Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Playoffs?

  1. #1
    Ram4Life83's Avatar
    Ram4Life83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Playoffs?

    Every year around this time I get overly optimistic about how we have to go to the playoffs. The NFC has been weak and will be again, and we certainly have some weapons, and the ability to play with anyone, but I have serious doubts still. Are we still a middle of the road team with no identitiy or are we turning things around?


  2. #2
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,221
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Playoffs?

    We just missed the playoffs last season. Going 0-2 vs the Seahawks hurt especially since we could have won either one of those games if not both.

    I feel that we have improved and I'm looking forward to an extended RAMS season.

    PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?

    ABSOLUTELY!

  3. #3
    mikhal5569's Avatar
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Playoffs?

    They better make the damn payoff's. Nuff said.:x

  4. #4
    GreatestShow99's Avatar
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Playoffs?

    If the Rams don't lose to the Seahawks 2 times and the Cardinals later in the year, they're playoff bound despite the porous run D. So, yes, they are turning things around. I feel a little bit better about their chances this year than I did around this time last year.
    Last edited by GreatestShow99; -05-08-2007 at 03:15 PM.

  5. #5
    The Shredder Guest

    Re: Playoffs?

    7-9 IMO. 8-8 with a little luck, kinda like last season. Rams have trouble putting away games and can't win on the road. I think you guys are set on offense but still need major upgrades on defense. Carriker will not fix the problems alone for the Rams defense. It will take another year or 2 for the Rams to clean up the defensive mess that Martz left.

  6. #6
    marccat's Avatar
    marccat is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Margarita ,Cali
    Age
    61
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Playoffs?

    I need your hookup, with that crystal ball you got , I dont work again!!

  7. #7
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Playoffs?

    Right now, the Rams have enough talent not only to make the playoffs, but to contend for the NFC Championship.

    On offense, they have as much talent as any NFC team. Truthfully, apart from New Orleans, I don't see an NFC team with as much explosive potenial on offense.

    On defense, they have added enough talent (Hall, Draft, Carriker, etc.) to improve from last year's disaster. How much they will improve, none of us can say.

  8. #8
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,221
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    7-9 IMO. 8-8 with a little luck, kinda like last season. Rams have trouble putting away games and can't win on the road. I think you guys are set on offense but still need major upgrades on defense. Carriker will not fix the problems alone for the Rams defense. It will take another year or 2 for the Rams to clean up the defensive mess that Martz left.
    Can't win on the road?
    4-4 on the road last season. Time to shred the notes.

  9. #9
    The Shredder Guest

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    On defense, they have added enough talent (Hall, Draft, Carriker, etc.) to improve from last year's disaster. How much they will improve, none of us can say.
    You really think that's enough talent to dig the Rams out of the defensive mess they've had the past few seasons?

    Offensively I'll agree with you. But you have to stop teams from scoring to win.

  10. #10
    The Shredder Guest

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Can't win on the road?
    4-4 on the road last season. Time to shred the notes.
    Don't look too much into that, 1 of those games was given to you. @ARZ

  11. #11
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,221
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Don't look too much into that, 1 of those games was given to you. @ARZ
    4-4 is 4-4 no matter how you slice it.

    Woulda shoulda coulda?
    Last edited by laram0; -05-08-2007 at 04:41 PM.

  12. #12
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,221
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    You really think that's enough talent to dig the Rams out of the defensive mess they've had the past few seasons?

    Offensively I'll agree with you. But you have to stop teams from scoring to win.
    We don't have to be a top 5 or even top 10 defense to make a playoff run. With the offense that we have a top 15 defense will do the trick.

  13. #13
    The Shredder Guest

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    4-4 is 4-4 no matter how you slice it.

    Woulda shoulda coulda?
    You're not even a decent team on the road. That is what is gonna keep this team from being better than 8-8. That and a very sub par defense.

  14. #14
    The Shredder Guest

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We don't have to be a top 5 or even top 10 defense to make a playoff run. With the offense that we have a top 15 defense will do the trick.
    But you won't have a top 15 defense, thats the thing.

  15. #15
    suhpr3me's Avatar
    suhpr3me is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Playoffs?

    If you hate on the Rams so much, why do you even come here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Have Fun,enjoy
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-03-2005, 11:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-02-2005, 07:40 PM
  4. Rams Hoping to Sneak Into Playoffs Again
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-01-2005, 08:59 AM
  5. [Jets] PLAYOFFS OR ELSE FOR JETS
    By DJRamFan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-29-2004, 07:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •