Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Positives and negatives

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Positives and negatives

Yes you will suffer through another one of these threads!! Unless you don't want to, then don't read

Negatives:
    The O-line is terrible, and our young, highly drafted bookends look entirely over-matched. Saffold is undersized and that may hurt him. I'm pretty sure a two man rush could get pressure on Bradford with the line in its current state. Heck, I'm pretty sure I could get pressure on Bradford.

The new linebackers don't look very good. I noticed several plays where they had chances to make plays and failed. They have also been guilty of severe over-pursuit sometimes. Look, if even the announcers know a RB is a cut-back guy, there is no excuse for the linebackers not to know and pursue the line heavily instead of waiting for the cutback.

Obviously the WRs need to learn to catch. I don't know the "official" number of drops, it may only be 2 or 3, but I saw many more balls that guys playing at an average NFL level would have come down with. That's just terrible, and is one of the big reasons our offense doesn't do anything.

Penalties are killing us. Penalties on the offensive line have been devastating. Didn't we have like 4 false start penalties today? Having even one false start at home is bad. The only explanation is they are playing unfocused and out of sync.

Now for some positives:
    Despite what some people say, Bradford has looked good. Stats don't tell the story of Bradford. This is a 2nd year QB who is taking a pounding, gets hit constantly, and has the pocket collapse on him consistently, and yet continues to stand in the pocket, let the routes develop, and throw catchable balls. Oh, and let's not forget despite being under crushing pressure and taking consistent hits while throwing to covered WRs, he has thrown only one pick. Even QBs with great time have thrown more picks, but Bradford hasn't. If that doesn't tell you what kind of passes he is making, and how he is actually handling the pressure fairly well, then nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. Drops and getting hit as he throws are Bradford's problem, not Bradford's ability to play.

Edit: I'd like to add the only pick Bradford has thrown was a timed route where the receiver fell down as bradford was throwing.

The coverage tightened up today. Despite our rash of injuries, the Rams actually did a decent job holding the Skins to only 143 yards passing on 29 attempts, and had two picks (even though one was thanks to a drop). A nice recovery by the secondary, and the Skins have some decent WRs. Seven passes defended too, that's a solid number.

The Rams made progress. We had penalties and mistakes and still had a chance to tie at the end, and the skins are by no means a bad team, they are better than last year. The Rams certainly looked much better by the end of the game. This team isn't without talent, but it's still looking to find its rhythm. Maybe that's on the coaches, maybe it's not, I won't speculate as to that. But the Rams showed some ability to make plays late in the game and hopefully that translates into success down the road.

The team didn't give up. They had every reason to be defeated, and they found energy and came back and had a chance at the end of the game. Not easy to do, especially when the team was already 0-3 and lost in hideous fashion the week before, and was down 17-0.

That's all for now, I need to go eat. Flame me, agree me with, whatever you want. Those are my thoughts.
    Last edited by berg8309; -10-02-2011 at 05:29 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Positives and negatives

Negatives:

All of what you listed above and then some.

Positives:

We don't have to watch Rams football next week.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    The team didn't give up. They had every reason to be defeated, and they found energy and came back and had a chance at the end of the game. Not easy to do, especially when the team was already 0-3 and lost in hideous fashion the week before, and was down 17-0.
    Agreed. Despite the meltdown at the end, it was good to see the team fight back and actually give us something to get excited about late in the 4th quarter.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We may be back. Our next game which is after the bye we will have Amendola and Mark Clayton ready to suit up.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Negatives:

All of what you listed above and then some.

Positives:

We don't have to watch Rams football next week.
    I thought you said you were done with the team in another thread. How about you dont post things that dont contribute to the conversation.
    ramsanddodgers likes this.

BOLORAM is offline Registered User

Pettis caught the ball...when it was near enough to catch.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

We never HAVE to watch a game. I usually can't because they are rarely shown here, but I listen to them while doing my office work because I KNOW they will eventually turn the ship around.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Obviously the WRs need to learn to catch. I don't know the "official" number of drops, it may only be 2 or 3, but I saw many more balls that guys playing at an average NFL level would have come down with. That's just terrible, and is one of the big reasons our offense doesn't do anything.
    This is without a doubt the biggest problem that has cost this team big so far this season, although the OL is a close second.

MSW had a huge drop early in the game... a deep pass that was placed perfectly in his hands while in stride that would have scored a TD... dropped. Kendricks has to be the biggest disappointment... dropped two sure TD passes that hit him right in the hands again... how many times are we going to have to see that happen from this 2nd round draft pick?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I thought you said you were done with the team in another thread. How about you dont post things that dont contribute to the conversation.
    Who are you, the comment police? First off it was a joke- the Rams have a bye next week. Secondly keep your smart ass remarks to yourself- I don't need chastizing from an internet tough guy.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

The Rams made progress. We had penalties and mistakes and still had a chance to tie at the end, and the skins are by no means a bad team, they are better than last year. The Rams certainly looked much better by the end of the game. This team isn't without talent, but it's still looking to find its rhythm. Maybe that's on the coaches, maybe it's not, I won't speculate as to that. But the Rams showed some ability to make plays late in the game and hopefully that translates into success down the road.

Yup, the Rams showed a lot of heart in the 4th quarter like I had not seen this season. It was almost enough to overcome that pathetic OL.

I think they should seriously consider designing some offensive red-zone plays around Laurinaitis... what a spectacular INT today.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    This is without a doubt the biggest problem that has cost this team big so far this season, although the OL is a close second.

MSW had a huge drop early in the game... a deep pass that was placed perfectly in his hands while in stride that would have scored a TD... dropped. Kendricks has to be the biggest disappointment... dropped two sure TD passes that hit him right in the hands again... how many times are we going to have to see that happen from this 2nd round draft pick?
    In Kendricks defense, the second pass was hard to catch. For the select few posters who think it is Bradford putting it in places that they can't catch, he isn't He's putting the ball, for the most part, in places where the WR can catch it but the DB can't. Receivers have to make adjustments and then catch the ball, and ours haven't been. Does Bradford nail every throw? No, he misses from time to time, but what qb doesn't? For the most part I've been pleased with his ball placement, but not the WR's ability to adjust to it.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Really? and your remark adds contribution to the conversation because???

I certainly do not agree with everyone on this board but I do appreciate reading others' points of view. I have seen folks refer to contrarians as "knuckleheads" "Ram Up, Man Up" "kneejerk reactons" "do not get big picture" seen people explain what a true Ram fan is (according to them). All of these comments have been aimed at the fans that are not happy with the Rams demise this year and have been very vocal about it.

How do we keep conversation going, being accepting of others' views with debate rather then insult? If this board did all about going the same direction with no counterpoints then just let me know, my bad.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    We may be back. Our next game which is after the bye we will have Amendola and Mark Clayton ready to suit up.
    You sure about Clayton? He's not eligible until the Saints game (at least that's what Rotoworld is saying).

Oregon Ram is offline Registered User

I want to know what happened to Saffold. Last year he looked like a steal getting him in the 2nd round, but this year he is getting abused. I just don't get it.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

^^^

Two words: Steve Loney.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast