throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tanus is offline Registered User

Please Fire Larry Marmie

0 turnovers in 3 games.

Not one stop in the second half.

No imaginative blitz packages.

Wide open receivers all game long.

Rushing 3 linemen with a banged up secondary on 3rd and long.

Allowing the Aints to get into field goal range with 28 seconds left in the ****ing game.

This old piece of **** needs to let his balls hang out and be aggressive.

We really ****ing suck. Plain and simple.

SFCRamFan Guest

Re: Please Fire Larry Marmie

Agreed...Time management for once was not a problem. Bulger was not the problem...Special teams continues to be a weakness, but defense gets my vote for blame on this one...Marmie just isn't getting it done!

Shadesofgrey Guest

He has no secondary to work with...our D line is getting no push..You can't blitz without top tier CB's...It's not Marmies fault, he just doesn't have much to work with....

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If you want this defense to succeed, keep them off the field. Of course, when you pass 80% of the time, that's not going to happen.

tanus is offline Registered User

i call BS. if you dont have top-tier CB's you need to protect them with well thought out blitz packages in order to protect them. you cant sit back and let the qb pick the secondary apart. there is absolutely nothing immaginative about our D. nothing. and its beyond pathetic.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    He has no secondary to work with...our D line is getting no push..You can't blitz without top tier CB's...It's not Marmies fault, he just doesn't have much to work with....
    Blitzing does not require top CBs. If the CBs are quick enough to contain a second longer than normal, a D can blitz as well as their line & LB will let them.

Truth is, this is the softest the D has ever played. It happened 2 weeks ago, it happened last week, and it lost the game for us this week. There is no fire, no emotion on that D, and until there is, we will struggle in every game. Today, there is no one position that can be singled out in order to point a finger. To find blame today, pick any member of the defense and you will be correct.

The loss of Lovie may have affected us more than I first thought.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Boy does this feel like 2000 all over again. I think that old lady said it best on those old burger commercials. "Where's the D?"

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Ask yourselves why the coordinator of the leagues WORST DEFENSE over the last few seasons was brought in?? What possible LOGIC goes into a hiring of this bizarre calibre?? NONE...he was brought in for ONE REASON ONLY...his old pal RAIN MAN wanted him here!! I can just hear the persuasive savant...'never mind the numbers... I know this guy...we worked together at WATSAMADDA U...this guy is a GENIUS...like me!'

Yet another reason to jettison Mrs Doubtfire outta town. The foolishness will NEVER end.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Ask yourselves why the coordinator of the leagues WORST DEFENSE over the last few seasons was brought in?? What possible LOGIC goes into a hiring of this bizarre calibre??
    To be fair, he wasn't exactly working with all-pros in Arizona, and our defense had problems with tackling and giving up a lot of yards prior to his arrival.

However, the two things we were really able to do well on defense last year - pass rush and create turnovers - seem to have vanished now, and we're going to need to get them back if we're to be competitive.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Boy does this feel like 2000 all over again. I think that old lady said it best on those old burger commercials. "Where's the D?"

This one?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I am not sure that this is all on Marmie. Hell the coach can only do so much. Many of these same defensive players were with the Rams last season. I find it hard to believe that they were simply motivated to play hard for Lovie and Lovie alone. Quite frankly, several of these defensive players are just not that good. The loss of Fisher, Wistrom and Young appears to have had a bigger affect on the D-line and secondary than was possibly anticipated.

:ramlogo:

rebel13 Guest

Cool Re: Please Fire Larry Marmie

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Ask yourselves why the coordinator of the leagues WORST DEFENSE over the last few seasons was brought in?? What possible LOGIC goes into a hiring of this bizarre calibre?? NONE...he was brought in for ONE REASON ONLY...his old pal RAIN MAN wanted him here!! I can just hear the persuasive savant...'never mind the numbers... I know this guy...we worked together at WATSAMADDA U...this guy is a GENIUS...like me!'

Yet another reason to jettison Mrs Doubtfire outta town. The foolishness will NEVER end.
    Very accurate post. This madness will end when "rain man" get's fired.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It's not Marmie's fault. He has no D line, he has little LB's, he has no secondary to speak of. Butler got used, abused, and tattood yesterday. Archuleta has deterioated as a S. Pickett and DLew are busts. All the D has is Little and A Williams. That's it.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    It's not Marmie's fault. He has no D line, he has little LB's, he has no secondary to speak of. Butler got used, abused, and tattood yesterday. Archuleta has deterioated as a S. Pickett and DLew are busts. All the D has is Little and A Williams. That's it.
    Lovie had Fisher, Wistrom & Young. Other than that Marmie has the same D. In fact, Marmie has a healthy Pickett, healthy Lewis, and more experience at every position (save Chillar) than Lovie had.

I'm not saying everything is pinned on Marmie's shoulders. I mean he has yet to miss a tackle, which is more than any member of the defense can say. But I'm not ready to make a blanket statement to the tune of "it's not Marmie's fault" quite yet either.

It's intangbiles. On paper, this defense is a talented defense, but their missing a spark. Watch them on the field, then flip to another game for a little bit, then flip back to the Rams game. The difference is amazing. They play with no emotion. There's no fire on the D. Offenses play off of precision. But the defense has to play off of gut. Pisa has it. Tyoka still has flashes of it when he is in. The rest of the team doesn't. I don't know what it is going to take to motivate these guys, but that "something" has to be found. I still say this is a talented D, injuries and all, but they have to find some emotion from somewhere.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Shadesofgrey Guest

Think of it in these terms...The O has 5 eligable guys to get the rock to..D needs 4 on the line and 2 inside backers to contain the run...That more or less leaves 5 on 5...When you blitz depending on if you're running Zone or Man...you'll be creating a one on one situation or a mismatch(LB vs. quick RB) With our horrible coverage we can't leave Butler or A Williams to cover man up...Blitz an inside guy and you give up the cutback lane up the middle...The very lane that Stecker used to break off the 5o yard TD yesterday...Bring the SS and you compromise the ability to shut down the run...Bring the FS and you compromise the pass coverage. Plus you need a certain level of pressure from your front 4 to create seams with which to blitz through...Our D line isn't helping our already weak secondary. Blitzing isn't the answer... Keeping Wistrom would have really helped...Drafting a Sean Taylor type would have helped....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast