Thread: The Positives

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

The Positives

DX proved to us why he was worth keeping in the 53-man roster

Bradford threw a career high in yardage and no picks

Quintin Mikell made a nice pick

Bradley Fletcher has done a really good job filling in the #1 CB role

Robert Quinn made his debut sack

Though Greg Salas has been wildly inconsistent, he has made some flashes of shiftiness and physicality

O-line did a solid job protecting Bradford

And best of all, no one got injured except for Leber, which is minor

All-in-all, the glass is half full, of Captain Morgan for me atm but I'm still optimistic about this team. It's only two games and though the Ravens are tough on paper, Flacco has been exposed to inconsistency and Jackson should be back next week. I'm still pretty impressed Bradford's still capable of carrying this team without Jackson beside him when keeping this game close to certain degrees. Hopefully our receivers will catch on their fundamentals on Catching 101 and eventually live up to their expectations of keeping drives alive via catching.
    RealRam likes this.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: The Positives

Greg Salas had no redeeming qualities tonight. Him and Caddilac were a hindrance in every way this game.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Positives:
    James Laurinaitis and Chris Long are damn beastly. Two games, two sacks for Long, Laurinaitis was all over the place with something like 13 total tackles

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't think Salas can be put next to anything positive from this game.

Fletcher looked really solid tonight, in my opinion. Even on the score, he was where he needed to be, it was just a perfect throw. You can't cover those. The interference call was bogus too.

Mikell looked great all night. Made some great stops that our d wouldn't have made in years past. The same can be said for a lot of the tackles our team made. We're really improving in that area.

Nice to see Sims Walker, DX and Gibson stepping up throughout the game. We needed that desperately with Amendola down.

I'll end here to keep this thread to positives

richtree is offline Registered User

"Though Greg Salas has been wildly inconsistent, he has made some flashes of shiftiness and physicality"

I don't think you can say anything positive about this guy. He showed horrible hands as both a WR and a Special Teamer. He looked lost for most of the game, and he looked like a college player out-matched by NFL talent. Balls got up on him too quickly and he even fumble his only nice catch, luckily he was out-of-bounds.

**I think our schedule is really too tough to adjust quickly, we will probably be 0-5 or 1-4 quick

Rambos is offline Registered User

DX played great!

Sam looked really sharp compared to last week.

Quinn is a speed rusher for sure

MSW can catch look solid

Long is for real

We did a nice job against a good running team

The O will get better lets not forget the lockout and new playbook...

The O line looked better pass protection

Lance made a nice catch everyone is going to help the kid

Rams had 6 or 7 pass plays for plus 20 yards

SJ plays next week!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I think, if we can navigate through this early schedule at 2-5 or maybe even 3-4, this division will be ours. This team will be MUCH better for having played in these games even if we lose a few ... trial by fire, so to speak.

Hell, add in Danny and Jax and/or take away just one of the silly mistakes we made ... it's a different game. And if ... when we take the West, we'll be MUCH better in the playoffs for having been in these games.

Frustrating for sure, but it's early. We'll be fine.
    RealRam likes this.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    "Though Greg Salas has been wildly inconsistent, he has made some flashes of shiftiness and physicality"

I don't think you can say anything positive about this guy. He showed horrible hands as both a WR and a Special Teamer. He looked lost for most of the game, and he looked like a college player out-matched by NFL talent. Balls got up on him too quickly and he even fumble his only nice catch, luckily he was out-of-bounds.

**I think our schedule is really too tough to adjust quickly, we will probably be 0-5 or 1-4 quick
    Salas has shown flashes of good separation and can actually lineup at the right receiver spot, unlike a certain someone we drafted last year in the 4th *cough* Mardy Gilyard *cough*

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Greg Salas had no redeeming qualities tonight. Him and Caddilac were a hindrance in every way this game.
    I call bull on this.

Salas had a 'redeeming' punt return. Tough, weaving thru traffic and brought the ball back for about a 22 yard return.

The guy is a rookie. He didn't have a traditional offseason. He started at the position in his second pro game on national TV.

I am indifferent to Williams though.
    Semper Fi!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=shower beers;395401]........Fletcher looked really solid tonight, in my opinion. Even on the score, he was where he needed to be, it was just a perfect throw. You can't cover those. The interference call was bogus too..........QUOTE]

That was not a perfect pass. It nearly hit Fletcher in the arse and whats his name had to do a gynastic type contortion to pluck it from said arse to make the catch. Terrible pass, great adjustment and catch though. Had Fletcher known the ball was there, he might have made a spectacular backwards leg trapping catch :-), but I would have like to see him simply fall to his left. The ball would have bounced off him and hit the ground.
    Semper Fi!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    I call bull on this.

Salas had a 'redeeming' punt return. Tough, weaving thru traffic and brought the ball back for about a 22 yard return.

The guy is a rookie. He didn't have a traditional offseason. He started at the position in his second pro game on national TV.

I am indifferent to Williams though.
    Salas was touted all offseason as a big physical HANDS receiver. Not once last night did he show he had the ability to hang onto the ball at the NFL level. Fumbled punt return, fumbled reception that was luckily out of bounds, and a bunch of dropped passes. If he cant do what his supposed specialty is then he shouldnt play.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Salas and Pettis both thus far have been very dissapointing, no side stepping. Give them some time. I am discouraged because they are failing at the things they were being drafted for.

Thats not the point anyways. I seen what I needed to see yesterday. See you gents in the playoffs.