Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please help now

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Please help now

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I found the ballot confusing. I think I voted for Pat Robertson. Of course, I'm from Florida.

I voted just fine, I still have no idea what a "floating chad" is...

RnD

GO RAMS!! :l
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -08-30-2006 at 10:37 PM.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Somebody must have hacked the site or something. When I voted at work we were way out in front. Now, after voting again, we only have 8%. What is going on?? Something stinks about this!! They only have 39 members listed on their list!
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -08-30-2006 at 11:01 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

That vote is obviously about as meaningful as the fourth quarter of tomorrow's game against Miami. Actually, its not even that meaningful.

RealRam is offline Registered User

When I voted this morning we had 97%!

This evening, these are the current results:

Planet Rams 1%
    Clan Ran Forums 8% -- I don't think soooooo!
    Real Rams Fans 16%
    St. Louis Rams X 75%

Obviously, those 'other' sites are just jealous. Good grief!

majorram is offline Registered User

man I just keep voting, and how the hell we have ended up with 2% of the vote.....

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by as of 8:02 central, 08-31-06
    Planet Rams 0% 24 votes
    Clan Ran Forums 2% 293 votes
    Real Rams Fans 37% 5586 votes
    St. Louis Rams X 61% 9397 votes
    Total: 15300 votes
    A site with 364 members has 24 votes......okay.
    With our 2,886 members, we have 293....not bad for this little time span.
    A site with 1140 members has 5586 votes.......hm, danger of carpel tunnel syndrom? maybe, but still not astronomically sad
    But here's the kicker, a site with 29 members has 9,397 votes??? Like Avenger said, this poll has successfully managed to become 100% irrelevant.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Milan is offline Registered User

I'm thinking that the other site is using something that automatically refreshes or something like that and keeping it open.

Also, can someone link me to their site?
    Last edited by Milan; -08-31-2006 at 09:56 AM.

And, in a shocking turn of events... the winner of the poll is...

Wal-Mart's home page!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Also, can someone link me to their site?
    ht tp://stlouisramsx .com

they have 39 total members with the most ever online being 8...the have cheated/botted their way to a win in this poll...if cnnsi lets them win it's rediculous...here is a direct quote from their own website, which I find odd:

""I just got an email from some dude Bob at S.I. --

Quote:
    "Stlouisramsx.com is listed as one of the top four Rams fan sites in this week's Sports Illustrated. It is included as part of the NFL Preview issue, which features scouting reports on all 32 teams. For each team, we have asked readers to choose the best of four fan sites. The winning site - the one with the most votes - will be featured on SI.com's new Rams team page.

You can vote at SI.com/Ramsvote

To check out SI.com's new Rams team page, go to ht tp://sportsillustrated.cnn. com/football/nfl/teams/rams

Thought you might want to let your readers know...

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Bob"

This is an obvious attempt by S.I.'s webmasters to boost the exposure of their own site by making us all vote on an insignificant poll, but whoever submitted this site - thanks. I think you can only vote once, and as such, ClanRam and RealRamsFans are probably going to fight it out until the end because they've been around a long time and have the most members - they're both taking it pretty seriously too - which is kinda funny.

Viva la 3rd place!""
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -08-31-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Current results:

Planet Rams 0% 24 votes
    Clan Ran Forums 1% 306 votes
    Real Rams Fans 32% 8399 votes
    St. Louis Rams X 67% 17527 votes
    Total: 26256 votes

Also I just joined the stllouisramsx site, just so I could post this:
    "Please quick hacking/botting your way to a victory. With only 39 members, with the most online ever being 8, there is no possible way you could be legitimately be getting more votes than ClanRam and RealRamsFans. This poll is a joke and so is your site if you accept/encourage this sort of behavior."

Exclamation Re: Please help now

I just sent this message to SI.com Publicity and Media Relations at si.com_press@timeinc.com :

"You are currently undertaking a poll @ ht tp://sportsillustrated.cnn. com/Ramsvote to choose the best fan site to place in your magazine article. There two things I would like to bring to your attention.

Fist off the second option should be the Clan Ram forums, not Clan Ran as you have it spelled.

Second, and more importantly is the legitimacy of the results. The St Louis Rams X site only has 39 members, with the most ever online being 8. There is no way they could legitimately muster the 17,500+ votes they currently have. If they are deemed the winner when the poll is concluded, CNNSI should seriously reconsider including them as the winner in the magazine article. Their forums are a ghost town, when others in the poll have nearly 3,000 members.

Do the right thing and make sure the winner is a site that truly deserves a reward for its success as a Rams fansite and not its success at rigging a poll."

Unless you want some crap ass website representing us to every Sports Illustrated reader out there, you should email something similar to SI, and most importantly vote for Clan Ram in this poll like crazy. We are way behind even the 2nd place vote getter and need to catch up quick!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Fist off the second option should be the Clan Ram forums, not Clan Ran as you have it spelled.
    Thanks, it appears SI has indeed fixed the spelling. As for your 2nd point, yea, this "X" site obviously is using bots (18,000 votes from 40 members), but RRF isn't exactly above-the-board on this one either (9000 votes from 1100 members). For that matter, if I were to guess, some of us have probably voted a couple of times as well.

So, really what IS legitimate about the poll at this point?
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-31-2006 at 03:51 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

StlouisramsX is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Unless you want some crap ass website representing us to every Sports Illustrated reader out there, you should email something similar to SI, and most importantly vote for Clan Ram in this poll like crazy. We are way behind even the 2nd place vote getter and need to catch up quick!
    This is what I can expect from fellow Rams fans? Months of work building a Rams website and forum that was initially inspired by THIS site, and it's relegated to "some crap ass website" due to ill feelings about a poll? Granted, I'm not nearly as talented as the webmasters on this site, but for God's sake, dude - I'm entitled to show my allegiance to this team too, ya know.

If you're that bent out of shape over the results, I'll call off the dogs and you can vote your way to victory 17,000 times. I could care less. Do yourself a favor though - quit your whining and represent your house.

By the way, I wouldn't know where to begin to find a "bot" or how to use one. If I had that much technological savvy, my website wouldn't be crap, now would it?

All the best toward your future success, ClanRam - you cats have always been Aces in my book. Some of your members though.... eh, not so much.

StlouisramsX(.com)

Dear Stlouisramsx, your website is not crap, your tactics in rigging this poll however, are.

More of our lovely discussion at stlouisramsx:

Stlouisramsx says,
    ""Please stop hacking/boting your way to victory".
    "This poll is a joke and so is your site".

Well, aren't you precious. Tell ya what, Champ... if you get Dez to come on over here and ask me himself, I'll consider it. Until then, get back over to ClanRam and keep voting for them. I'm almost positive they wouldn't want you over here on your knees pawing at my ankles. It violates about 4 different Man Laws.

This website took me 3 months to build, and it's only 4 months old. Now you come in here and call it a joke? ClanRam is what inspired me to make this site. You're gonna try and punk me because I want a slice of the pie?

You're a pathetic little dude. Tell Dez to hit me up and we'll talk about it. I could very easily turn my small army into his best ally and he'll win by a landslide.
    admin@stlouisramsx.com

In the meantime, don't ever post on this site again."

To which I replied,
    "I never said your site was a joke, I said, "This poll is a joke and so is your site if you accept/encourage this sort of behavior." Your site is cleaner looking, easier to navigate, and faster than Clan Ram by a mile. You did an excellent job with that. Rigging a poll to get your website in a magazine will generate you more hits if you win. But if no real Ram fans are here to share in the discussion, and the new visitors leave as quickly as they came, what good did it do you or your site?

It looks like you have a great website/concept going here, so why ruin it by pissing off every other Ram fan at every other Ram site by stealing this contest? I am lifetime Ram fan, but new to the whole online Ram community and only signed up on ClanRam about a week ago, so I have no allegiance to anyone. I planned on being involved on several fan sites/forums, including this one. But if my calling you out on, and your immediate admitting to, rigging this poll upsets you so much, maybe it's best this "pathetic little dude" moved on.

Best of luck with your page."

I don't believe any comments are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by StlouisramsX View Post
    This is what I can expect from fellow Rams fans?
    That's an interesting question. Your site, which has 39 members, has 18,000 votes on the poll. I think the question should be, how did you expect other sites to react?

If you're that bent out of shape over the results, I'll call off the dogs and you can vote your way to victory 17,000 times. I could care less. Do yourself a favor though - quit your whining and represent your house.
    I don't think anyone is "bent out of shape" or "whining." I think there just are a few people who are disappointed that some are "representing their house" in a blatantly dishonest manner.

All the best toward your future success, ClanRam - you cats have always been Aces in my book. Some of your members though.... eh, not so much.

StlouisramsX(.com)
    Best of luck to you too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast