Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please help now

Re: Please help now

guys, calm down. Its a poll that would be nice to reflect the correct membership and popularity. Still, its also nice to see a new RAM web site open its doors so lets not get all nasty over this. As for the "bots" story, why not lay the blame at the RRF web site for that doosy.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by StlouisramsX View Post
    This is what I can expect from fellow Rams fans? Months of work building a Rams website and forum that was initially inspired by THIS site, and it's relegated to "some crap ass website" due to ill feelings about a poll? Granted, I'm not nearly as talented as the webmasters on this site, but for God's sake, dude - I'm entitled to show my allegiance to this team too, ya know.

If you're that bent out of shape over the results, I'll call off the dogs and you can vote your way to victory 17,000 times. I could care less. Do yourself a favor though - quit your whining and represent your house.

By the way, I wouldn't know where to begin to find a "bot" or how to use one. If I had that much technological savvy, my website wouldn't be crap, now would it?

All the best toward your future success, ClanRam - you cats have always been Aces in my book. Some of your members though.... eh, not so much.

StlouisramsX(.com)
    Look X, here at the Clan, we encourage all fan sites that are truly interested in talking Rams. We encouraged RRF when they got started, and the same is true for you. And whatever the deal is between you and RTID is strictly between you two. He's new here, and I can't say I know him.

As for the poll, it's not really that big a deal. When Dez pointed it out to us, we thought it would be a fun pasttime for a week or so. However, some (with good reason) didn't see the "fun" in it anymore, when a website with 40 members puts up 18,000 votes. I mean where's the relevancy at that point.

I do congratulate you though. This whole thing has brought about a ton of publicity for you. There's 2900 members here and 1100 over at RRF who now know about your site.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

You know, I'm not nearly as upset or serious about this poll as others. Would have been a nice thing to do while waiting for the season to start, but not a big deal. That being said, I find these two statements absolutely hilarious...

If you're that bent out of shape over the results, I'll call off the dogs

By the way, I wouldn't know where to begin to find a "bot" or how to use one.
    So while apparently you wouldn't know where to begin to find a bot or how to use it, you were related to their use in this instance. Or else how would you be able to "call off the dogs?" How interesting.

Oh well, welcome to the nexus of Rams fan sites. Hopefully your endeavors in the future will be a bit more honest, though.

StlouisramsX is offline Registered User

That's an interesting question. Your site, which has 39 members, has 18,000 votes on the poll. I think the question should be, how did you expect other sites to react?
    Truthfully? I expected the votes for this site and the others to rise exponentially as a result. Evidently, I was wrong. Now let me ask you something. Since this is a poll that allows you to vote as many times as you like, wouldn't you expect people to do just that? I can't believe you're making me play the American Idol card, but some of the underdogs on that show progressed much further than anticipated simply because they had some very dedicated fans that dug their vibe. Not unlike what has transpired here. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't think anyone is "bent out of shape" or "whining." I think there just are a few people who are disappointed that some are "representing their house" in a blatantly dishonest manner
    Au contraire, mon ami. One of your members took to whining like a Niner fan takes to ESPN Classics. Writing S.I. personally to bemoan the whole process? I'd say that qualifies. Blatantly dishonest is a bit harsh. If you're allowed to vote a million times, and you can - that's just playing by the rules, brother. I'm a bit surprised this site doesn't have 40,000 votes by now. If I were a member of this house, I'd of put you over the top days ago. As it is though, all I had to do was promise an XBox360 to a 17 year old nephew of mine who has nothing but time on his hands, if he got me top rank in that poll.

And yes, I know that I'll be quoted in a letter to S.I.'s editors now that I've unveiled my "secret". Couldn't care less. My nephew, however, will be extremely disappointed that he won't be able to play XBox with his friends as a result. Poor kid - I hope he doesn't turn to crime now.

Best of luck to you too.
    Thank you. See ya at the Ed.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Now let me ask you something. Since this is a poll that allows you to vote as many times as you like, wouldn't you expect people to do just that?
    No. I, for one, have better things to do than to sit at my computer and voting over and over again on some meaningless poll.

I can't believe you're making me play the American Idol card, but some of the underdogs on that show progressed much further than anticipated simply because they had some very dedicated fans that dug their vibe. Not unlike what has transpired here. Wouldn't you agree?
    Actually, your analogy doesn't work. In the American Idol example, fans are voting over and over again for a performer they like. In this example, you guys are voting for yourselves.

As it is though, all I had to do was promise an XBox360 to a 17 year old nephew of mine who has nothing but time on his hands, if he got me top rank in that poll.
    And you've taught him a wonderful lesson on the fallibility of the electoral process at the same time. How proud you must be.

Seriously, if you think this is the way to promote your site, good luck to you. Personally, I think your approach is only going to hurt your site's reputation in the long run. But heck, what do I know? I'm only a long time Moderator on a site with dozens of active members, thousands of posts and a great reputation.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -08-31-2006 at 11:25 PM.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I agree with Dez. Its a meaningless poll (due to its dubious results). Whether it was a bot, hack job, or manipulated by someone with administrative access, I'll give the kid this, it was a brilliant publicity stunt to get his website out there and known.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Just an interesting tidbit....I registered on both RealRamsFans.com and StLouisRamsX.com....and they both have the EXACT registration web page set up. Same color background, layout, information requirements, etc. Coincidentally, these two website just happen to have the two highest votes.
    Last edited by bigredman; -08-31-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just an interesting tidbit....I registered on both RealRamsFans.com and StLouisRamsX.com....and they both have the EXACT registration web page set up. Same color background, layout, information requirements, etc. Coincidentally, these two website just happen to have the two highest votes.
    Aw, crap! We've been exposed. Please - whatever you do, don't over-analyze the Zapruder film - but if you do - that's not me in the grassy knoll - I swear.

Oh, and if you find an Area51 all-access security card laying around here - it's not mine, but further investigation might tie it to a RRF member. C'mon now.....

Before long, this thread will have as many posts as the entire SLRX site!

Its too bad really. If the poll had been set up in a way to prevent multiple votes, it might have actually been interesting. Instead, its just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Before long, this thread will have as many posts as the entire SLRX site!

Its too bad really. If the poll had been set up in a way to prevent multiple votes, it might have actually been interesting. Instead, its just a joke.
    You may be right. You could easily eclipse anything I could accomplish on my site, and for that, much respect. Years of undying dedication and support has rendered this site the top of it's class. But let me tell you something... sarcastic remarks like that wrapped with vines and vines of sour grapes - not your best look. Just take it easy, and heed the advice you so graciously bestowed on my members. Because, and I quote, "The overall anger in your response is both unnecessary, and, well, just plain silly". Remember that?

BTW, if the poll were set up to allow for just one vote per IP address, ClanRam would have won by a landslide based on the sheer volume of your member base. Maybe the cats at S.I. recognized that too? Think about it. Oh, and not for nothin', but ClanRam is already linked on their Rams page, so you already have your cake.

What, you're not full yet? Well by all means, have some more.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I find it very disturbing that ANY site has resorted to questionable behavior when voting in this poll. As Rams fans, we ALL know the feeling we had after the "questionable" calls in SB XXXVI. Since that time, I have noticed that the overwhelming majority of diehard fans have been more aware of ethical concerns. And, to simplify this whole thing...

What really differentiates the questionable methods used in this poll from using loaded dice?

Nothing. Something that could have benefited ALL four of the mentioned websites has instead been turned into something shameful by the actions of only a couple of people. Sadly, this reflects badly upon all of the websites.

Had someone here at the Clan done somthing so unethical, I would expect Dez to ban them for such behavior.

Anyway, the now tainted vote does not matter. It has become very obvious which website is the best - the one with class... ClanRam!
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -08-31-2006 at 07:01 PM.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If anyone wants a good laugh, head over to Mr. X's site and read Avenger and mine's threads. LOL They actually threatened to come to my house and kick my ass...HILARIOUS!

On second thought, Avenger, I suggest we leave them alone on their forum. Their lack of reading comprehension, ability to form an intelligent rebuttal, and denial of who started all the name calling in the first place, isn't going to change. I'm bored with them already. We're just wasting our time that could be better spent bashing whiner fans.

Milan is offline Registered User

It's cool, just leave em. Our site has all the members we want, we're on F2FA, we're on the front page of the SI Rams page.

This guy needs exposure and more members.

I don't like the way in which he got the votes and I don't know how a 17 year old and 40 other guys could pile up 19000 votes.

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

Not saying it's all 100% diffrent people but I'm just glad to see that almost 30k Ram fans have voted..

This is probably the best forum I've been to.

Well, this one and CardsClubhouse.com of course...

I have made three posts at VotingFraudRamFans.com (aka StLouisRamsX).

That makes me one of their Top 20 posters!

I think we've given them their 15 minutes of fame.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled opening week festivities!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast