Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Positives from Today

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Positives from Today

Well to start it off, I am so proud to be a Rams fan right now.

Feeley had a good game. He did what he had to do; manage the game. Even though he missed Lloyd on 2 huge 60 yard TD's, he had a solid game. He found open receivers, he stayed calm in the pocket, eyes down field, and got the job done. For those of you still wondering why we kept him and not Lewis, today was you're answer.

Steven had the game of his career. He had 159 yard rushing and 2 TD's. He averaged 6.4 YPC today. He caught his 341th pass in his career moving him to #7 in Rams history passing Jack Snow. Jackson has 28 career 100-yard games, passing Marshall Faulk for second in franchise history, ten behind ED. He passed Faulk for third in yards from scrimmage with 11,150 passing Marshall Faulk. He also passed ED for 4th in Rams history in TD's with 59. He is the emotional leader of this team, and he challenged them. He's the reason we won.

The offensive line did a solid job. They opened some nice big holes for SJAX. He is averaging 5.3 YPC, the highest in his career. The Saints got some hits on Feeley, but some plays were his fault too. He shouldn't have held the ball so long (Saints defensive TD). Saffold has got to stop committing penalties. Goldberg has done an excellent job these past 2 games, a much better job than Jason Smith.

The WR's and TE's did just enough. Lloyd dropped a key 3rd down pass, but came back the next drive with a spectacular catch in which he stayed in bounds. He was open for 2 huge TD's which Feeley underthrew and overthrew. Salas had himself a nice game too. He is quickly making us forget about Danny Amendola. Kendricks had some amazing blocks too. He is non-existent in the passing game, but had a key kick out block on a LB to free up Jackson for a 40 yard rush.

The defensive line was unstoppable to say the least. Chris Long was a man amongst boys with 3 sacks and several more pressures and batted down passes. He now has 6 sacks on the season, looks like this will be his first season with double digit sacks. Robert Quinn also had a few pressures of his own, also recording his 2nd sack on the year. I love when Spags realizes its a obvious passing situation, he immediately throws Quinn and Long at DE, and Hall and Ah You and DT.

The linebackers did good too. Darren Sproles was shut down all game. James Laurinaitis had an amazing game. 2 passes defended, and 10 tackles. He was flying all over the field having one of the best games of his career. Chamberlain and Kehl did good too. No big runs were aloud all game.

Last but not least, the secondary. They had an amazing day, part of which has to be credited to the defensive line. Josh Gordy and Darian Stewart both had INT's, Stewart returning his for a 20 yard TD. Gordy and Harris had great games. Josh Gordy is looking like a diamond in the rough and Al Harris is having a revival of his career. Marquis Johnson also did good coming off the PUP.

Special teams wasn't very involved in this game. Josh Brown didn't have much work. Robert Quinn had a huge blocked punt, shifting momentum, and giving the offense the opportunity to score; which they did.

All in all this was an excellent game all across the board. Next week it looks like Clayton, DX and Bradford will be back. I cannot wait to see what Bradford can do with Lloyd, and Clayton. Next week we have the Arizona Cardinals on the schedule. Kevin Kolb has turf toe, they have to check on how serious that is. If hes out, the Rams should have a field day. He was in a walking boot, which is great news for the Rams. Not that it matters, because if they can apply the pressure they did this week, he will be out before the half.

This is our time to rally boys. I still believe, and always have. We can turn it around here. 10-6 is our goal, and my goal. If we can play like this for the rest of the season, we will be looking at 10-6. GO RAMS!!
    RealRam, Rambos, viper and 2 others like this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Re: Positives from Today

We scored TD's vs field goals and we didnt compete costly penalties every second.Beside players showing up to play i have to think those are the two biggest improvements i saw today.great game and great day to be a rams fan,GO RAMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    We scored TD's vs field goals and we didnt compete costly penalties every second.Beside players showing up to play i have to think those are the two biggest improvements i saw today.great game and great day to be a rams fan,GO RAMS!!!
    Very true. We had some penalties, but no drive killing ones. Basically no drops today other than the one Lloyd dropped on 3rd down. We didn't shoot ourselves in the foot today, and it costed dividends. It shows what were capable of. We scored TD's instead of FG's like you said. Just gotta keep playing hard.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Agreed with everything, but especially agreed with us ending the asinine Thad Lewis vs. AJ Feeley debate.

Something I forgot to mention, Feeley's TD was actually awesome. Lloyd in the huddle told Feeley he would re-route himself according to what the defense was doing. Feeley and Lloyd made the switch when lined up, and he hit him with a beautiful strike in between the CB and S. Great recognition by Lloyd.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Amazing game by all.

But let me say, at least for myself......Steven Jackson's game versus Det. in 2009 in which both teams were winless going in. He willed us to a win that season as well. As many of you remember that ended up being our only win and Det went down as the first team to ever go 0-16.

Today i have a picture framed from nfl shop of SJ running over multiple lions.

(not to say today wasnt inspiring to watch him lead and will our team to victory!)

RealRam is offline Registered User

Even if 10-6 is a tall order, a more feasible 9-7 or 8-8 could work out strong expectations going into next year. Let's get our boy Bradford ready and return STRONG for an effective, winning passing game.

Another positive: Seattle and Arizona don't look 'that' impressive.

Again, judging by today's game, Rams CAN DO.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-31-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Ram

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Good post. Can't wait to see Bradford work with Lloyd, Clayton DX, and Salas. Bradford would have completed those two bombs to Lloyd.

Let's give some recognition to Goldberg too. Not known as a great lineman, he came off the bench and performed much better than Jason Smith has this season. He shutdown the left end, and had some nice blocks in the run game.

And I am very impressed with Harris. He's looking like that legit #1 cornerback he used to be. I get giddy when I see him press and jam the hell outta the other "premiere" receivers. If he's not retired and getting the senior discount at IHOP next year, I look forward to seeing him work with Bartell, Fletcher and Murphy to form a solid secondary tandem.

I want Karney back. Britt Miller is smaller than Jackson.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Lloyd looked good on the turf to me, great looking pick up.! Long and Quinn, well it's about time men. What a difference it makes to the team, when the Rams start getting QB pressure. Keep it going now, boys.?
    Im even more baffled now about the Rams terrible start, but at least now Im happier.! What a strange season this has been.?

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Better late than never,heres to a good game vs Arizona
    GO RAMS!!!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Remember, the offense was able to convert and stay on the field - that keeps the defense from being on the field so much. The offense looked like more of a WCO than the spread offense. Throw in discipline to not kill ourselves with penalties (except Hank Fraley - at the twilight of his career), and we get a winning effort. Finally, we beat both the Rams and the saints. GO RAMS!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rambos is offline Registered User

Lloyd is much faster a and much smoother route runner then I thought he would be. It's hard for me not to see him and Bradford putting up big time games. Lloyd changes a lot the D can't stack the box. the Rams sent the message with the back to back deep shots, they where both missed plays. But that was enough to make them respect the deep ball and SJ finally did not have to face a stacked box.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Its called tackling and shedding off blockers, games are won in the trenches(offensive line/defensive line),by doing so, it will make everyones job so much easier , while we still have work to do, this game showed some improvement from last week. Now going into this next game, lets see if we can carry some of this fire/momentum and create some consistency. Go Rams!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Okay, sorry I'm behind on some of the more important Rams news: When is MClayton expected to be removed from the PUP list?

Should result being one more positive for Rams offense!

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Okay, sorry I'm behind on some of the more important Rams news: When is MClayton expected to be removed from the PUP list?

Should result being one more positive for Rams offense!
    Well he had some soreness in his Achilles 2 days ago and just got out of a protective boot. Im fully expecting him to be activated in the next few days, because if he doesn't he will be moved to IR.