Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Positive thoughts about our Saint Louis Rams

Torry Holt wasn't crying at the podium about his quarterback....

PHAT-MONEY Guest

allowed only 2 100 yard rushers after 10 last season. O.J Atogwe became an Elite Safety
    Brock Berlin Became An Elite Quarterback.... Ok I Know.. Sarcasm ofcourse.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

The most positive thing is I don't believe we could be hit with this kind of injury riddled season again. So I look forward to being able to compete with Seattle for the division title.

By the way, anybody seen Avenger?

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    The most positive thing is I don't believe we could be hit with this kind of injury riddled season again. So I look forward to being able to compete with Seattle for the division title.

By the way, anybody seen Avenger?
    Ive been wondering that myself. Maybe his absence can be taken as a positive for the rams?

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Its hard to be positive with an idiot incharge. Poor personal choices both in terms of players and coaching doesn't inspire confidience to be positive.

Still one thing to remain positive is realizing change is in the air. Scotty is on borrowed time and not likely to survive another 07 season. The Rams can pickup some talent in the draft--that is if Linehan doesn't throw away that golden opportunity.

A change in ownership could spell new things in terms of Front office, like a sesire to win!

However, till the gun sounds the start of the first game in 08, we will not know, but their is hope

Rambos is offline Registered User

When we add Chris Long, we will have three young studs to bulid on Long, AC and Ryan.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, the most positive thing I can gleem from this year is we get the number two pick. Be it Dorsey, Long, Long, or McFadden.....even the Rams FO can't screw this one up.

Well, maybe they can....if anyone can it's them.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    Hubison I thought we had an uderstanding that you were going to moderate this forum. Or maybe I was wishfully thinking you would delete the negative posts.
    No, no, that's still the agreement. I just didn't have a chance to get online yesterday. Situation handled.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    Ive been wondering that myself. Maybe his absence can be taken as a positive for the rams?
    What is amusing about a comment like that is that, in the past, I've been accused of being one of the most Pollyanna, rose-colored glasses wearing, "homer" fans around. Right now, though, I am not happy with the direction the team has been going in, and I am an advocate for change.

That does not mean I can't see good things on this team. I still think that the team has a great deal of talent, and can turn things around quickly if the right moves are made.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Really- the only real consistant positive from this season was Will Witherspoon. Guys like Carriker and Ryan showed promise.
    On paper, seeing a 3-13 record would typically yield nothing to be excited about. However, I don't think that is the case here. I can think of many things we learned from this season that are positive:

1. The importance of the offensive line - Ultimately, this was the downfall of our season. Poor coaching and inept player performances aside, no way we are this pitiful if our O-Line isn't in shambles.

2. The New Orleans games - With the right decisions being made, we saw in this game what our offense is still capable of doing.

3. Will Witherspoon - Out of position or not, this guy is an elite linebacker.

4. Torry Holt - Knee grinding, Holt still produces year in and year out.

5. O.J. Atogwe - Developed a knack for making game breaking plays in the second half of the season.

6. Linebacking corps - If the front office is smart, and resigns Chillar, we have one heck of a linebacking corp with Witherspoon, Pisa, Chillar, Draft, and Culberson.

7. Derek Stanley - Looks like this kid can be a long term solution as a return man. If preseason is any indication, he might be able to make an impact as a receiver also.

8. Team Chemistry - Bad season aside, the guys on this team LIKE EACH OTHER. It's hard to portray how important this really is to get through these tough times and become a winning program again.

9. Linehan relinquished play calling duties - He already announced this. Maybe he is learning a little bit. Let's get a real play caller in here.

10. Young defense - We have a very young core D. We saw alot of development this year from alot of the youngsters. Add a real pass rusher, have Little come back healthy, and become a top ten offense again, and you will see what this D is really capable of.

11. Eric Bassey - A TRUE, special teams stud. The importance is such a player is greatly underestimated ...

MOST IMPORTANTLY, we are all healthy, for the most part, alive, and well, and able to cheer on our franchise through better and worse. Never take things for granted ...

R.I.P. Georgia!

BTW, THIS WAS MY 500th POSTS! KUDOS TO ME ... HEHEHEHEHE!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

If the Browns can do It, We can Too!

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    If the Browns can do It, We can Too!
    If the 99 rams could do so could the 08 rams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
  2. -01-18-2008, 05:00 PM