Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pointing Fingers, Fair Enough?

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Pointing Fingers, Fair Enough?

I'm telling you,...

this is no laughing matter..

We can debate back and forth who's to blame for the Rams offensive woes this season. Players lacking execution to coaches making questionable decisions. However, THERE IS talent on this team, we're just not utilizing it to our advantage. Pick it up McDaniels, quit shaking your head on the sidelines.

Go Rams

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Re: Pointing Fingers, Fair Enough?

I thought we would show significant improvement this year. We are going backwards. Definately the coaches fault.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Now that made me smile .

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I want to know what was up with all the empty backfield sets and the wisdom of lining Jackson up as a WR almost a dozen times, leaving Seattle with little to think about on defense except go after Bradford. Seems a bit odd.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I want to know what was up with all the empty backfield sets and the wisdom of lining Jackson up as a WR almost a dozen times, leaving Seattle with little to think about on defense except go after Bradford. Seems a bit odd.
    Bradford said in the post game press conference that the game plan was to spread the Seahawks defense out because that's where the tape said was their weak spot. They saw other teams have success doing it. He couldn't explain why the Rams didn't.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    He couldn't explain why the Rams didn't.
    Being unable to explain the Rams' problems this season seems to be a disturbing theme from both players and coaches. I understand at some level it's just something you say, but we've heard it so much this year that I'm really beginning to believe that these coaches and players don't know what they're doing.
    RockinRam and bradwill like this.

Bradford said in the post game press conference that the game plan was to spread the Seahawks defense out because that's where the tape said was their weak spot. They saw other teams have success doing it. He couldn't explain why the Rams didn't.
    I wonder if McDaniels can explain why he stuck to a plan that clearly wasn't working? Developing a plan is fine, but failing to make adjustments after repeated failures is not. Maybe he should have been discussing that with Bradford instead of sulking with head in hands.
    GolfnRAMFAN likes this.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I wonder if McDaniels can explain why he stuck to a plan that clearly wasn't working? Developing a plan is fine, but failing to make adjustments after repeated failures is not. Maybe he should have been discussing that with Bradford instead of sulking with head in hands.
    I don't know what he would say, but I would respond that they did try to run the ball and had little success. And because they couldn't convert on early opportunities, they ended up finding themselves behind and playing catch up most of the game. So, by the time they normally would be adjusting from spreading it out and throwing the ball, they were forced into spreading it out and throwing the ball.

I don't know what he would say, but I would respond that they did try to run the ball and had little success. And because they couldn't convert on early opportunities, they ended up finding themselves behind and playing catch up most of the game. So, by the time they normally would be adjusting from spreading it out and throwing the ball, they were forced into spreading it out and throwing the ball.
    What would he say? How about "We're going to go back to using Jackson as a RB instead of a WR". Why make the offense one dimensional for the Seattle defense? Jackson as an option out of the backfield makes the defense think. The game was relatively close (10 points) until late in the 4th quarter, so there was plenty of time to make adjustments. McDaniels was not at his best today.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am not defending spags, but can anyone name a single competitive nfl team playing without its first 4 cb's and its two starting offensive tackles? Just one would be fine.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I am not defending spags, but can anyone name a single competitive nfl team playing without its first 4 cb's and its two starting offensive tackles? Just one would be fine.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    That has little to do with the Rams inability to put up more than one TD a game. In fact they are averaging less than 1 TD per game. As bad as the defense could be with the decimated backfield the problem isn't really with them. The problem is the offense. So you can point to the offensive tackles but only one of them was any good before the injuries and the other one was committing a ton of penalties. 13 points was barely enough to win last week but the meager 7 points today will rarely get the job done.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

HOW about we F'N spread them out and run the ball with Steven? The very few times we did that we were sucessful and he picked up decent yards. This isn't rocket science McDaniels! if it works run it again!

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    So you can point to the offensive tackles but only one of them was any good before the injuries and the other one was committing a ton of penalties. 13 points was barely enough to win last week but the meager 7 points today will rarely get the job done.
    Exactly. General makes a great point, but the fact of the matter is teams like the pack that contend year in and out have depth built through players they themselves have developed through the draft to fit their scheme. This organization has failed to show this this type of progress.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Don't forget last year's leading receiver, along with his replacement.

Really just going over this list in my head is sort of sickening.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I didn't know Kendricks was in the game until the last drive of the game. Did they forget about the tightends?
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast