value price. Have the rams ever signed a big time free agent other than faulk a few years ago?

  11. #11
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime
    I thought we did a great job this year in the free agent market. good players at a value price. Have the rams ever signed a big time free agent other than faulk a few years ago?
    Well, actually Faulk was a trade.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #12
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,614
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    I assume we are not counting the human air conditioner aka jamie duncan as a big free agent signing. He created more breezes with his swing and miss style of tackling than any recent ram of memory, including the much maligned rich coady. The good news with duncan was at least he was out of position enough to avoid missing the tackle on every play.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  13. #13
    ZigZagRam's Avatar
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Have the rams ever signed a big time free agent other than faulk a few years ago?
    Aeneas Williams was a big signing.

  14. #14
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Aeneas Williams was a big signing.
    I believe he too was a trade.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #15
    GameTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    St Louis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Players we should look into getting.

    I stand corrected on the Faulk non-signing. Good Call

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •