Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positives!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Positives!

In no particular order:

Bulger - Threw accurately when he had time. Moved around the pocket well, created time for himself. Took off running, didn't go down, took a hard hit, got up jawing, I have respect for him like no other. Looked like a general out there today, getting players into position and getting fired up when things weren't going well.

J. Lau - Rey Maulauga who? 14 tackles, 10 solo, 1 for loss, FF, Fumble Rec. All over the ball. Finally, a true middle linebacker

David Vobora - Solid, solid game at SLB. If only Will Witherspoon was still Will Witherspoon. Maybe he is, we'll see ...

Wade, Bartell, Atogwe, and Butler - A solid quad core here. Wade looked like a stud, solid in tackling, and awesome in coverage. Atogwe, what more can you say, what an awesome INT, no gimme there. Butler was just what we needed him to be, solid. Bartell, I have to give it to him for the hustle on the J. Jones run, he went after it, similar to his rundown in Atlanta. I think we have a nice foursome here.

We were badly exposed by TE's, and the underneath stuff is a result of the system and lack of pass rush. This will come together.

Donnie Jones - Maybe the best punter ever

Tenacity - The guys never gave up, played hard all game, clearly different than last year. They just have to buy into and utilize the system.

Maybe I missed some but thats what I got for now ....

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Positives!

Thought Chris Long had SEVERAL nice hits ..... sometimes he looks really good.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Great to hear that there were a number of positives to see in the game. Great post Infiniti. It made me a little less happy I didn't have to watch the pain of the shutout.

LARAM is offline Registered User

I didn't see the game, but if this is the mutual feeling among most about our secondary and new stud MLB, then we should feel pretty good about where the team is going. Obviously, the O-Line and D-line, are the major areas we still have to work on. I read some of the comments about "Incognito". This guy appears to be a complete BAFOON. Again I didn't see the game, but read some of the comments about his performance. This guy has to go, sounds like we are better off without him.

longfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    I didn't see the game, but if this is the mutual feeling among most about our secondary and new stud MLB, then we should feel pretty good about where the team is going. Obviously, the O-Line and D-line, are the major areas we still have to work on. I read some of the comments about "Incognito". This guy appears to be a complete BAFOON. Again I didn't see the game, but read some of the comments about his performance. This guy has to go, sounds like we are better off without him.

incognito is a buffoon when you lose and an enforcer when you win...

i dont know what i think about the guy...

a winning team needs a guy like him , imho.. but we are so close to losing out of the gate, he hinders us...

i love his toughness... but my gosh..

JFMose is offline Registered User

i feel like one SOLID win can bring this team up to speed. Defensively, we got Atogwe and the rookie to lead us.

I fell asleep during the 2nd half, but from what i've seen, i feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by longfan View Post
    incognito is a buffoon when you lose and an enforcer when you win...

i dont know what i think about the guy...

a winning team needs a guy like him , imho.. but we are so close to losing out of the gate, he hinders us...

i love his toughness... but my gosh..
    Incognito is not tough, he's a thug ...

Now, Marc Bulger, that is one tough SOB

BEER is offline Registered User

there is no negative 0.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Laurent Robinson made some nice plays...

our team are not quitters....

agree with the comments about Atogwe,Butler (both of them),J-lau,Wade,Bulger,Jax never quit even tho the inside lanes werent being opened for him..(i think we abandoned the run too early).. Jason Smith..im gonna have to watch the game again to comment on his performance,but i saw some decent play from him at times..ofcourse when you an OT you pretty much gotta stonewall your opponent or you are deemed to have had a bad game...i think our starting guards arent very good..but i think Setterstrom & Greco could be..(when Greco is fit again and if MS stays healthy..)

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    there is no negative 0.
    Plenty of negatives, more than positives ...

I don't see the point of discussing the negatives, nor is it worth my time to explain why I feel that way, it's not like most of you would get it ...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Bulger. You guys wanted fire, well he sure as heck had that today. After that scramble when he got in that defensive players face was pretty awesome. He was accurate on his passes and threw the ball away to avoid a sack so much better this game than in years past. Our line was like swiss cheese, and BUlger did the best with what little time he had. Bad blocking and stupid penalties at all the wrong times lost us this game today, not Bulger.

Donnie Jones. Man can that guy punt....kicks it deep and accurate to boot.

Run defense. Was a very solid day IMO until the 62 yard run for the TD. Take away that play and they rushed 33 times for 105 yards....MUCH better than anything we've seen in a LONG time.

Jonathon Wade. I don't recall one catch on his side of the field all day. Had a complete shut out. Hill who?

Laurent Robinson. 5 cacthes, 87 yards and looked good doing it. Seemed to be Bulger's go to guy when he actually had more than 3 seconds to pass.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Well one positive I saw was the offensive line. I know you are going to say what's wrong with me, but I think we had two totally different offense lines in the first half and the second half. The first half, we had an offensive line that was making holes for SJax and keeping Bulger upright. He looked really good when he actually had time to find a receiver and make the throw.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I liked what i saw outisde the trenches on both sides. We need new guards period. We need a pass rush somehow someway the secondary is working there asses off they need an assist from the d-line. LBs more than solid

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I liked what i saw outisde the trenches on both sides.
    That's everything I took from this game too. We were exposed by a lack of a pass rush and an inability to block for Bulger or Jackson. I think the pass rush will be our achilles heel this season until we land a pair of Defensive Tackles who can eat up blocks and get pressure up the middle.

Case in point, Calais Campbell today playing for Arizona. He was a monster in his first NFL start and he benefited immensely from having Gabe Watson and Darnell Dockett, probably the NFC West's best DT pairing, chewing up space for him. He played lights out. Arizona couldn't get their offense going and I think they're going to miss Todd Haley for a little while.

Our OL will come together with time. The Delay of Game penalty on Bulger and Brown before Josh Brown missed the FG in the second quarter was an absolute killer. I think Incognito needs to go sooner rather than later and I really want to see what John Greco can do. If we get a combination set, they will band together and play like a unit. That was my biggest problem. They were individuals along the OL, as opposed to one cohesive unit.

As far as positives go-- everything outside of the missed FG and our OL and DL showed real promise.

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

The team started the game very well, defense was on fire and all over the place, one thing that is missing is deep treat wide receiver. If the team does not have fast wide out Jackson's talent and size will not mean much. The sea gal fans were bringing it on and trust me they had big part in that game. 2009 Rams have long way to go in order to be dominant in this game, lets enjoy the journey and watch our team grow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast