chiguy is offline Registered User

Players who oughta be sitting starting next week

I have nothing against these guys, but if we're going to hold *anyone* accountable on this team for bad play then these guys need to grab some pine until the guys behind them prove themselves to be worse:

-Tye Hill...I was amazed he started this week. After his "nothing is wrong" with the secondary comment, he'd better grab pine.

-Chavous. Yikes. That's really all I can say. Even the normally nice Troy Aikman pointed out his lack of speed.

-Dante Hall. Might as well give our young guys a chance.

-Richie Incognito. He's been absolutely terrible this season. I'm ready to see one of the rookies.

-Marc Bulger. I don't really think so, but some do so I figured I'd throw it out there to keep my thread alive.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Players who oughta be sitting starting next week

Chaveous cant cover and can't tackle. The good news is that he is a "leader" on the field. He is leading us to 450 plus yards allowed per week. I would bench him and put in todd johnson just to see what happens.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    -Tye Hill...I was amazed he started this week. After his "nothing is wrong" with the secondary comment, he'd better grab pine.
    The sad part was that he wasn't starting- he was the nickel and dime back and still gave up all those catches. The minute he came in the game, Manning was looking where he was lining up and throwing there almost every single time. I might be wrong, but I don't remember him breaking up a single pass.

--Chavous. Yikes. That's really all I can say. Even the normally nice Troy Aikman pointed out his lack of speed.
    I said it once, I'll say it again- he's leading this team from 3 steps back on every play. Why we felt like we didn't need to draft a safety is beyond me. He wouldn't be starting on most NFL teams.

--Dante Hall. Might as well give our young guys a chance.
    Don't talk about the cornerstone of our offense that way. Seriously, I can't understand why this guy is getting so many touches at WR.

--Richie Incognito. He's been absolutely terrible this season. I'm ready to see one of the rookies.
    I never understood the love affair with this guy. On a positive note- I don't recall him getting any 15 yd personal foul penalties this year...

--Marc Bulger. I don't really think so, but some do so I figured I'd throw it out there to keep my thread alive.
    I'm not ready to give up on Marc just yet- I just hope he doesn't have the Jim Everett/Kurt Warner Battered QB Syndrome.

And one guy I think you forgot was Alex Barron- I saw him standing around and looking at the turf on a few of those sacks. On the bright side, it's the first game where he didn't false start in ages!!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I would keep Bulger on the field and bench Cogs and Barron.

Also Hill and Chavous would be out.
    Also Dante Hall.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch
    The sad part was that he wasn't starting- he was the nickel and dime back and still gave up all those catches.
    Actually, he did start. Why he started over Brown, I don't know, but he did.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Hall and Chavous would be not only benched, but unemployed, if you were to ask me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

I saw him running off the field a lot like he was only coming in for certain packages- are you absolutely sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I saw him running off the field a lot like he was only coming in for certain packages- are you absolutely sure about that?
    Yep. He was announced with the starting lineup and on the field across from Bartell on the opener. But, yes, as you said, there was a lot of movement out there, so I'm sure he slid into a sub-package at some point.

He was a starter, but he certainly wasn't a finisher.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I assume Bartell would get the nod over Hill, if Hill gets benched. Bartell had some head slapping moments yesterday as well, but not nearly as many. Ultimately I think the best way to help our secondary is get a better pass rush, but Hill has just been abused these past two games.

-Chavous. Yikes. That's really all I can say. Even the normally nice Troy Aikman pointed out his lack of speed.
    Fans have been screaming about Chavous for years now but the coaching staff believes in him. I don't think it'd hurt to see Todd Johnson on the field at this point, but will Linehan/Haslett pull the trigger? Chavous really does not bring anything to the table in coverage, and while I think he's willing and competent in run support, he's not physical or strong enough to back it up.

-Dante Hall. Might as well give our young guys a chance.
    Don't talk about the cornerstone of our offense that way. Seriously, I can't understand why this guy is getting so many touches at WR.
    I have to assume Hall is on the field because Avery and Burton are still learning the intricacies of this offense. At least with Hall (in theory), you've got a guy who knows where he's supposed to be, who is in the right spot if Bulger needs to throw to a later progression. The rookies simply must not be there yet, otherwise there's no reason why they're not on the field more.

-Richie Incognito. He's been absolutely terrible this season. I'm ready to see one of the rookies.
    I tend to agree. I'm tired of this guy justifying his spot because he's "tough." The interior line completely failed yesterday, and Incognito was a part of it. Greco was getting positive reviews regarding his summer play at guard, so I'd be fine seeing how he could improve things.

Incognito is a RFA after this season. While it's more likely he'll get an offer sheet based on his versatility and playing time, I wouldn't be shocked if a new coaching staff comes in and lets him completely walk.

-Marc Bulger. I don't really think so, but some do so I figured I'd throw it out there to keep my thread alive.
    I'm not ready to give up on Marc just yet- I just hope he doesn't have the Jim Everett/Kurt Warner Battered QB Syndrome.
    What I don't understand about the people calling to bench Marc Bulger is that they honestly think Trent Green is going to do better behind this line. Putting in Trent Green is not going to shore up this offensive line, which is the biggest and most fundamental problem with this offense.

They must not feel Brown is healthy enough for a starter's work, I dunno.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I'd add Barron (and some others) and take Bulger off the list.

I don't see how anyone can play QB behind that line.

Yep. He was announced with the starting lineup and on the field across from Bartell on the opener. But, yes, as you said, there was a lot of movement out there, so I'm sure he slid into a sub-package at some point.

He was a starter, but he certainly wasn't a finisher.

I think Haslett has absolutely lost it- I have no idea what he's trying to do out there. Besides for forcing Hill in there, I think it was you that pointed out that Glover is getting a lot of touches- what happened to Clifton Ryan? And is Corey Chavous really a better alternative than Todd Johnson at this point?

I think it was you that pointed out that Glover is getting a lot of touches- what happened to Clifton Ryan?
    Yes, it was. And I don't know why he's not out there. Interesting that after the game, the two guys that looked as ticked as a dog without a bone and refused to "mingle" with the other team were Clifton Ryan and Adam Carriker. Good to see at least two that take losses personal.
    And is Corey Chavous really a better alternative than Todd Johnson at this point?
    I don't see how Chavous is a better alternative than "The Todd" from Scrubs much less Todd Johnson. Chavous simply has nothing left to give.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Chavous needs to sit. Being a leader of a failed defense doesn't stand for much.

Hall needs to go away. He's not in the top 5 WRs on this team. Let the roc's play. Also, Hall's KRs average is pretty poor. I'd rather have Stanley as a backup WR and KR.

Lecky ........... I find it difficult to believe that 10 sacks in two games could not be improved on with a better more experienced Center. How far is Romberg from being able to go, and what about Cog's. Get Greco in there. Maybe even Schoenig.

Somebody help me here, how is SJ doing chipping rushers? What about the FB?
    Semper Fi!