throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Positives of the Panthers game

Quote Originally Posted by thepantherfan View Post
    Tye Hill to me had no answer for Steve Smith. Steve is still battling the FLU! Steve took it light on him. As far covering him, if you want to think he did a great job, go ahead. Our running game was dialed in, so we didn't really need to throw to Steve as much. He only had 4 catches for 90yards with a TD. PLus he had a TD called back to an illegal man downfield penalty.They only threw to him 6 times. So him catching 4 of 6 is not that successful for your rookie
    Actually, on the TD that counted, he beat FS O.J. Atogwe.

Hill held his own with Smith.

sprtsmac Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post

And milan can you be serious? Would you rather have Chillar/Witherspoon/Pisa or Witherspoon/Willis/Pisa. We need someone to stop the run and be a serious threat, and i just don't see that in chillar. He's a great substitute guy, and a good special teams player, but I don't want him starting after this season.
    Can't stop the run if your DT's aren't taking up blockers. I would rather have a big fat DT that takes up a lot of space and blockers than another LB.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac View Post
    Can't stop the run if your DT's aren't taking up blockers. I would rather have a big fat DT that takes up a lot of space and blockers than another LB.

I also agree with this statement. I just believe that it's easier to get a big run stopping in the 2nd than a great LB. I would love if we got Patrick Willis and then a nice big DT to complement him. I wouldn't be objected to us trading to getting two picks in the first if we had to give up a bunch of other picks. I know that wouldn't be probably so i wouldn't mind drafting up to first pick in the 2nd round to that the run stopper then.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thepantherfan View Post
    Tye Hill to me had no answer for Steve Smith. Steve is still battling the FLU! Steve took it light on him. As far covering him, if you want to think he did a great job, go ahead. Our running game was dialed in, so we didn't really need to throw to Steve as much. He only had 4 catches for 90yards with a TD. PLus he had a TD called back to an illegal man downfield penalty.They only threw to him 6 times. So him catching 4 of 6 is not that successful for your rookie
    Hey, ya'll won the game, so lighten up already. Do you mind if a few Rams fans look for some kinda decent news after this debacle? Sheesh do you wear Stevie Smith's signature-style underwear or what?

WHAT SAY YE? (Not that I really care)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123