Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

A plea for leniency

I have to say, these last few days, I've been appalled by some of what I've read. This is inane. Completely. I mean, feel free to discount my theorizing; I'm but seventeen and have had probably had half as much life experience than the most of you. It's just... have you ever heard the phrase; 'Think before you speak?' It's occurring to me that the reciprocal extends to the phalanges and what you type.

So I have to ask: Are there some things better left unsaid? Is there a point where heated debate--"keeping the Ram nation talking"-- transcends that description and descends into John Milton's Chaos? Is argument, and it is exactly that, in some such circumstances as we've been privy to here at the Clan the last few days, completely futile?

As a spectator of these events, I have to say that simple existence here at the Clanram has become the bane of existence itself the last few days. It seems like we're all talk, and no listen. Everyone has a destination, but hasn't considered the alternative route to reaching it.

I'm not going to delve into the "everybody has an opinion" cliche. But when that opinion is utilsed to purvey thoughts that are personal, attacking or plain mean, you're defeating the purpose of what we've had going here. And that's exactly what I've been perusing the last few days has been- mean. A gang mentality- forget SLOP, forget SLAP, it's certain posters and their allies going against other posters and theirs. And what's Ironic is that the Clanram is a nurturing environment. "The biggest and best Rams website in the world". This, my friends, is our common ground. We are all Ram devotees.

And so; a plea for leniency from perhaps your youngest regular poster.

Please, please, can't we be friends?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: A plea for leniency

Nice post, I'd deliver the rep but I have to throw it around somewhat first.

Its always been like this I'm afraid. Divergent opinion in sports tends to get people fairly heated and when they speak out while (un)suitably excited they often have cause to regret it.

I've been there, as have many others on this board, there are a few more who because of it have decided not to visit us any more.

A shame.

Any of you fellas who have been posting here for a while know what my beefs have been and still are, so there's no point exercising old ghosts in public. They could be encapsulated as the wish to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself. This doesn't mean you have to pull your punches, just means that you might wish to throw them with a little more finesse and with less of a desire to genuinely hurt and offend.

I'm still here because of people like bar-bq, ramsbruce, 'Wraith, the 'other' Jake Evildisco man, Nick, BigRed,laram0 and a whole host of others whose views tend to be voiced with an integrity and an honesty that I respect even when I don't agree with them.

Dez has his moments too .

I hide more than I used to but its only because I forget where I've left my lid these days..................

Lots of reasons to be cheerful.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Excuses good or bad are still just excuses.

Could be that people are a bit more touchy than usual. I mean we're coming off of a 3-13 injury riddled season. Our leader Marc Bulger had his worst season ever. Steven jackson missed his share of games with the injury bug. Really, the who didn't list would be shorter. The entire season was a complete mess. Shoot even Jeff "MONEY" Wilkins had a less than stellar season, which we are not used to from him.

What's freshest in our minds? Last season....

Now we come into training camp with high hopes and what are we reading alot about? Hamstrings, broken fingers, a major holdout...etc..etc..

The pot has been simmering since the end of last season and this training camp news is turning up the heat again.

Again,

Excuses good or bad are still just excuses.

I'm am looking forward to a fun season.

GO RAMS!!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

WOW...nicely said my friend!

I would have never guessed you to be 17. You are well beyond your years. It is people like you that will make this world go around in a few years. Thanks!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Nice post BBQ.

As with most things, there is a balance that must exist. On the one hand, we must have a forum that allows for the free expression of opposing opinions, even if they lead to heated exchanges at times. On the other hand, when posters flood the boards (thankfully, this usually occurs over short periods of time) with thoughtless "doom and gloom," "I told you so" posts, some (including me) feel the need to respond. Some may take that as an attack on their right to say what they want, but it isn't.

Once the season starts, this too will subside.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Once the season starts, this too will subside.
    Especially if we're winning !!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Winning
    Dosage: Take one per week to alleviate pain and discomfort associated with past failures, naysayers and fan bickering.
    Side effects: May cause unrealistic expectations or feelings of euphoria, bandwagonism, and low draft choices.
    Warning: This product is highly addictive, and may cause dependency.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Winning
    Dosage: Take one per week to alleviate pain and discomfort associated with past failures, naysayers and fan bickering.
    Side effects: May cause unrealistic expectations or feelings of euphoria, bandwagonism, and low draft choices.
    Warning: This product is highly addictive, and may cause dependency.
    It's all in the preliminary stage of research, but early indications show that possible side effects of winning also include thievery, and increased capacity to commit break and enter crimes. I can't tell you how many games we've had stolen from just beneath our noses by winning teams these last few years- In our own home, no less.

thoey is offline Registered User

BBQ, very well thought out and worded post. I too would not have guessed your age correctly. Nor can I give you any props until I pass it around some more.

Hat's off to you...
    This space for rent...